No pat downs for Boehner

I wonder how often any of you fly.

I travel quite a bit for business. In international airports, the people who pay for first class and premium tickets are often provided with special security lines to get through the crowd more quickly. I've seen special passes for know frequent flyers at some that allow the holder to go through an area where they bypass the searches altogether. (The U.S. at one point had such a pre-screened type of pilot program for frequent flyers - not sure what happened to it.)

Boehner is flying first class. If I paid for a first class ticket, I would expect something for the incremental $Ks cost besides free beverages.

I thought he was going to be flying commercial? :eusa_eh:

Modbert doesn't grok the concept of profiling.

Yes, I understand you probably wish to racially profile anyone that even looks like a Muslim. However, let me know how racial profiling would of stopped the Oklahoma City Bombing. Better yet, let me know when you bother to realize that the hijackers on 9/11 weren't wearing Muslim garb but in reality suits.

well to be fair lets make sure we are speaking of the same thing. Me? I have no issue with Israeli behavioral profiling.

There's the proof that you don't understand what profiling is.

Any competent police officer will tell you that profiling involves a variety of factors, including behavior (which imo, is the most important one). If you think it is limited race profiling, you are just demonstrating how well the education system has brainwashed you.

And, playing the RACE CARD is an admission of defeat.

Now, go play in traffic.

I understand what profiling is thanks. I also understand the kind of profiling you want. You're part of the problem. I'm willing to bet 2-1 you supported the Patriot Act and may still do so but may not be willing to admit it.

Again, the hijackers on 9/11 were described to be calm if not happy-go-lucky. Are we going to pull people who are calm and happy-go-lucky out of line?

As long as you make such comments, the only response you will receive is:

4446870604_ba23cb378e.jpg

the radioman post applies to them all, I didn't see a clause opting any party affiliation out. Unless of course you can provide an example of a dem. volunteering for a pat down, you know,so they can identify with the regular people?

Is there ANYTHING you don't see in terms of partisanship?

Where are all the 28th Amendment crowd??

You know...the ones who insist that all the rules that apply to us, apply to Congress?

:lol:don't try that dude.:eusa_hand: its cheap.

How many threads have we had on the 28th Amendment? Come on boys...where are you now when it is one of your own the rules don't apply to?

I travel quite a bit for business. In international airports, the people who pay for first class and premium tickets are often provided with special security lines to get through the crowd more quickly. I've seen special passes for know frequent flyers at some that allow the holder to go through an area where they bypass the searches altogether. (The U.S. at one point had such a pre-screened type of pilot program for frequent flyers - not sure what happened to it.)

Boehner is flying first class. If I paid for a first class ticket, I would expect something for the incremental $Ks cost besides free beverages.

I thought he was going to be flying commercial? :eusa_eh:

Uh. Commercial airfare includes First Class.

Unsurprisingly, you are spouting off about things for which you have no knowledge.

Yes, I understand you probably wish to racially profile anyone that even looks like a Muslim. However, let me know how racial profiling would of stopped the Oklahoma City Bombing. Better yet, let me know when you bother to realize that the hijackers on 9/11 weren't wearing Muslim garb but in reality suits.

Well, OK City was not an airport security line kind of deal. He was just a guy with a rental truck that parked it next to an office building. That happens every day. Even now.

However, if you wanted to profile the dude, he sets off lots of profiling alarm bells. Badly educated male, loner, single and giving off real bad vibes.

ANd some guy wearing arab dress wouldn't fit the profile.

As long as you make such comments, the only response you will receive is:

4446870604_ba23cb378e.jpg

Not playing the race card. Playing the reality card. Like I previously said, what distinguishing features did the 9/11 hijackers have that would of had you pull them out of line other than the fact they looked Muslim? Go ahead, tell me what methods you would use since you seem to think you're so much more intelligent.

well to be fair lets make sure we are speaking of the same thing. Me? I have no issue with Israeli behavioral profiling.

Nor do I. Israel's methods are far more effective than the nonsensical U.S. version of making cancer survivor flight attendants remove prosthetics.

Not playing the race card. Playing the reality card. Like I previously said, what distinguishing features did the 9/11 hijackers have that would of had you pull them out of line other than the fact they looked Muslim? Go ahead, tell me what methods you would use since you seem to think you're so much more intelligent.

I see a lack of an answer to my question, yet you were so quick to respond to all my other posts Boe.

On top of that, feel free to tell me how if we use Israel's system how it will work for us. You have to consider the fact how many airports Israel has and just how many international airports Israel has (the answer is 3).

https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/fields/2053.html

United States 15,079 (2010)
Israel 48 (2010)

Quite a large difference to say the least, one that must be taken into account if we would be using their methods.

I see a lack of an answer to my question, yet you were so quick to respond to all my other posts Boe.

On top of that, feel free to tell me how if we use Israel's system how it will work for us. You have to consider the fact how many airports Israel has and just how many international airports Israel has (the answer is 3).

Israel 48 (2010)

Quite a large difference to say the least, one that must be taken into account if we would be using their methods.

All you are doing is proving how ineffective massive centralized control of airport security is.

