No Rebuttal from GOP

On President's speech Thursday. :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

I say let them play football.

Pelosi Peeved Republicans Opt Out Of Rebuttal To Obama Speech | FoxNews.com

Yup.

You know the strategy with this right? No response by the reps means 2 things IMO

1) The dems can't claim the reps are trying to "fight against their job package" as they won't have a critical response to it
2) It puts the onus 100% on the president to ensure his plan will succeed.

I agree, the GOP are using the Dems tactics against the Dems. Good move by Boehner.

If they do it like the Dem congress did under Bush at the end it is both sad and amazing. They will sell out while at the same time letting Obama destroy not only himself but the Democrat party.

They can not agree on any one tact.

they are splintered

retard.jpg

I'm not sure what Obama will propose, but you can bet Republicans in the House will reject it regardless of what he proposes. That rejection will become an important part of his reelection campaign.

I am one of those that have already contacted my representative (Tom Sullivan) and both of my Senators (Inhofe and Coburn). No matter what Barry says, they should oppose it as vehemently as they would oppose anything that will irrevocably damage this country. I have yet to hear the man utter one common sense business approach to solving the unemployment in this country.

Anyone who knew anything about business, could begin turning the unemployment rate around within one year. But of course, that would entail some things that would be incredibly distasteful to the far-left Democratics. The blue-dog Democrats, who are a dwindling number, support these measures and if they were allowed to do what they want (Refer to Representative Dan Boren from Oklahoma), then the unemployment rate would also drop. But they won't.

More talk... another speech... I will be watching football.

The republicans strategy today is to gain back power, whatever happens to Americans is no concern of theirs - that is true on both sides of the aisle. It almost seems the president is the only force for good in the nation, I am thinking of Washington, Lincoln, FDR, Truman, Eisenhower, LBJ, and now Obama. Faced with tough times these men rose to the occasion but the congress today is married to K street and corporations. How long will it take before the gap between the haves and have nots leads to trouble? All it will soon need is a leader, or something like what happened in Wisconsin.

"Republicans, of course, cloak themselves in the rhetoric of freedom and necessity and express concern about future generations. That the beast they would slay ultimately translates to the lives of American citizens, including some of the most vulnerable who depend on government social programs to which they enjoy legal, political, and moral entitlement, is irrelevant. Hatred of government is a disease with them. They loathe common purpose and project, especially when channeled through the state. Their hatred of government, it seems to me, is tantamount to hatred of country." Steven Johnston The Contemporary Condition: Why Do Republicans Hate America?

The democrats.

no balanced budget ammendment
no to cut, cap, and balance
no to the ryan plan

they also had COMPLETE control for over a year after obama took office and did NOTHING

Wha'ts that you said about leadership again?

What party had majority control from 2006 until 2010 and the WH since 2009?

What party left the state and when into hiding as an attempt to keep Wisconsin from enacting a budget?

OH! OH! I know! Pick me! pick meeeeeeeeeee!

LOL OK say it...big letters and put it in bold!

Yeah you couldnnt even pick a person to give a rebuttal your party is so fractured.

In conland that is great leadership.

1) Im not a republican and the last republican I voted for was scott brown, before that george bush in 2000 VS GORE so get that incorrect assumption out of here

2) It is great leadership to get all the different personalities in the Big Tent republican party to all agree to not respond to whatever obama says. It shows that the republicans, while having people of many different ideas in their party, can still act in unison.

3) The republicans have already introduced 3 seperate plans, obama is WAY behind the ball.

I agree and IMO its a smart move by the GOP.

If they don't rebut it then they can't be accused of bein obstructionist.

Again. Smart move by the GOP.

BTW TDM is a flamming partisan idiot and she proves it everytime she posts. Jeeze.

Yup. You know the strategy with this right? No response by the reps means 2 things IMO 1) The dems can't claim the reps are trying to "fight against their job package" as they won't have a critical response to it 2) It puts the onus 100% on the president to ensure his plan will succeed.[/quote said:
----------

Yup, just more of the same politics from Republicans without any solutions to offer :eusa_whistle:

His speech will stand or fall on it's own merits, and you will just have to deal with that.

The republicans strategy today is to gain back power, whatever happens to Americans is no concern of theirs - that is true on both sides of the aisle. It almost seems the president is the only force for good in the nation, I am thinking of Washington, Lincoln, FDR, Truman, Eisenhower, LBJ, and now Obama. Faced with tough times these men rose to the occasion but the congress today is married to K street and corporations. How long will it take before the gap between the haves and have nots leads to trouble? All it will soon need is a leader, or something like what happened in Wisconsin.

