No One Has Ever Fallen Faster

"And that's who/what caused this shit -- Regulation"

Conservatives Can’t Escape Blame for the Financial Crisis

The onset of the recent financial crisis in late 2007 created an intellectual crisis for conservatives, who had been touting for decades the benefits of a hands-off approach to financial market regulation. As the crisis quickly spiraled out of control, it quickly became apparent that the massive credit bubble of the mid-2000s, followed by the inevitable bust that culminated with the financial markets freeze in the fall of 2008, occurred predominantly among those parts of the financial system that were least regulated, or where regulations existed but were largely unenforced.

Predictably, many conservatives sought to blame the bogeymen they always blamed.

Politics Most Blatant Center for American Progress

"Another form of easing facilitated the rapid rise of mortgages that didn't require borrowers to fully document their incomes. In 2006, these low- or no-doc loans comprised 81 percent of near-prime, 55 percent of jumbo, 50 percent of subprime and 36 percent of prime securitized mortgages."

Q HOLY JESUS! DID YOU JUST PROVE THAT OVER 50 % OF ALL MORTGAGES IN 2006 DIDN'T REQUIRE BORROWERS TO DOCUMENT THEIR INCOME?!?!?!?

A Yes.

Q WHO THE HELL LOANS HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS TO PEOPLE WITHOUT CHECKING THEIR INCOMES?!?!?

A Banks.

Q WHY??!?!!!?!

A Two reasons, greed and Bush's regulators let them.

FACTS on Dubya s great recession US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum
OOOPS!!! Edgetho :redface: you hack :itsok:

The DERANGEMENT of these poor soulless people that continue to post the same garbage, over and over again, thinking that they sway anyone's THINKING ability.... By now most have seen the video I posted of Andy "RUN ME FOR PRESIDENT IN 202!" Cuomo, and his admitting to HIS and the Blow Job Clinton START of all our economic problems. But, fear not, brave viewer, these pond scum shall continue their effort (lack of intellect, for sure! :badgrin:) and will continue to entertain us throughout the day.... You have to bet that THIS is more interesting than reruns of LAW & ORDER!

So, NO you will NOT give me the vid so I can show CONTEXT and why the right ONLY has bullshit. Got it

Of course I won't give YOU the video, I gave it to all that have bothered to read this thread...which either you haven't, or are just plain stupid... I go with both, but #2 is certainly in the lead!

Got it, you 'gave it' with your link that has been repeatedly debunked. Thanks for agreeing

The Bank Regulators went around to Banks threatening them with dire circumstances if they didn't meet their CRA quotas. It gets complicated. More so than your typical "See Jane Run" threads that you like.

And I am not going to bother trying to teach Relativity to a bunch of Rhesus Monkeys.

dimocraps are some stupid motherfuckers.

I mean, drool cup, mouth breathing stupid.

Why do you even participate in threads that require higher brain functions?

Piss off

The DERANGEMENT of these poor soulless people that continue to post the same garbage, over and over again, thinking that they sway anyone's THINKING ability.... By now most have seen the video I posted of Andy "RUN ME FOR PRESIDENT IN 202!" Cuomo, and his admitting to HIS and the Blow Job Clinton START of all our economic problems. But, fear not, brave viewer, these pond scum shall continue their effort (lack of intellect, for sure! :badgrin:) and will continue to entertain us throughout the day.... You have to bet that THIS is more interesting than reruns of LAW & ORDER!

So, NO you will NOT give me the vid so I can show CONTEXT and why the right ONLY has bullshit. Got it

Of course I won't give YOU the video, I gave it to all that have bothered to read this thread...which either you haven't, or are just plain stupid... I go with both, but #2 is certainly in the lead!

Got it, you 'gave it' with your link that has been repeatedly debunked. Thanks for agreeing

How do you debunk his seen video and what he said to questions? But, I'm sure you'll TRY to find a way!

How do you debunk his seen video and what he said to questions? But, I'm sure you'll TRY to find a way!

You mean like CONTEXT like with Barney Franks? lol

The Bank Regulators went around to Banks threatening them with dire circumstances if they didn't meet their CRA quotas. It gets complicated. More so than your typical "See Jane Run" threads that you like.

And I am not going to bother trying to teach Relativity to a bunch of Rhesus Monkeys.

Piss off

Nobody forced the big five investment banks to do what they did; they were not subject to CRA or other regulations common to depository banks. In fact, they mainly bought and sold loans rather than originate them. They did it because they thought they would make money

Given CEOs' proclivity for government bashing, any lenders being driven to write bad loans by the CRA OR ANMY OTHER POLICY would have been on CNBC screaming at the top of their lungs.

But that dog that didn't bark.

The historical "originate and hold" mortgage model was replaced with the "originate and distribute" model. Incentives were such that you could get paid just to originate and sell the mortgages down the pipeline, passing the risk along. The big investment banks simply connected the investors to the originators, helped by the AAA ratings.

Jun 16th 2005

NEVER before have real house prices risen so fast, for so long, in so many countries. Property markets have been frothing from America, Britain and Australia to France, Spain and China. Rising property prices helped to prop up the world economy after the stockmarket bubble burst in 2000. What if the housing boom now turns to bust?

According to estimates by The Economist, the total value of residential property in developed economies rose by more than $30 trillion over the past five years, to over $70 trillion, an increase equivalent to 100% of those countries' combined GDPs. Not only does this dwarf any previous house-price boom, it is larger than the global stockmarket bubble in the late 1990s (an increase over five years of 80% of GDP) or America's stockmarket bubble in the late 1920s (55% of GDP). In other words, it looks like the biggest bubble in history.

