No Evidence

The crap coming from leftist drones like AOC is more dangerous...

AOC is a complete and total moron.

Has she ever claimed photons are magnetic or have mass?
Or is that too stupid even for her?
LOL

Give it up Todd.. I refuse to discuss relativistic physics with you as you can not even grasp basic concepts.

Who the fuck asked you to discuss anything?

Just admit you don't have a source, because none exists, for your moronic claims.
Then I can stop mocking your moronic claims.
I believe you asked. Right? Or are you back pedaling?

No, I asked him for backup.
Trying to discuss science with him, or you, is pointless.
Yeah, you did. Climate vs science.

Then post it. The fact you didn’t gives credence to his statement! Now that’s Derp

You need me to post his previous comments that CO2 absorbs IR and transfers energy to
other gasses via collision?

Why?

Have you forgotten?

energy transfer via collision is called conduction....not radiation..there is no radiative greenhouse effect because not enough radiation moves through the troposphere to cause any observable effect...then there is the fact that IR can not warm the air...
What he is saying now is that the absorbed IR in CO2 that’s handed off via collisions means IR warms the atmosphere.

What do you think the absorbed IR means to the atmosphere?
If more IR is absorbed does that make the atmosphere warmer, cooler, or the same?
Whether it takes 1 step, 2 steps, 3 steps.....37 steps?
It would be the same temperature as the surface. There’s no warmer . I told you before, you believe IR warms the surface it does not.

It would be the same temperature as the surface.

The atmosphere would warm up to the same temperature as the surface. Excellent!

I told you before, you believe IR warms the surface it does not.

IR warms whatever matter absorbs it.

AOC is a complete and total moron.

Has she ever claimed photons are magnetic or have mass?
Or is that too stupid even for her?
LOL

Give it up Todd.. I refuse to discuss relativistic physics with you as you can not even grasp basic concepts.

Who the fuck asked you to discuss anything?

Just admit you don't have a source, because none exists, for your moronic claims.
Then I can stop mocking your moronic claims.
I believe you asked. Right? Or are you back pedaling?

No, I asked him for backup.
Trying to discuss science with him, or you, is pointless.
Yeah, you did. Climate vs science.

Maybe you can help him out?

You have a source that shows photons are magnetic? That they have mass?
Don't hurt yourself looking...…….

Then post it. The fact you didn’t gives credence to his statement! Now that’s Derp

You need me to post his previous comments that CO2 absorbs IR and transfers energy to

Why?

Have you forgotten?

energy transfer via collision is called conduction....not radiation..there is no radiative greenhouse effect because not enough radiation moves through the troposphere to cause any observable effect...then there is the fact that IR can not warm the air...
What he is saying now is that the absorbed IR in CO2 that’s handed off via collisions means IR warms the atmosphere.

If more IR is absorbed does that make the atmosphere warmer, cooler, or the same?
It would be the same temperature as the surface. There’s no warmer . I told you before, you believe IR warms the surface it does not.

I understand the experiment fine and told you precisely how to invalidate the results...a vent hole in the lid of the jar will result in the temperature of the two jars tracking the same temperature regardless of how much CO2 you put in it

How unsurprising is it that you don't know the difference between a vapor and a gas....never mind the fact that it is called water vapor rather than water gas... you never fail to keep lowering that bar.....do you? Here .....let me help you out...

A gas can not be liquified by pressure alone...a vapor on the other hand can be liquified by pressure alone...gas is a state of matter...vapor is not a state of matter, it is a state of equilibrium between two states of matter...vapor particles may be viewed under a microscope and usually have a definite shape...try viewing gas under a microscope

What a wonderful post!!!!!

A whole new area to consider. The transition between the solid liquid and gas phases of water in the atmosphere.

What is the minimum sized clump of H2O molecules that can be declared liquid or solid? How is the latent heat released? What is the emissivity of the three phases? What is the emissivity of the transition state, the lumpy vapour?

I have discussed a lot of this in the past but there is a lot of meat left on the bones. I think you guys should delve into this topic more thoroughly.

H2O is the only true greenhouse gas as it is the only one capable of actually holding energy... If you have ever flown in a small plane with the window open near clouds on a bright day, the temperature difference is stark and undeniable...it is like passing by a dryer vent....

You couldn't sell your physics at a nursery school.
I have a big surprise for you Shit. Water vapor is a gas.

How unsurprising is it that you don't know the difference between a vapor and a gas....never mind the fact that it is called water vapor rather than water gas... you never fail to keep lowering that bar.....do you? Here .....let me help you out...

A gas can not be liquified by pressure alone...a vapor on the other hand can be liquified by pressure alone...gas is a state of matter...vapor is not a state of matter, it is a state of equilibrium between two states of matter...vapor particles may be viewed under a microscope and usually have a definite shape...try viewing gas under a microscope...

engineer my ass....laughing at you skidmark...always laughing at you.

Water vapor, water vapour or aqueous vapor is the gaseous phase of water. It is one state of water within the hydrosphere. Water vapor can be produced from the evaporation or boiling of liquid water or from the sublimation of ice. Unlike other forms of water, water vapor is invisible.[4] Under typical atmospheric conditions, water vapor is continuously generated by evaporation and removed by condensation. It is less dense than air and triggers convection currents that can lead to clouds.

