So....Bush Tax Cuts included the rich AND middle class?????????

Discussion in 'Politics' started by bucs90, Nov 21, 2010.

1. bucs90

bucs90 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +19,210
    For 10 years we've heard that Bush simply cut taxes for the rich.

But now, we hear that if the Bush Tax Cuts are not extended, that taxes on the middle class will also go up January 1st.

How is that so? I thought Bush only cut taxes for the rich? If so, then why are taxes going up on the middle class on January 1? The Dem's keep saying they are willing to renew the middle class portion of it, but not for the rich? But.......I thought the cuts included ONLY the rich, according the left wings rants over the last decade?

So Bush's crime wasn't cutting taxes for the rich. The crime was merely including the rich into his tax cuts that applied to everyone who wasn't on government welfare already?

I'm confused. So....basically, Bush cut everyones taxes? But his inclusion of rich people in that tax break is what made him so hated by the left?

2. elvis

elvis BANNED Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,303
    The Bush tax cuts saved me at least $2600 a year the past eight years. I'm not rich.

3. elvis

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,303
    all you have to do is look at the IRS tax brackets for say last year vs. 2000. That will tell the tale of the tax cuts.

4. bucs90

bucs90 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +19,210
    Yeah, I'm not rich either, and the Bush cuts saved me a few thousand dollars too. I spent that money. Some on bills, some on just buying stuff I have wanted for a while but couldnt' afford yet, some on a new truck I needed.

But I was very confused. Because for 10 years, the left wing has ranted on how Bush just "cut taxes for the rich" and did nothing else.

If that were true, then only the rich's taxes would go up Jan 1, but they are all saying if these cuts aren't extended, everyone's are going up. How so? Does that mean Bush included the middle class in his tax cuts? It sure seems like it.

So....either the left wing is lying about Bush......or......they are lying in saying that Jan 1 the middle class will see higher taxes if the Bush cuts expire. Which is it?

5. elvis

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,303
    If you tell the same lie enough times, people will believe it......

6. mdn2000

mdn2000 BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +278
    If you tell a lie to a libel once they believe it.

7. bucs90

bucs90 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +19,210
    Ok. So basically, the left has lied for 10 years. Bush did cut taxes for the rich....AND the middle class.

But they are so obsessed with class warfare, that his mere inclusion of the rich in his tax cuts infuriated them to the point that they just lied about it?

And NOW they are so obsessed with taking money away from the rich, that they are willing to risk allowing taxes to go up on everyone just to avoid allowing the rich to be included in a Bush Tax Cut extension?

So, I suppose the left is so fanatical about class warfare, they are putting ideology over the best interest in the nations economy right now. Got it.

8. elvis

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,303
    lie by omission...

9. Rozman

Rozman Gold Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,688
    Another interesting little factoid for you.The vote that was just held to extend the unemployment benefits yet again showed that 11 Democrats voted no on it and some Dems didn't vote at all.All I hear from Ed Shultz from MSNBC scream about after this latest vote was that the Republicans blocked it yet again.Those evil selfish bastards he pretty much called the Republicans.He failed to mention the Dems part in the vote.

And they rag on Fox for not being truthful.

http://blogs.abcnews.com/thenote/2010/11/house-votes-against-jobless-benefits-extension.html

Last edited: Nov 21, 2010
  10. mdn2000

mdn2000 BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +278
    No Libels in this thread?

I guess the Libels do not like the title, the title to a thread is more important to the Libels than the content,

Libels want all message boards dominated by the Libel message. It does not matter what the content is inside, its simply repeat the message over and over until the idiots believe its true.

Six tax threads.