Delta fined $50K for 'discriminatory' removal of three Muslim passengers

This was a manufactured incident to build racial tension between Muslims and non Muslims.
What proof do you have that leads you to believe this was manufactured? These incidents have been well documented, particularly by the ACLU.

There's no need to manufacture anything when there is plenty of anti-Islamic animosity and hostility among the flying public, particularly after the government sanctioned it via it's various initiatves.
Everything to Soros is like a movie script.

Related Fake News Alert: CNN Finally Admits White Helmets Staged Fake Video
[snipped]
What does your response have to do with the article or my question?

If we gonna profile Muslims boarding planes....we should profile whites in schools, churches, work places, around kids, and so much more. Every time I turn on the TV there is a white person going on a mass shootings, kidnapped a kid, or shot an entire family. I CAN'T remember last time a Muslim commuted something in the US that we need to alarmed about.
Let every demographic in the country decide who needs to be most profiled. I bet the results wont be to your liking though. For example, who do you think asians would profile most? White people? Pff... :laugh:
Only the paranoid like to profile. And it seems far right nuts thrive on racism and bigotry.

Only sane people want to profile. Only reckless and callous fools, don't want to profile.

Remember that leftists companies also have to "bake the cake". Somehow currently they believe it is a one way street. Trump needs to enact new laws making it illegal to ban and demonetize people on social media platforms for political views.
Remember that rightists are cowards who attempt to deflect threads with red herring fallacies and lies – this post being one of many examples.
says the coward who wont defend any post you throw up....

If we gonna profile Muslims boarding planes....we should profile whites in schools, churches, work places, around kids, and so much more. Every time I turn on the TV there is a white person going on a mass shootings, kidnapped a kid, or shot an entire family. I CAN'T remember last time a Muslim commuted something in the US that we need to alarmed about.
Let every demographic in the country decide who needs to be most profiled. I bet the results wont be to your liking though. For example, who do you think asians would profile most? White people? Pff... :laugh:
Only the paranoid like to profile. And it seems far right nuts thrive on racism and bigotry.
well at least you said far right....

It's unfortunate when the racist, bigoted behavior of a company's employees or customers ends up tarnishing it's name/brand.

The airline told NBC News, "We disagree with the Department of Transportation's contention that Delta engaged in discriminatory conduct."
190816-delta-airplanes-jfk-2014-ac-621p_e7be1daab839552da169e563da300c9e.fit-760w.jpg

Delta planes at John F. Kennedy Airport in New York in 2014.Andrew Burton / Getty Images file

Jan. 25, 2020, 10:56 AM PST
By Nicole Acevedo

Delta Air Lines has been fined $50,000 for "discriminatory conduct" in the removal of three Muslim passengers from two flights in 2016, the U.S. Department of Transportation said.

A consent order released by the Transportation Department on Friday says Delta violated the law "when it removed and denied re-boarding" to the Muslim passengers.

The order also requires Delta to provide cultural-sensitivity training to all cabin crew members and customer service staff involved in both cases.

The airline for its part said it could have handled both incidents better but disagreed that its conduct was discriminatory.

The first incident occurred on July 26, 2016, when a Muslim married couple boarded a flight in Paris, France to return to their home in Cincinnati, Ohio. The wife "was wearing a head scarf" at the time.

A fellow passenger told a flight attendant the couple made her “very uncomfortable and nervous” because she saw the husband insert "something plastic into his watch" and do "something with it." The passenger described the couple, who are U.S. citizens, as “fidgety, nervous, and sweating,” according to the consent order.

Flight attendants also told the plane's captain they saw the husband "texting on his cell phone using the word 'Allah' several times" and raised concerns over him not smiling after their making eye contact with him. The captain then asked security officers to remove the passengers from the plane for additional vetting, the Transportation Department said.

The captain later refused to let the couple re-board the plane, after they were interviewed and cleared, because the flight attendants were "uncomfortable" having the couple on the flight, the order said.

If it weren't for the couple's "perceived religion, Delta would not have removed or denied them re-boarding," the order said.

The second incident occurred five days later on July 31, 2016, when a Muslim man boarded a flight from Amsterdam, Netherlands, to New York City.

Passengers at the departing gate told Delta’s flight crew they observed the man making “significant eye contact” and later speaking with a person of similar ethnicity in the gate area. The person he spoke to didn't board the plane and appeared to have given him a small package, according to the Transportation Department's investigation.

At the captain's request the flight's First Officer walked through the cabin but "observed nothing remarkable" about the passenger. Delta Corporate Security also informed the captain that the man's record showed “no red flags.”

The captain proceeded to begin departure but later "returned to the gate" because "the flight attendants expressed, without any intervening incident, that they remained uncomfortable," according to the order.

The Transportation Department found the man was not subjected to additional security screening prior to being relocated on another flight, leading the agency to conclude that his removal "was discriminatory."

Delta disagrees with the federal department's characterization of their actions as "discriminatory."

