No Pander: Romney Makes Free Enterprise Pitch To Black Americans...

I heard quite a few boos.

Pitching free enterprise to the NAACP is a sure loser. More welfare, free lap dances, that's what wins at the NAACP.

I only saw a small bit including the ending, but all I heard was cheers and applauding (much louder than expected)!

People who want to hear boos will hear them no matter what, overall Romney did a good job.

I thought Romney did a good, but I was very impressed with the crowd and response. It's no secret that the NAACP is in Democrat's camp and strongly supporting and Democrat in any election on the planet. Yet the showed Romney respect. No one appeared to mock him, they appear to applaud and cheer from him etc. Bottomline they gave him the respect any politician running for President should get.

On the boos, supposedly they came when Romney talked about repealing Obaminationcare. That is a bill most people in that room strongly support (mostly because they don't realize the consequences of it, they onl see the good things like no pre-existing conditions). I can understand that. What if Romney went to a NRA meeting and said one of the first things he is going to do is end conceal carry in all 50 states, you could understand the boos coming from that crowd.

Well I see the (probably) paid trolls effectively derailed the thread by complaining about the source and making sure nobody focuses on Romney's speech.

But for those who would like to discuss Romney's speech, I didn't get in on the very beginning so I might have missed some boos there. I did hear/watch most of it, though, and I was hearing consistent applause after almost every point he made.

He did get loud boos when he said he would repeal Obamacare, but he stood there pleasantly and let them boo, then explained why he would repeal it. And he turned those boos back into applause.

I thought it an excellent effort, well worth his time, and I am beginning to get a little more excited about voting for Mitt Romney come November.

Watch Mitt Romney's Full Speech at NAACP National Convention - YouTube

Sure, I'll discuss what parts of it I've heard. Haven't heard the whole thing yet. But, what I did, I don't have a problem with. I think everyone agrees that poor communities would be helped by small businesses being opened and entrepreneurs taking chances and spending some more money in those communities. The differences come when we talk about how to do that. Romney and the GOP feel you just, well, do it. What? Doesn't everyone have a couple million lying around for seed money? The Democrats know that many people need help, or at least, someone to invest and take a chance on the new business.

So yeah, I don't have a problem with what Romney is saying. I just think he's being incredibly naive about the reality of starting a new business. Especially when you're a lower income African American trying to start a business in a lower income African American community.

How are the businesses doing that Obama funded with our money?

Last I heard, GM is doing very well.

Sure, I'll discuss what parts of it I've heard. Haven't heard the whole thing yet. But, what I did, I don't have a problem with. I think everyone agrees that poor communities would be helped by small businesses being opened and entrepreneurs taking chances and spending some more money in those communities. The differences come when we talk about how to do that. Romney and the GOP feel you just, well, do it. What? Doesn't everyone have a couple million lying around for seed money? The Democrats know that many people need help, or at least, someone to invest and take a chance on the new business.

So yeah, I don't have a problem with what Romney is saying. I just think he's being incredibly naive about the reality of starting a new business. Especially when you're a lower income African American trying to start a business in a lower income African American community.

That's exactly what Barney Frank said about Fannie and Freddie.

:badgrin:

That's exactly what Barney Frank said about Fannie and Freddie.

:badgrin:

Well they had to let Freddie and Fannie blow up and bring down almost all of the financial base of the country in order to give GM to its union and allow the union and the U.S. government become the controlling stockholders and to remain so at this day. Some folks would see that as government takeover of a business. And yes GM was reported to have repaid its stimulus money but what isn't said is that it borrowed it right back from the U.S. government, it has used a lot of it to ship 70% of its manufacturing overseas, mostly to China, and the Chevy Volt is the most heavily U.S. subsidized product manufactured in America. So yeah, they're reporting great profits, but a great deal of that is coming out of your and my pockets.

Mitt Romeny is much clearer on these issues than is Obama, and he managed to touch on that in his speech to the NAACP this morning.

Romney did something remarkable today. And I bet Obama is not pleased. Romney took blacks beyond race beyond government and into a world of ideas and success.

Romney did something remarkable today. And I bet Obama is not pleased. Romney took blacks beyond race beyond government and into a world of ideas and success.

Yeah, he spoke like a real leader. None of that tired Race-Baiting/Class Warfare stuff. Well done Mr. Romney. :clap2:

Forum List

Back