Being a component of Earth's hydrosphere and hydrologic cycle, it is particularly abundant in Earth's atmosphere where it is also a potent greenhouse gas along with other gases such as carbon dioxide and methane. Use of water vapor, as steam, has been important to humans for cooking and as a major component in energy production and transport systems since the industrial revolution.

Water vapor is a relatively common atmospheric constituent, present even in the solar atmosphere as well as every planet in the Solar System and many astronomical objects including natural satellites, comets and even large asteroids. Likewise the detection of extrasolar water vapor would indicate a similar distribution in other planetary systems. Water vapor is significant in that it can be indirect evidence supporting the presence of extraterrestrial liquid water in the case of some planetary mass objects.
Water vapor - Wikipedia
*************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
You are a pathetic fucking idiot. Water vapor is a gas.

Why?

Have you forgotten?

Yep through conduction and convection and not IR.

Naw, gas does not absorb heat

H2O is the only true greenhouse gas as it is the only one capable of actually holding energy... If you have ever flown in a small plane with the window open near clouds on a bright day, the temperature difference is stark and undeniable...it is like passing by a dryer vent....

So if I sort the gases in the atmosphere, the water vapor will be at ambient temperature, but the nitrogen, oxygen, CO2 and all the rest will be at absolute zero? Care to explain?

Water vapor, water vapour or aqueous vapor is the gaseous phase of water. It is one state of water within the hydrosphere. Water vapor can be produced from the evaporation or boiling of liquid water or from the sublimation of ice. Unlike other forms of water, water vapor is invisible.[4] Under typical atmospheric conditions, water vapor is continuously generated by evaporation and removed by condensation. It is less dense than air and triggers convection currents that can lead to clouds.

You just never get any smarter do you? It says right there that it is the "gaseous phase" of water...it is a state of water...water is not a gas...gaseous is defined as having the characteristics of a gas, but not necessarily being a gas...

Why don't you actually try reading for comprehension once in a while...you might not get your ass handed to you so often..

Alas skidmark....you are the pathetic idiot...your own source said that water vapor is the gaseous state of water...it is not a gas, it has some of the characteristics of a gas and that is all....sorry...you lose again.

So if I sort the gases in the atmosphere, the water vapor will be at ambient temperature, but the nitrogen, oxygen, CO2 and all the rest will be at absolute zero? Care to explain?

Agree against your own straw men...I don't really feel like correcting everything you attribute to me this evening...do feel free to provide a quote from me saying any such thing...failing that, you might apologize for making up statements from me to argue against...

That's the latest epicycle?
IR heats the atmosphere through conduction and convection?

IR bounces off the gas?
Do the "covailent [sic] bonds" repel the IR?

IR bounces off the gas?

That’s your statement!
IR bounces off the gas?

Never said that did I? You love make believe.

You just never get any smarter do you? It says right there that it is the "gaseous phase" of water...it is a state of water...water is not a gas...gaseous is defined as having the characteristics of a gas, but not necessarily being a gas...

Why don't you actually try reading for comprehension once in a while...you might not get your ass handed to you so often..

Alas skidmark....you are the pathetic idiot...your own source said that water vapor is the gaseous state of water...it is not a gas, it has some of the characteristics of a gas and that is all....sorry...you lose again.

Having embarrassingly fucked up it's time for your usual song and dance. Deny, deny, deny. Claiming that water vapor isn't gas (and making up another phase of matter to do so) is right up there with Billy Bob's magnetic photons. But, you're the one with omniscient matter. I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

"What a tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive"

phase_diagram_water.jpg

Chemistry

YOU FUCKING STUPID TROLL

Last edited:

IR bounces off the gas?

That’s your statement!
IR bounces off the gas?

That’s your statement!

Do GHGs absorb IR emitted by the surface of the Earth?
Do those GHGs then transfer some of that energy to other molecules in the atmosphere via conduction?

Never said that did I?

No. That nugget of idiocy belongs to Billy.

IR bounces off the gas?

That’s your statement!
IR bounces off the gas?

That’s your statement!

Do those GHGs then transfer some of that energy to other molecules in the atmosphere via conduction?

Never said that did I?

Most all CO2 collide with O and N molecules. No IR.

How warm do you believe those molecules get?

Why?

Have you forgotten?

How does that make the surface warmer? Still waiting!

IR does not warm what absorbs it, you could post that evidence!

IR bounces off the gas?

That’s your statement!
IR bounces off the gas?

That’s your statement!

Never said that did I?

Some IR hits CO2 and is absorbed, right?

How does that make the surface warmer? Still waiting!

IR does not warm what absorbs it, you could post that evidence!

How does that make the surface warmer?

IR that is absorbed by the surface, warms the surface.

IR does not warm what absorbs it

Why not?

Does it cool matter that absorbs it?

IR bounces off the gas?

That’s your statement!
IR bounces off the gas?

That’s your statement!

Never said that did I?

Some IR hits CO2 and is absorbed, right?
Is it IR after it is?

Forum List

Back