No one white today owned slaves but most whites today benefitted from the 100 years after slavery.

Status
Not open for further replies.
And here is more proof that conservatives can't accept facts.

Actually when Asians are admitted at a rate that is 3 times their population and whites are a majority, adverse impact is not shown.

If blacks get 230 extra points and Asians get 50 points subtracted, how is there no impact?

You can stop trying to use Asians in this disingenuous argument you are trying to make. You racists don't give a flying fuck about Asians or their equal rights. The OP is about how whites have benefitted from laws and policies after slavery. The same motherfucking laws and policies that put Asians in interment camps. There is no anti white discrimination and there is no adverse impact on whites by whatever correll and you are trying to argue. You've been shown that Asians are admitted into Ivy league schools at 3 times the rate of their population so there is no adverse impact there. And the fact remains that there are actually blacks who do score better than Asians and whites on these tests. If anything the 230 points are awarded due to the adverse impact of admission policy on blacks since blacks are admitted at half their rate of the population. about 3 times less than Asians and about 7 to 8 times less than whites.

Actually I do, and what you are saying here is YOU don't give a flying fuck about Asians, so stop projecting.

Nope. That's not what I am saying. I am saying this argument about Asians disingenuous and that's because it is. I bought up how Asians are paid less than white men and have filed more did racial discriminations suits against whites than anyone else and we hear crickets. If you are so concerned with the plihh of Asians then you are concerned about these things. What is going on is that Asians are being used in this argument to try denying the fact of how whites have benefitted the most from modern polices and to try reducing the reality of what blacks have faced.
Point out how exactly whites are being helped by slavery 150 years ago the 360,000 white men died to free the slaves who had never seen a slave in their life. You're throwing abstract statement out, and then being racist by saying this abstract statement applies to ALL of a certain skin color. It's a ridiculous statement, not to mention again, racist. Yes blacks can be very much guilty of racism too, and that's the group I've experienced the most racism from in my life. I don't put that on all blacks because it's just not the case. Asians can also be racist, more towards other Asians, but no group is innocent of racism. No group is entirely or even mostly guilty of racism wether it's on purpose or not. It's just a ridiculous statement to make, and it will get you no where. It also makes you no better than those guilty of racism, soft racism or hard racism, your perputating the cycle. Do it if you want, that's on you for being part of the problem not the solution.

I can do that but this thread is not about slavery. It is about the 100 years after slavery and how laws and policies made during that time befitted whites to include whites living right now. You've not experienced black racism. I know you don't have the intelligence to understand how I can say this, but you haven't. You are the one who is part of the problem because you think you are making sense but your argument is full of inconsistent thinking, is off topic and based upon false equivalences and inaccurate depictions of history..

Whites did not die to fight against slavery but again that is not what the OP was about.

Last edited:
It IS the way it is. If there is any discrimination taking place in admissions, every CURRENT study indicates that it is Asian students who are most at risk.

What he is doing is ignoring that glaring fact from the same study from 2004(13 years ago) that he posted, attempting to spin it to look like the admission of literally ANY black student is at the expense of MASSIVE numbers of white students.

It's laughable that he is still on a soapbox about proven BULLSHIT.

Opinion | White Students’ Unfair Advantage in Admissions

As always, I am not responsible for the voices in your head. NONE of the crazy you attribute to me, has anything to actually do with me or anything I said.

Please try again.

No need to venture down YOUR path of persecution again.

If you happened to be an Asian student who was actually being affected by the information in numerous studies out there, including the one you posted, then I might have some empathy, but you trying to ride on the coattails of their challenges relating to fainess in college admissions, does in fact effectively remove the mask from your psychosis.

There is nothing in this thread to "try again" for where you are concerned.

Carry on.

That Asians are discriminated against even MORE individually does not mean that many more whites are not discriminated against.

It is not credible that you cannot grasp that simple fact, based on the reality that you have the brain power to find your computer on a regular basis.

I have more than one computer, so finding one is not an issue. What matters is the information that you use it to find.

"Credible" studies point to the fact that Asians are discriminated against in college admissions in favor of whites.

But you refuse to acknowledge that fact.

Why?

I guess because the conversation is dominated by lefties whinging about past racism, and whites rightly complaining about current discrimination.

NOt sure what you want from me on this. Discrimination against asians does not mean that the discrimination against whites is not happening.

