No Pander: Romney Makes Free Enterprise Pitch To Black Americans...

paulitician

Platinum Member
Oct 7, 2011
Republican presidential contender Mitt Romney told the NAACP annual conference this morning: "I’ve never heard anyone look around an impoverished neighborhood and say, 'You know, there’s too much free enterprise around here. Too many shops, too many jobs, too many people putting money in the bank.'" He's wrong there-formr Washington, DC mayor Marion Barry said that earlier this year--but Romney hit the right notes in pitching black voters on a common commitment to free enterprise, reaching past the big-government politics of the bulk of the NAACP's leadership to connect directly with the aspirations of millions of Americans, black and white.

By offering his audience a clear contrast between his policies and those of Barack Obama on an issue that has nothing to do with race, Romney transcended the divisive rhetoric that has surrounded the conference. He did not take the bait offered by Attorney General Eric Holder yesterday, who told the NAACP that Republicans were effectively applying racist "poll taxes" to black Americans through voter ID laws, and seeking to reverse the gains of the civil rights movement. Instead, Romney pointed to the involvement of his father, former Michigan governor George Romney, in supporting protests and legislation during the civil rights struggle. And he ignored the boos that some attendees gave him when he promised to repeal Obamacare.

Romney acknowledged the misgivings some black voters have about Republicans, and asked them to look past stereotypes: "I believe that if you understood who I truly am in my heart, and if it were possible to fully communicate what I believe is in the real, enduring best interest of African American families, you would vote for me for President"...

Read More:
No Pander: Romney Makes Free Enterprise Pitch to Black Americans

I heard quite a few boos.

Pitching free enterprise to the NAACP is a sure loser. More welfare, free lap dances, that's what wins at the NAACP.

If he could just pick off a few percentage points from Obama from the black community, that would make all the difference right there alone.
That said, probably no way that will happen though.

I thought he was suppose to get booed off the stage. I heard almost no boo's and a good amount of Cheers.

It's refreshing hearing a Presidential Candidate sounding Presidential. No Race Card? No Class Warfare? Kudos to Romney.

Just now on a radio news source, they said Romney was booed three seperate times, but was cheered when he said he would protect marriage.

I heard quite a few boos.

Pitching free enterprise to the NAACP is a sure loser. More welfare, free lap dances, that's what wins at the NAACP.

Must have been hearing things. Just replayed what I have of the speech, and again they actually clapped when he talked about Free Enterprise.

What Boos are you even talking about?

I thought he was suppose to get booed off the stage. I heard almost no boo's and a good amount of Cheers.

It's refreshing hearing a Presidential Candidate sounding Presidential. No Race Card? No Class Warfare? Kudos to Romney.

He has class, and is dignified and civil. He is also very smart and knows what he is saying and to whom. None of that can hurt him, and some of it may help. I am looking forward to hearing that speech and admire him for going into the lion's den of Obama worshipers....

Breitbart? Really?

Couldn't find a real news source?

Why do you hate Breitbart so much?

I don't hate the site. It's just full of lies to the point you can't trust anything they write or say.

Funny, You guys love to say sites are "full of lies" but you don't ever prove it.

And don't talk to me about the Out of Context SS Tape. He got duped on that one, He fell for it, He didn't lie.

Romney has a personal history with civil rights issues. His father, George, spoke out against segregation in the 1960s and, as governor of Michigan, toured the state's inner cities as race riots wracked Detroit and other urban areas across the country. He went on to lead the Department of Housing and Urban Development, where he pushed for housing reforms to help blacks.

He has class, and is dignified and civil. He is also very smart and knows what he is saying and to whom. None of that can hurt him, and some of it may help. I am looking forward to hearing that speech and admire him for going into the lion's den of Obama worshipers....

Perfectly stated. Yeah, he really did sound Presidential. No divisive Race-Baiting/Class Warfare B.S. Romney is sounding like a real leader.

Brietbart is a right wing fringe site that has been caught repetedly posting altered tape.

it is not an acceptable source for anything

Romney has a personal history with civil rights issues. His father, George, spoke out against segregation in the 1960s and, as governor of Michigan, toured the state's inner cities as race riots wracked Detroit and other urban areas across the country. He went on to lead the Department of Housing and Urban Development, where he pushed for housing reforms to help blacks.

Obama also has a personal history with the civil rights movement. Baby baracka was the product of a coupling during the Selma marches. It's really no surprise that he has stopped the rising of the seas. The black messiah was born into greatness.:clap2:

Forum List

Back