The global housing boom In come the waves The Economist

Examining the big lie: How the facts of the economic crisis stack up

The boom and bust was global. Proponents of the Big Lie ignore the worldwide nature of the housing boom and bust.

Nonbank mortgage underwriting exploded from 2001 to 2007, along with the private label securitization market, which eclipsed Fannie and Freddie during the boom.

Private lenders not subject to congressional regulations collapsed lending standards.

Examining the big lie How the facts of the economic crisis stack up The Big Picture

SEE HOW FACTS TRUMP OPINIONS? LOL

"The Bank Regulators went around to Banks threatening them with dire circumstances if they didn't meet their CRA quotas."

From Bush’s President’s Working Group on Financial Markets October 2008

“The Presidents Working Group’s March policy statement acknowledged that turmoil in financial markets clearly was triggered by a dramatic weakening of underwriting standards for U.S. subprime mortgages, beginning in late 2004 and extending into 2007.”

Q Did the Community Reinvestment Act under Carter/Clinton caused it?

A "Since 1995 there has been essentially no change in the basic CRA rules or enforcement process that can be reasonably linked to the subprime lending activity. This fact weakens the link between the CRA and the current crisis since the crisis is rooted in poor performance of mortgage loans made between 2004 and 2007. "

http://www.federalreserve.gov/newsevents/speech/20081203_analysis.pdf

Subprime_mortgage_originations,_1996-2008.GIF

LOL

FACTS on Dubya s great recession US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

We're talking Andy's ADMITTANCE to his connection to STARTING the whole financial collapse, Frank's only enabled it to continue, How about the $11 BILLION that Harold Raines embezzled, at best, wonder where THAT MONEY went from that Black Democrat, who's COLOR protected him from prosecution! Back then, having a PERSON OF COLOR to do the dirty work, was a common DummycRAT trick!

We're talking Andy's ADMITTANCE to his connection to STARTING the whole financial collapse, Frank's only enabled it to continue, How about the $11 BILLION that Harold Raines embezzled, at best, wonder where THAT MONEY went from that Black Democrat, who's COLOR protected him from prosecution! Back then, having a PERSON OF COLOR to do the dirty work, was a common DummycRAT trick!

Got it, YOU will keep pushing false narratives despite evidence to the contrary. Why didn't Dubya go after Raines I wonder? lol

Andy admitted huh? lol

Bush's group says you are full of it

Bush’s President’s Working Group on Financial Markets October 2008

“The Presidents Working Group’s March policy statement acknowledged that turmoil in financial markets clearly was triggered by a dramatic weakening of underwriting standards for U.S. subprime mortgages, beginning in late 2004 and extending into 2007.”

Circular argument based on false premise

Circular argument based on false premise

We are LAUGHING at you...again!:badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin:

Sure Bubba, sure. Says the Klown who will NEVER be honest.

I'll wait patiently for you vid too

:desk::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::desk:

:desk::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::desk:

Vids been posted as I've tolf you numerous times.... BUT NOT as many times as you've posted BULLSHIT that did nothing about Andy Cuomo admitting that he and Blow Job Clinton started the Housing bubble collapse! :321:

:bang3::bang3::bang3::bang3::bang3::bang3::bang3::bang3::bang3::bang3::bang3::bang3::bang3::bang3::bang3::bang3::bang3::bang3::bang3::bang3:

Piss off
Cheerful as always, I see. I would love to be a fly on the wall when you get home at night. I'll bet you kick the dog, rough up the wife and then say something like 'wher's my goddamn dinner woman'.

Vids been posted as I've tolf you numerous times.... BUT NOT as many times as you've posted BULLSHIT that did nothing about Andy Cuomo admitting that he and Blow Job Clinton started the Housing bubble collapse! :321:

:bang3::bang3::bang3::bang3::bang3::bang3::bang3::bang3::bang3::bang3::bang3::bang3::bang3::bang3::bang3::bang3::bang3::bang3::bang3::bang3:

Sure they have Bubba, sure. I believe you, lol

Seems you'd want to prove me a liar and post the vid of Andy saying that? lol

Sure they have Bubba, sure. I believe you, lol

Seems you'd want to prove me a liar and post the vid of Andy saying that? lol

It's a bitch when Andy proves you lie...I didn't have to!:cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

Here's who likes Sarah Palin...what does this tell you?

These people have good hearts, but notice they were hand picked and while there were hundreds in line, only a few made the interviewr's cut. This was a hit job. The interviewer was determined to not showcase a Palin supporter in a good light.

No - the uncut tapes are available - these people are representative of the entire Palin nation. Makes sense doesn't it? You'd have to have shit-for-brains to be "fan" of that stupid women.

You'd have to have shit for brains to vote for Obama and no brains if you voted twice. Sarah is a real American who is speaking for those who can't or are afraid of the arrows you fuckers like to throw at anyone who loves this ?Country and wants to save it.

We couldn't give a shit what you think of her, regardless of the lies you tell on her. It only makes us support her more. God willing, Sarah will be your President or Supreme Court Justice someday. I want to see your head explode all over USMB.

The only way this would be a problem was if Sarah gave a single fuck about what Progressives think of her.

Since her reality shows have failed, selling her books and personal appearance fees are her only income. Progressives are far to smart to buy her idiocy.

Forum List

Back