No, Biden Has Not Been a "Complete Disaster"--He Has Done Some Good Things

As the middle class has gotten smaller, has the lower class gotten bigger, smaller or stayed the same as a percentage of the population?

Some of the people who've fallen out of the middle class fell up. Is that what you are getting at?

But most middle class people from Reagan to now have gone from solid middle class to lower middle class.

And boomers throw everything off. Too many of them. They are all millionaires now. now that $1 mill isn't what it used to be.

All you need to know is this

Household wealth swelled at a record pace during the pandemic. From 2019 to 2022, the median net worth of American families jumped 37% to $192,900, after adjusting for inflation. It’s the largest increase ever recorded by the federal Survey of Consumer Finances, released last fall. Surging home values and rising stock ownership fed the surge.

If you’re a 50-something and you’re not worth a cool $1 million, do not despair. Those numbers are averages, and the super-rich drive them waaaay up.

Learn more: Best current CD rates

The “median” American household – picture the middle number in a long list of numbers – achieves a net worth of about $300,000 in the 50-to-59 age range, a far cry from $1 million.

So including our homes, most of us have $300,000. If your home is worth $200K, you only have $100K in savings. That's the real middle.

Some of the people who've fallen out of the middle class fell up. Is that what you are getting at?

But most middle class people from Reagan to now have gone from solid middle class to lower middle class.

And boomers throw everything off. Too many of them. They are all millionaires now. now that $1 mill isn't what it used to be.

All you need to know is this

Household wealth swelled at a record pace during the pandemic. From 2019 to 2022, the median net worth of American families jumped 37% to $192,900, after adjusting for inflation. It’s the largest increase ever recorded by the federal Survey of Consumer Finances, released last fall. Surging home values and rising stock ownership fed the surge.

If you’re a 50-something and you’re not worth a cool $1 million, do not despair. Those numbers are averages, and the super-rich drive them waaaay up.

Learn more: Best current CD rates

The “median” American household – picture the middle number in a long list of numbers – achieves a net worth of about $300,000 in the 50-to-59 age range, a far cry from $1 million.

So including our homes, most of us have $300,000. If your home is worth $200K, you only have $100K in savings. That's the real middle.

As a percentage of the population.

The middle class has gotten smaller.
The lower class has stayed the same/gotten a tiny bit smaller.

Those people had to go somewhere and apparently it wasn't into the lower class. Cry all you want that's just the facts.

Regarding student loan forgiveness (which should really be called transfer of debt) Government/society should use public funds to incentivize behavior/investment/decisions that benefits the whole. It should incentivize what the whole deems to be "good" behavior. You getting a sociology degree and then working at Starbucks as s Barista doesn't fall into any of those categories. If the Government wanted to fund a program to pay for people to get a degree and then be required to be a teacher for X years as payback. Cool. Get an engineering degree and go work at DARPA or a private company on a contract that fills a Government/society need? Cool. Or whatever job/skillset the whole feels it needs to incentivize, lets have that debate, vote on it and get it funded if it passes.

What shouldn't be happening is what's happening now. A bunch of people signed up for a debt, received the service that debt was used to pay for, and now want someone else to pay the debt and the President doesn't even want to debate it in the legislature and have a vote on it. WTF? How can you support that? Just on principle.

Biden has been a colossal bust. If you could have bought 'US puts' the day Biden was sworn in, you'd have enough money today to buy the entire northeastern US. MAGA

Those people had to go somewhere and apparently it wasn't into the lower class. Cry all you want that's just the facts.

Regarding student loan forgiveness (which should really be called transfer of debt) Government/society should use public funds to incentivize behavior/investment/decisions that benefits the whole. It should incentivize what the whole deems to be "good" behavior. You getting a sociology degree and then working at Starbucks as s Barista doesn't fall into any of those categories. If the Government wanted to fund a program to pay for people to get a degree and then be required to be a teacher for X years as payback. Cool. Get an engineering degree and go work at DARPA or a private company on a contract that fills a Government/society need? Cool. Or whatever job/skillset the whole feels it needs to incentivize, lets have that debate, vote on it and get it funded if it passes.

What shouldn't be happening is what's happening now. A bunch of people signed up for a debt, received the service that debt was used to pay for, and now want someone else to pay the debt and the President doesn't even want to debate it in the legislature and have a vote on it. WTF? How can you support that? Just on principle.

Your numbers may be skewed. We aren't having as many kids today. So perhaps the number of poor has gotten smaller with a shrinking population.

And how about all the baby boomers who are now millionaires? BFD. They'll need it. A million isn't what it once was.

Yea, student loan bothers me too.

Wait, so you're saying things are good? You're saying this

So more people have gotten richer? Thanks Biden.

Biden has been a colossal bust. If you could have bought 'US puts' the day Biden was sworn in, you'd have enough money today to buy the entire northeastern US. MAGA

Couch potato says we're doing great

Those people had to go somewhere and apparently it wasn't into the lower class.

So what's he saying? The once poor and middle class moved into the rich category? Sounds good to me.