The airline told NBC News in a statement that its "best customer service was not reflected" in how the incidents were handled, but "we disagree with the Department of Transportation's contention that Delta engaged in discriminatory conduct."

Delta said it has "worked to improve our investigative process since these incidents and we have supporting programs, policies, training and procedures that back up our commitments in this area.” 

The company also said in a statement in the consent order, that it is "a global airline that serves customers of all races, ethnicities, and religious affiliations ... Delta stands by its record as an airline where all are welcome, and unlawful discrimination of any kind is not tolerated."

Delta fined $50K for 'discriminatory' removal of three Muslim passengers
Maybe Muslims should stop hijacking and flying planes into buildings.

Sieg Heil

313e225b-d55c-45a2-a508-2e4879837155.jpg

Remember that leftists companies also have to "bake the cake". Somehow currently they believe it is a one way street. Trump needs to enact new laws making it illegal to ban and demonetize people on social media platforms for political views.

San Bernardino a decade or so ago, the Boston Marathon bombing, the Fort Hood shooter, the DC shooters, that’s just off the top of my head without doing and research.

Wow, you have a really short memory.

For the life of me I can't figure out why the word "oriental" became a pejorative term for asian people?

Historians for decades used "occidental" to differentiate white people from "oriental" yellow people when writing about Europeans in Asia. ... :cool:
Yeah, I knew a woman who tore up a woman's knitting group because someone said just what you did ---- so now I make a point of always saying Oriental when I mean, like Chinese. (Or "chinkie" as Archie Bunker said once.) I think it's crucial that we not allow these awful leftists to steal all our words.

Disappointingly, no one has ever noticed, even young people! Probably most people don't know about this newest shibboleth.

I work in the hotel industry and have for a awhile. Delta has a contract for their crews to stay with us and I have to say the vast majority of delta flight attendants and pilots are smug, rude, entitled, assholes. All they do is give back handed snide remarks, expect everything under the sun and are unfriendly. Occasionally some will be genuinely nice, but that's maybe 1 out of 10. The younger ones are the worst.

And I always hear them complaining about passengers. Some of which is warranted, but they will talk about how annoying someone is because they wanted a second drink, or laugh about how they gave someone shit for asking for something.

Pretty much having to deal with them made me not use them anymore.

It's unfortunate when the racist, bigoted behavior of a company's employees or customers ends up tarnishing it's name/brand.
The airline told NBC News, "We disagree with the Department of Transportation's contention that Delta engaged in discriminatory conduct."​
190816-delta-airplanes-jfk-2014-ac-621p_e7be1daab839552da169e563da300c9e.fit-760w.jpg
Delta planes at John F. Kennedy Airport in New York in 2014.Andrew Burton / Getty Images file​
Jan. 25, 2020, 10:56 AM PST​
By Nicole Acevedo​
Delta Air Lines has been fined $50,000 for "discriminatory conduct" in the removal of three Muslim passengers from two flights in 2016, the U.S. Department of Transportation said.
A consent order released by the Transportation Department on Friday says Delta violated the law "when it removed and denied re-boarding" to the Muslim passengers.​
The order also requires Delta to provide cultural-sensitivity training to all cabin crew members and customer service staff involved in both cases.​
The airline for its part said it could have handled both incidents better but disagreed that its conduct was discriminatory.​
The first incident occurred on July 26, 2016, when a Muslim married couple boarded a flight in Paris, France to return to their home in Cincinnati, Ohio. The wife "was wearing a head scarf" at the time.​
A fellow passenger told a flight attendant the couple made her “very uncomfortable and nervous” because she saw the husband insert "something plastic into his watch" and do "something with it." The passenger described the couple, who are U.S. citizens, as “fidgety, nervous, and sweating,” according to the consent order.​
Flight attendants also told the plane's captain they saw the husband "texting on his cell phone using the word 'Allah' several times" and raised concerns over him not smiling after their making eye contact with him. The captain then asked security officers to remove the passengers from the plane for additional vetting, the Transportation Department said.​
The captain later refused to let the couple re-board the plane, after they were interviewed and cleared, because the flight attendants were "uncomfortable" having the couple on the flight, the order said.​
If it weren't for the couple's "perceived religion, Delta would not have removed or denied them re-boarding," the order said.​
The second incident occurred five days later on July 31, 2016, when a Muslim man boarded a flight from Amsterdam, Netherlands, to New York City.​
Passengers at the departing gate told Delta’s flight crew they observed the man making “significant eye contact” and later speaking with a person of similar ethnicity in the gate area. The person he spoke to didn't board the plane and appeared to have given him a small package, according to the Transportation Department's investigation.​
At the captain's request the flight's First Officer walked through the cabin but "observed nothing remarkable" about the passenger. Delta Corporate Security also informed the captain that the man's record showed “no red flags.”​
The captain proceeded to begin departure but later "returned to the gate" because "the flight attendants expressed, without any intervening incident, that they remained uncomfortable," according to the order.​
The Transportation Department found the man was not subjected to additional security screening prior to being relocated on another flight, leading the agency to conclude that his removal "was discriminatory."​
Delta disagrees with the federal department's characterization of their actions as "discriminatory."​
The airline told NBC News in a statement that its "best customer service was not reflected" in how the incidents were handled, but "we disagree with the Department of Transportation's contention that Delta engaged in discriminatory conduct."​
Delta said it has "worked to improve our investigative process since these incidents and we have supporting programs, policies, training and procedures that back up our commitments in this area.” ​
The company also said in a statement in the consent order, that it is "a global airline that serves customers of all races, ethnicities, and religious affiliations ... Delta stands by its record as an airline where all are welcome, and unlawful discrimination of any kind is not tolerated."​