No what we have here is blacks talking accurately about continuing white racism and one white person complaining about a non existent discrimination against whites.

So now we have heard all the excuses about how no one today owned slaves. But what we never seem able to discus is the 100 years after slavery where blacks were denied equal rights ,equal protection under the law, equal access to public accommodations, education, housing and jobs. Many whites here benefitted from things that occurred during this time.

Bring your popcorn. Here comes more lies and excuses.

th

So?

Are you scared to talk about it?

What's to talk about?

No one in my family ever owned slaves. Even if they had, I don't owe their descendants a goddam thing.

Next?

This thread is not about slavery. And all you are doing is showing me just how scared whites are to discuss the years after slavery because they know they benefit today from laws and policies created after slavery ended at the expense of blacks and other non white people.

So now we have heard all the excuses about how no one today owned slaves. But what we never seem able to discus is the 100 years after slavery where blacks were denied equal rights ,equal protection under the law, equal access to public accommodations, education, housing and jobs. Many whites here benefitted from things that occurred during this time.

th

So?

What's to talk about?

No one in my family ever owned slaves. Even if they had, I don't owe their descendants a goddam thing.

Next?

This thread is not about slavery. And all you are doing is showing me just how scared whites are to discuss the years after slavery because they know they benefit today from laws and policies created after slavery ended at the expense of blacks and other non white people.

There is nothing to discuss, as I am not responsible for said laws and policies, and owe no one for any wrongs or inconveniences resulting from said laws and policies.

I am an individual, possessed of a singular individual history. I am not a member of any arbitrary collective based upon criteria devised by you or anyone else, and I do not share in a fantastical collective guilt assigned by you or anyone else.

th

So?

What's to talk about?

Next?

There is nothing to discuss, as I am not responsible for said laws and policies, and owe no one for any wrongs or inconveniences resulting from said laws and policies.

I am an individual, possessed of a singular individual history. I am not a member of any arbitrary collective based upon criteria devised by you or anyone else, and I do not share in a fantastical collective guilt assigned by you or anyone else.

You benefitted from the laws and policies because of your skin color. So there is something to discuss when you say you haven't. The rest of your post is gibberish. We are all individuals but the law applies to all individuals and policies affect all individuals. You share in the responsibility to make the changes necessary to fix the damage that gave your punk ass an advantage.

What's to talk about?

Next?

You benefitted from the laws and policies because of your skin color. So there is something to discuss when you say you haven't. The rest of your post is gibberish. We are all individuals but the law applies to all individuals and policies affect all individuals. You share in the responsibility to make the changes necessary to fix the damage that gave your punk ass an advantage.

Abject junior-high nonsense.

What's to talk about?

Next?

Abject junior-high nonsense.

Yeah that's what your posts have been.

What's to talk about?

Next?

Is this what you really learned in college? I would ask for a refund. So what laws and policies discriminate against blacks today? not in 1965, but today? society has been striving to correct things for some time now, but some would like to continue creating enmity between the races.

It IS the way it is. If there is any discrimination taking place in admissions, every CURRENT study indicates that it is Asian students who are most at risk.

What he is doing is ignoring that glaring fact from the same study from 2004(13 years ago) that he posted, attempting to spin it to look like the admission of literally ANY black student is at the expense of MASSIVE numbers of white students.

It's laughable that he is still on a soapbox about proven BULLSHIT.

Opinion | White Students’ Unfair Advantage in Admissions

As always, I am not responsible for the voices in your head. NONE of the crazy you attribute to me, has anything to actually do with me or anything I said.

Please try again.

If you happened to be an Asian student who was actually being affected by the information in numerous studies out there, including the one you posted, then I might have some empathy, but you trying to ride on the coattails of their challenges relating to fainess in college admissions, does in fact effectively remove the mask from your psychosis.

Carry on.

That Asians are discriminated against even MORE individually does not mean that many more whites are not discriminated against.

It is not credible that you cannot grasp that simple fact, based on the reality that you have the brain power to find your computer on a regular basis.

I have more than one computer, so finding one is not an issue. What matters is the information that you use it to find.

"Credible" studies point to the fact that Asians are discriminated against in college admissions in favor of whites.

Why?

I guess because the conversation is dominated by lefties whinging about past racism, and whites rightly complaining about current discrimination.

NOt sure what you want from me on this. Discrimination against asians does not mean that the discrimination against whites is not happening.