"Republicans, of course, cloak themselves in the rhetoric of freedom and necessity and express concern about future generations. That the beast they would slay ultimately translates to the lives of American citizens, including some of the most vulnerable who depend on government social programs to which they enjoy legal, political, and moral entitlement, is irrelevant. Hatred of government is a disease with them. They loathe common purpose and project, especially when channeled through the state. Their hatred of government, it seems to me, is tantamount to hatred of country." Steven Johnston The Contemporary Condition: Why Do Republicans Hate America?

Yea, yea, yea, where did you copy that?? The Republicans are interested in giving the power back to the PEOPLE, well the one's that I'll be voting for. My power is in the voting booth, not on capitol hill. I plan to keep changing those folks until they realize that.

Now I have to get to work so I can pay those taxes necessary for the folks up there to spend it how they see fit, not the way they should. Later folks!!

Last edited:
Longstanding joke in the legal profession about a novice attorney making a great long speech in his closing argument that went on for a whole day, reiterating the facts at issue and declaiming about legal traditions from the time of Hammurabi, the principles of law from the time of Pericles and Cicero, quoting reams from Blackstone and Justice Marshall. After a long hot tedious day with most of the jury and the judge lightly snoring through most of the peroration, the opposition attorney rose, and after the jury and judge had awakened, told the court that he would follow the example of his learned friend and finish without a closing argument.

Thursday night is for football. Most of the voters are tired of both sides, especially after the fiasco with the debt limit. The people who tune in will be wanting the game.

According to what we have read, all we are going to get is the same old same old. If it continues too long the viewers who are irritated to start with will only get angry at the waste of their time.

To me this is Obama's last chance to really fix things, 1 year left and there simply is not time to have a recovery if this all fails. If Obama presents more bullshit, more attacks and more division in this country I think it will have pushed me to the point where I actually will simply want to see Obama loose in the GE so that he can get the biggest FUCK YOU possible.

That won't mean I vote for some generic Republican or something, I’d still do a write in if no one I like is running but Obama is the smartest President the US has ever had that can’t seem to get a single answer right. Obama’s arrogance mixed with 100 year out of date political attacks and garbage makes me want an example made of him.

I like Ron Paul, I like his ideas and blah blah blah… But what I really like about Ron Paul is that his goal is to fix things, not play politics with all of the citizens lives. Obama cares more about pawning his failures off on others than actually doing good for the country.

I understand Obama will be rich for the rest of his life now that he obtained the Presidents seat, he will sell it for all it s worth over time. But if Obama can’t get his shit together I want him to fear walking down the street due to being heckled. I want Obama to be remembered for what he is. So for me, Obama has a lot riding on this speech.

Good luck to him~

why should they do the minority party bidding?

In the words of the President, Truth..."elections have consequences". In this case the America electorate sent a clear message to President Obama and the Democrats during the mid-term elections when the Democrats lost an incredible number of seats. You wouldn't have known that happened however, from the way that this President has governed since. If you'll recall, President Clinton made a pivot to the center following large Republican gains. Obama hasn't done that. Instead he's accused the Republicans of being obstructionists because they won't go along with what he wants while he won't budge at all.

Clinton was much smarter than this dude and he wasn't an ideologue.

Barry can't admit that his policies aren't working. Its the old try, try again and it just won't work. Never has and never will.

If he had an ounce of brains he'd look back in history and see what did work and copy it like a mf.

I sure as hell would.

Yeah you couldnnt even pick a person to give a rebuttal your party is so fractured.

In conland that is great leadership.

1) Im not a republican and the last republican I voted for was scott brown, before that george bush in 2000 VS GORE so get that incorrect assumption out of here

2) It is great leadership to get all the different personalities in the Big Tent republican party to all agree to not respond to whatever obama says. It shows that the republicans, while having people of many different ideas in their party, can still act in unison.

3) The republicans have already introduced 3 seperate plans, obama is WAY behind the ball.

I agree and IMO its a smart move by the GOP.

If they don't rebut it then they can't be accused of bein obstructionist.

Again. Smart move by the GOP.

BTW TDM is a flamming partisan idiot and she proves it everytime she posts. Jeeze.

We'll see whether it's a smart move. It's very early days and perhaps whatever happens this autumn is irrelevant to the outcome of the 2012 elections. But at some point the electorate might want to see the candidates actually address each other's arguments. If so, pretending that Obama doesn't exist might hurt the Repubs.

Forum List

Back