Well, hiring the right people and training them is part of business.

San Bernardino a decade or so ago, the Boston Marathon bombing, the Fort Hood shooter, the DC shooters, that’s just off the top of my head without doing and research.
The Vegas shooter alone puts all of them to shame . But I guess since he was white, we gotta give him a pass.

The Vegas shooter alone puts all of them to shame . But I guess since he was white, we gotta give him a pass.
He might have been Muslim. We still don’t know. Why it’s being covered up is a question no one seems to want an answer to.

The airline told NBC News, "We disagree with the Department of Transportation's contention that Delta engaged in discriminatory conduct."​
Delta planes at John F. Kennedy Airport in New York in 2014.Andrew Burton / Getty Images file​
By Nicole Acevedo​
A consent order released by the Transportation Department on Friday says Delta violated the law "when it removed and denied re-boarding" to the Muslim passengers.​
The order also requires Delta to provide cultural-sensitivity training to all cabin crew members and customer service staff involved in both cases.​
The airline for its part said it could have handled both incidents better but disagreed that its conduct was discriminatory.​
The first incident occurred on July 26, 2016, when a Muslim married couple boarded a flight in Paris, France to return to their home in Cincinnati, Ohio. The wife "was wearing a head scarf" at the time.​
A fellow passenger told a flight attendant the couple made her “very uncomfortable and nervous” because she saw the husband insert "something plastic into his watch" and do "something with it." The passenger described the couple, who are U.S. citizens, as “fidgety, nervous, and sweating,” according to the consent order.​
Flight attendants also told the plane's captain they saw the husband "texting on his cell phone using the word 'Allah' several times" and raised concerns over him not smiling after their making eye contact with him. The captain then asked security officers to remove the passengers from the plane for additional vetting, the Transportation Department said.​
The captain later refused to let the couple re-board the plane, after they were interviewed and cleared, because the flight attendants were "uncomfortable" having the couple on the flight, the order said.​
If it weren't for the couple's "perceived religion, Delta would not have removed or denied them re-boarding," the order said.​
The second incident occurred five days later on July 31, 2016, when a Muslim man boarded a flight from Amsterdam, Netherlands, to New York City.​
Passengers at the departing gate told Delta’s flight crew they observed the man making “significant eye contact” and later speaking with a person of similar ethnicity in the gate area. The person he spoke to didn't board the plane and appeared to have given him a small package, according to the Transportation Department's investigation.​
At the captain's request the flight's First Officer walked through the cabin but "observed nothing remarkable" about the passenger. Delta Corporate Security also informed the captain that the man's record showed “no red flags.”​
The captain proceeded to begin departure but later "returned to the gate" because "the flight attendants expressed, without any intervening incident, that they remained uncomfortable," according to the order.​
The Transportation Department found the man was not subjected to additional security screening prior to being relocated on another flight, leading the agency to conclude that his removal "was discriminatory."​
Delta disagrees with the federal department's characterization of their actions as "discriminatory."​
The airline told NBC News in a statement that its "best customer service was not reflected" in how the incidents were handled, but "we disagree with the Department of Transportation's contention that Delta engaged in discriminatory conduct."​
Delta said it has "worked to improve our investigative process since these incidents and we have supporting programs, policies, training and procedures that back up our commitments in this area.” ​
The company also said in a statement in the consent order, that it is "a global airline that serves customers of all races, ethnicities, and religious affiliations ... Delta stands by its record as an airline where all are welcome, and unlawful discrimination of any kind is not tolerated."​

Well, hiring the right people and training them is part of business.
Well the rules & laws changed. Sometimes you don't find out what type of person someone really is until incidents like these occur.

By Nicole Acevedo​
Another very bad decision by our court system.

Legitimate concerns are left to the pilot.
Bullying passengers and flight crew to silence will get people like you killed one day, so theres always an upside for everything

By Nicole Acevedo​
Another very bad decision by our court system.

Legitimate concerns are left to the pilot.
Bullying passengers and flight crew to silence will get people like you killed one day, so theres always an upside for everything
There sure is an upside to everything, just like your poor wording of this comment will be useful to my cause.

Forum List

Back