No Evidence

Discussion in 'Environment' started by SSDD, Nov 2, 2018.

1. SSDD

SSDD Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,670
    1. There is not a single piece of observed, measured evidence which supports the AGW hypothesis over natural variability.

2. There is not a single piece of observed, measured evidence which establishes a coherent link between the absorption of infrared radiation by a gas and warming in the atmosphere.

3. The hypothesized warming due to mankind's
    burins of hydrocarbon fuels, which is the foundation of the anthropogenic global warming hypothesis has never been empirically measured, quantified, and then attributed to so called green house gasses.

I have been asking for just a single piece of observed, measured evidence which supports the claims of climate alarmists for decades now and have never received the first piece.

I see alarmists claiming that such evidence exists all the time...sometimes they even post what passes for evidence in their minds like THIS. There is certainly observed, and measured data there, but none of it supports the AGW hypothesis over natural variability, and none of it even begins to establish a coherent relationship between the absorption of infrared radiation by a gas and warming in the atmosphere...those things are certainly assumed in the example linked to, but there certainly is no evidence to support the assumption. And there is no paper there in which the hypothesized warming due to our production of CO2 has been empirically measured, quantified, and then attributed to so called greenhouse gasses. Again, it is assumed, but assumptions based on lose correlation over a very short period of geological time are less than worthless in any scientific examination of an entity as large, variable, and chaotic as the global climate.

So there you go...I have stuck my chin out...I have made 3 very deliberate, and concise statements regarding the state of climate science and the evidence that mankind is having an effect on the global climate.

It is the complete absence of evidence challenging the 3 statements above that explain why I am a skeptic.

Prove me wrong. Don't tell me about the evidence that exists......don't tell me about the evidence you might believe you have produced...Step up to the plate and produce the evidence that I have quite clearly declared does not exist...

And when you can't, ask yourself why it is that you believe what you do regarding man made climate change.

• Winner Winner x 6
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. BlackFlag

BlackFlag Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,198
    This OP demonstrates the willful ignorance that cannot possibly be overcome to offset the acceleration of climate change. Somebody will have to come up with an idea or new technology to address the climate if it becomes necessary.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. SSDD

SSDD Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,670
    Congratulations...you are the first one to step up and produce absolutely nothing with which to support your belief. I doubt that you will be the last....Nice that you also demonstrate the alarmist tendency of name calling in lieu of any actual evidence.

• Funny and Agree!! Funny and Agree!! x 5
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. BlackFlag

BlackFlag Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,198
    What name did I call you? Oops :itsok:

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. Olde Europe

Olde Europe Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,352
    Five years, and counting: SSDD

6. SSDD

SSDD Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,670
    You said that I was willfully ignorant...that is saying that I am ignorant. Now, considering that you can't provide any actual observed, measured evidence to support your belief in man made climate change, and yet still maintain the belief, who, exactly is being willfully ignorant?

I am just asking for observed, measured evidence that supports the claims being made by climate science..that is, after all, what science is all about....gathering actual evidence to support a hypothesis.

It is not my fault that no such evidence exists, and perhaps you should lash out at climate science for not having provided you any evidence with which to slap me down rather than lashing out at me for asking why no such evidence exists.

• Winner Winner x 2
  7. Slade3200

Slade3200 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,567
    Wouldn’t you consider a rapid acceleration of climate change as measured evidence of something significant? At least worthy of concern and analysis?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. SSDD

SSDD Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,670
    If rapid climate change were unusual in the scheme of climate through the history of the earth, yes, it would be a warning sign. It would be a reason to set about gathering observed, measured evidence as to precisely why the climate is suddenly changing at a rapid pace.

Rapid change isn't unusual though. Here are two gold standard (climate science classifications, not mine) temperature reconstructions covering the past 10,000 years. One is from an ice core taken above the arctic circle, the second is from Vostok in Antarctica.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Note that as you look across the graphs, the temperature spikes are reflected in both the arctic and antarctic. Science has been telling us for decades that the arctic regions are the "canary" in the coal mine.

Canary in the Coal Mine: The Arctic as a National Imperative

The Arctic – Our Climate Canary in the Coal Mine – Issues Further Warnings - Oil Change International

Why the Arctic is climate change's canary in the coal mine - William Chapman

Climate science has been telling us that what happens in the Arctic is an early indicator of what is going to happen in the rest of the globe...as you can see in the graphs above, the temperature dips and spikes are reflect in both the arctic ice cores and the antarctic ice cores....a pretty good indication that the climate changes reflected in the arctic were global in nature...what you can also see is that the amount and rate of change those graphs indicate are both more, and faster than anything we have experienced. In one instance 8000 years ago, the change was nearly 4 degrees in less than 300 years....far more and far faster than any climate change we have experienced.

The graphs above show that the change we are experiencing is well within the boundaries of natural variability, and in addition, they show that the global climate at present is considerably cooler than it has been for the vast majority of the past 10,000 years.

Natural variability is a very very wide range...in order to step outside of the range of natural variability, we would need to see global mean temperatures in the neighborhood of 22 degrees C as opposed to the present 14 degrees C or so.

• Winner Winner x 3
  9. Toddsterpatriot

Toddsterpatriot Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22,709
    Why is Sid such a pussy?

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Funny and Agree!! Funny and Agree!! x 1
  10. Billy_Bob

Billy_Bob Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,035
    Please provide evidence (Empirical) of this supposed acceleration.

• Funny Funny x 1