I don't want or expect anything from you.

All that I did was repeat what studies say.

Asians are being discriminated against in favor of whites.

th

So?

What's to talk about?

Next?

because they know they benefit today from laws and policies created after slavery

You never explained how I benefit today from redlining in the past.
Did you forget?
Did you realize your claim was BS?

If blacks get 230 extra points and Asians get 50 points subtracted, how is there no impact?

You can stop trying to use Asians in this disingenuous argument you are trying to make. You racists don't give a flying fuck about Asians or their equal rights. The OP is about how whites have benefitted from laws and policies after slavery. The same motherfucking laws and policies that put Asians in interment camps. There is no anti white discrimination and there is no adverse impact on whites by whatever correll and you are trying to argue. You've been shown that Asians are admitted into Ivy league schools at 3 times the rate of their population so there is no adverse impact there. And the fact remains that there are actually blacks who do score better than Asians and whites on these tests. If anything the 230 points are awarded due to the adverse impact of admission policy on blacks since blacks are admitted at half their rate of the population. about 3 times less than Asians and about 7 to 8 times less than whites.

Actually I do, and what you are saying here is YOU don't give a flying fuck about Asians, so stop projecting.

Nope. That's not what I am saying. I am saying this argument about Asians disingenuous and that's because it is. I bought up how Asians are paid less than white men and have filed more did racial discriminations suits against whites than anyone else and we hear crickets. If you are so concerned with the plihh of Asians then you are concerned about these things. What is going on is that Asians are being used in this argument to try denying the fact of how whites have benefitted the most from modern polices and to try reducing the reality of what blacks have faced.
Point out how exactly whites are being helped by slavery 150 years ago the 360,000 white men died to free the slaves who had never seen a slave in their life. You're throwing abstract statement out, and then being racist by saying this abstract statement applies to ALL of a certain skin color. It's a ridiculous statement, not to mention again, racist. Yes blacks can be very much guilty of racism too, and that's the group I've experienced the most racism from in my life. I don't put that on all blacks because it's just not the case. Asians can also be racist, more towards other Asians, but no group is innocent of racism. No group is entirely or even mostly guilty of racism wether it's on purpose or not. It's just a ridiculous statement to make, and it will get you no where. It also makes you no better than those guilty of racism, soft racism or hard racism, your perputating the cycle. Do it if you want, that's on you for being part of the problem not the solution.

I can do that but this thread is not about slavery. It is about the 100 years after slavery and how laws and policies made during that time befitted whites to include whites living right now. You've not experienced black racism. I know you don't have the intelligence to understand how I can say this, but you haven't. You are the one who is part of the problem because you think you are making sense but your argument is full of inconsistent thinking, is off topic and based upon false equivalences and inaccurate depictions of history..

Whites did not die to fight against slavery but again that is not what the OP was about.
Laws in ONLY THE SOUTHEAST. Blacks didn't just live in the old south. So why is it applied to all? Again point out how specifically whites EVERYWHERE are just reaping the benifits from laws ended around 50 years ago. And racism is racism, whatever color you are. You could make the argument that whites aren't as effected when racism is directed at them, they also don't usually give any power to said racism. You don't have to be black to know what racism feels like, and you're not excused from racism being black. If you want TRUE equality, then what is good for the goose is good for the gaggle, and if we determine what one goose does as bad, then it is bad for the gaggle. That is actual justice, no one is above the law, no one is below the law. Does racism still exist, yes. But you cannot apply it to an entire skin color, with out being racist yourself. You are not being intellectually honest when you do so. There is no collective boot from one group of a skin color keeping another entire skin color down. It's such an over generalization, that the claim is just outrageous. There is a carrot and a stick coming from government, the carrot is dependency, and the stick is withdrawing of that dependency. There's also the problem of a large portion of mellianials who are now adults, being in arrested development in the adolscent mindset, trying to figure out adulthood, but not wanting any of the responsibilities that come with it, always being used to constant guidance, and are usually lost without said guidance. Those two things are a bad recipe. That is not coming from any one skin color. People are responsible for their own actions. More importantly parents are responsible to raise their kids with responsibility. The government cannot do that, the village cannot do that, schools cannot do that, and a politician cannot do that. To blame an entire race, for the plight of a portion of another race, is flat out wrong. The personal decisions that a person makes effects their own life more than anyone else around them can effect it. Which is what makes you wrong on this issue.