Each airport and its client airlines should be responsible for security in a decentralized manner.

Israel 48 (2010)

true the numbers are huge, but so is our TSA org. Do you know how many member's the TSA employs?

I made this point in another thread, we train half their number in the Israeli paradigm then shift away from so many searches by chance per se and use this method in its place for that half.

There is no reason why we cannot employ more methods OR at the very least give it a try. The odds would not be any much less as to a pop screening which is what we do since we don't seacrh everyone now anyway, we allow a computer to choose for us, which in my opinion is totally ridiculous...a computer generated list? Based on some logarithm? Every 5th, 10th, whatever, you must know that leaves a lot to be desired.

McVeigh would be pulled over before Mohammed Attah in a profiling system. Attah was traveling first class.

McVeigh hits Ben Gurien airport security, they would ask "Occupation" Unemployed. Alarm bell one
Educaiton : High school drop out. Alarm bell two
reason for the trip : errrr don't know. Alarm bell three
baggage Just a carry on. Alarm bell four.
on that alone, he wouldn't be allowed in the terminal.

Then they would send someone to chat with him. He would brush them off. then he would get pulled in for some more questioning.

All you are doing is proving how ineffective massive centralized control of airport security is.

Each airport and its client airlines should be responsible for security in a decentralized manner.

All you're doing is not answering either of my two questions. Are you suggesting that the people checking for security at airports be from private companies as well?

That's three questions for you to answer now. To recap:

1.) What distinguishing features did the 9/11 hijackers have that would of had you pull them out of line other than the fact they looked Muslim?

2.) How will we have the Israeli system work for us?

3.) Are you suggesting that the people checking for security at airports be from private companies as well?

Again, while the Israel system may work for them as they are a much smaller country with a lot less airports, the same system may not work in such a larger country with a lot more airports like the U.S. Or at the very least be not as efficient.

I travel quite a bit for business. In international airports, the people who pay for first class and premium tickets are often provided with special security lines to get through the crowd more quickly. I've seen special passes at some that allow the holder to go through an area where they bypass the searches altogether.

Please provide a link to back this up.

In our country, America, the only special lines first class passengers get are at the ticket counter. Everyone gets in the same line to go through security.

Except the wheelchair bound, of course.

you've never flown out of DC, then. there's always some asshole congressdildo/senator doing the do you know who i am dance.

fail

true the numbers are huge, but so is our TSA org. Do you know how many member's the TSA employs?

I made this point in another thread, we train half their number in the Israeli paradigm then shift away from so many searches by chance per se and use this method in its place for that half.

There is no reason why we cannot employ more methods OR at the very least give it a try. The odds would not be any much less as to a pop screening which is what we do since we don't seacrh everyone now anyway, we allow a computer to choose for us, which in my opinion is totally ridiculous...a computer generated list? Based on some logarithm? Every 5th, 10th, whatever, you must know that leaves a lot to be desired.

Transportation Security Administration - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

56,221 people. How many of those people can be trained to be highly professional and efficient security screeners like they have in Israel? Then you have to account for the cost of doing that, and time for using Israel's methods.

Don't get me wrong, I don't like the current TSA methods anymore than you do. However, at the same time, you can see why I would not want to use methods that would clearly have trouble working for us.

Israel also questions every passenger, or least that's what I've read. Again, that works for smaller airports, however wouldn't it be more difficult for the U.S with not only a larger volume of passengers but also airports?

I travel quite a bit for business. In international airports, the people who pay for first class and premium tickets are often provided with special security lines to get through the crowd more quickly. I've seen special passes at some that allow the holder to go through an area where they bypass the searches altogether.

In our country, America, the only special lines first class passengers get are at the ticket counter. Everyone gets in the same line to go through security.

you've never flown out of DC, then. there's always some asshole congressdildo/senator doing the do you know who i am dance.

fail
:cuckoo: Exactly my point. Special treatment.

fail
:cuckoo: Exactly my point. Special treatment.

so it's only an issue when it's boehner? :cuckoo:

Wrong.

There have always been special queues for first-class check-in and boarding. Those are part of a private transaction between an airline and a customer. But two-tiered security checks are a different story. Airport security, after all, is not a business transaction. It is justified as national defense, mandated by federal law, overseen by the Transportation Security Administration and carried out by either the T.S.A. or a private security service under its ultimate authority. It exists in its present form because of the national emergency of Sept. 11, 2001. It is financed by a “Sept. 11 security fee” that all fliers pay.

The T.S.A., whenever it is called on the carpet (which is often) about the two-tiered system it countenances, responds with the same piece of casuistry. The rich are scanned the same way as everyone else, the T.S.A. insists, but the formation of the queues themselves is not our department. “That real estate in front of the checkpoint is owned by the airlines,” one spokeswoman told USA Today in 2006. (The law is not crystal clear. It gives supervisory responsibility for the entire airport to a T.S.A. “federal security director.”)

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/05/11/magazine/11wwln-lede-t.html?_r=1

I typically fly business class. During my last trip to Paris, I went through expedited security lines for premium members at both SFO and DeGaulle.

Forum List

Back