Laws in ONLY THE SOUTHEAST. Blacks didn't just live in the old south. So why is it applied to all? Again point out how specifically whites EVERYWHERE are just reaping the benifits from laws ended around 50 years ago. And racism is racism, whatever color you are. You could make the argument that whites aren't as effected when racism is directed at them, they also don't usually give any power to said racism. You don't have to be black to know what racism feels like, and you're not excused from racism being black. If you want TRUE equality, then what is good for the goose is good for the gaggle, and if we determine what one goose does as bad, then it is bad for the gaggle. That is actual justice, no one is above the law, no one is below the law. Does racism still exist, yes. But you cannot apply it to an entire skin color, with out being racist yourself. You are not being intellectually honest when you do so. There is no collective boot from one group of a skin color keeping another entire skin color down. It's such an over generalization, that the claim is just outrageous. There is a carrot and a stick coming from government, the carrot is dependency, and the stick is withdrawing of that dependency. There's also the problem of a large portion of mellianials who are now adults, being in arrested development in the adolscent mindset, trying to figure out adulthood, but not wanting any of the responsibilities that come with it, always being used to constant guidance, and are usually lost without said guidance. Those two things are a bad recipe. That is not coming from any one skin color. People are responsible for their own actions. More importantly parents are responsible to raise their kids with responsibility. The government cannot do that, the village cannot do that, schools cannot do that, and a politician cannot do that. To blame an entire race, for the plight of a portion of another race, is flat out wrong. The personal decisions that a person makes effects their own life more than anyone else around them can effect it. Which is what makes you wrong on this issue.

Standing applause.

1920s–1948: Racially Restrictive Covenants

Racially restrictive covenants refer to contractual agreements that prohibit the purchase, lease, or occupation of a piece of property by a particular group of people, usually African Americans. Racially restrictive covenants were not only mutual agreements between property owners in a neighborhood not to sell to certain people, but were also agreements enforced through the cooperation of real estate boards and neighborhood associations. Racially restrictive covenants became common after 1926 after the U.S. Supreme Court decision, Corrigan v. Buckley, which validated their use.

Now most of you will claim that since these were made illegal om 1948 that you did not benefit. No so fast.

Restrictive Covenants Stubbornly Stay on the Books

By MOTOKO RICH

APRIL 21, 2005

NEALIE PITTS was shopping for a house for her son three years ago when she spotted a for-sale sign in front of a modest brick bungalow here. When she stopped to ask the owner about it, at first she thought she misheard his answer.

"This house is going to be sold to whites only," said the owner, Rufus Matthews, according to court papers filed by Ms. Pitts, who is African-American. "It's not for colored."

Mr. Matthews later testified before the Virginia Fair Housing Board that he believed a clause in his deed prohibited him from selling to a black buyer. A 1944 deed on his property restricts owners from selling to "any person not of the Caucasian race."

Such clauses have been unenforceable for nearly 60 years. But historians who track such things say that thousands of racist deed restrictions, as well as restrictive covenants governing homeowner associations, survive in communities across the country.

This situation happened in 2002.

Such clauses have been unenforceable for nearly 60 years. But historians who track such things say that thousands of racist deed restrictions, as well as restrictive covenants governing homeowner associations, survive in communities across the country.

So in 2005 this was still going on. And whites benefitted from it.

Restrictive Covenants Stubbornly Stay on the Books

Such clauses have been unenforceable for nearly 60 years.

Read your own pastes.

I did dumb ass.

Personally, I think that after slavery, blacks benefitted the most. A thank you would be nice.

Read your own pastes.

I did dumb ass.

And what? some of those things are probably locked into the fine print on some pages, but no one is going to follow them and if they do, they are going to get there ass sued. I'm sure many have been erased where people have taken time to do so, but if they remain, then they remain as a reminder.

Read your own pastes.

I did dumb ass.

What is your point? If the restrictions are unenforceable, while it's unfortunate that they are still there, they aren't actually policy. I thought it was policies you were discussing?

Please try again.

Carry on.

Why?

No what we have here is blacks talking accurately about continuing white racism and one white person complaining about a non existent discrimination against whites.

THe evidence is that white racism has been effectively defeated as a significant force and anti white racism, has risen in it's place.

as per the 230 point sat bonus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back