Your numbers may be skewed. We aren't having as many kids today. So perhaps the number of poor has gotten smaller with a shrinking population.
The population is not shrinking. Also it's as a percentage of the population so it wouldnt matter even if it were.
And how about all the baby boomers who are now millionaires? BFD. They'll need it. A million isn't what it once was.
WTF does that have to do wtih anything?
Yea, student loan bothers me too.
That's not what I said.
Wait, so you're saying things are good? You're saying this

So more people have gotten richer? Thanks Biden.

Yeah it's just happened over the last 3 years dum dum. If you dont want to have a serious conversation just say that.

Are you kidding? Obama waved his magic wand and declassified those documents. Biden falls under Obama's king protection.
Yeah Obiden didn't have the right to even take those documents, let alone share them with his Ghostwriter.

The population is not shrinking. Also it's as a percentage of the population so it wouldnt matter even if it were.

WTF does that have to do wtih anything?

That's not what I said.

Yeah it's just happened over the last 3 years dum dum. If you dont want to have a serious conversation just say that.
I am serious. Are you saying that the middle class is shrinking because more people are getting rich?

I believe more people are slipping into poverty or lower middle class. When I say lower middle I mean poor people who seem middle class because they go into debt to appear middle class. And they have no savings.

In 2022, about 46% of households reported any savings in retirement accounts. Twenty-six percent had saved more than $100,000, and 9% had more than $500,000. These percentages were only somewhat higher for older people.

I am part of the 9%.
74% have saved LESS than $100,000.

Yeah Obiden didn't have the right to even take those documents, let alone share them with his Ghostwriter.
What was in those documents. I bet the stuff Trump had was more dangerous in the wrong hands. Most of Biden's stuff shouldn't have even been classified as top secret.

Not the stuff Trump had. The shit he had was dangerous in the wrong hands and worth a lot to our enemies. That's why Trump had what he had. Duh.

What was in those documents. I bet the stuff Trump had was more dangerous in the wrong hands. Most of Biden's stuff shouldn't have even been classified as top secret.

Not the stuff Trump had. The shit he had was dangerous in the wrong hands and worth a lot to our enemies. That's why Trump had what he had. Duh.
None of what you say matters, Biden had no right to keep the documents at all, and shared classified documents with someone, who was not allowed to see the documents he wasn't allowed to have.

Biden is an embarrassment and, more significantly, a traitor. Just because he opposed the idea of "making America great" didn't give him the greenlight to totally gut our once, great nation. He should be tried; found guilty; and face the firing squad.

None of what you say matters, Biden had no right to keep the documents at all, and shared classified documents with someone, who was not allowed to see the documents he wasn't allowed to have.
Yes he did it was for a class he was teaching at a university. And he gave them back. Trump didn't. Trump lied to the FBI.

AND, Trump made what THEY BOTH DID a felony. Biden did it before Trump made it a felony. So charge Biden with a misdeamenor and Trump with a felony.

Yes he did it was for a class he was teaching at a university. And he gave them back. Trump didn't. Trump lied to the FBI.

AND, Trump made what THEY BOTH DID a felony. Biden did it before Trump made it a felony. So charge Biden with a misdeamenor and Trump with a felony.
No he had absolutely no right to have those documents, he was never President, he didn't give them back until oh shiiite we just stormed trumps house, and we better check to see if sleepy Joe has anything he shouldn't have.

I am serious. Are you saying that the middle class is shrinking because more people are getting rich?
Im not saying it the statistics are.
I believe more people are slipping into poverty or lower middle class. When I say lower middle I mean poor people who seem middle class because they go into debt to appear middle class. And they have no savings.
You can "believe" whatever you want but the numbers don't bear that out.
In 2022, about 46% of households reported any savings in retirement accounts. Twenty-six percent had saved more than $100,000, and 9% had more than $500,000. These percentages were only somewhat higher for older people.

I am part of the 9%.
74% have saved LESS than $100,000.

That's not the metric by which we classify a person as middle, lower or upper class though, so while it might be an interesting statistic it really has no bearing on this conversation.

Not only that but he had a bunch of those TS docs stashed at the Biden Center at U Penn. The Chinese had full access to them, having paid for the building. MAGA

Is that how it works? You get to take classified documents so long as you're "teaching a class" and you give them back once you're found out? LOL.

No he had absolutely no right to have those documents, he was never President, he didn't give them back until oh shiiite we just stormed trumps house, and we better check to see if sleepy Joe has anything he shouldn't have.
If he was working with Obama and Obama don't mind, why do you?

Trump Says He Doesn’t Want Aides to Testify Before Congress​

The president said he hasn’t decided whether he’ll assert executive privilege to block

So Obama wants Biden to have executive privilege like Trump's aides.

Should be their go-to campaign slogan: "Biden - Not a Complete Disaster!"

If he was working with Obama and Obama don't mind, why do you?

Trump Says He Doesn’t Want Aides to Testify Before Congress​

The president said he hasn’t decided whether he’ll assert executive privilege to block

So Obama wants Biden to have executive privilege like Trump's aides.
Trump had the privilege Biden had no such privilege

Forum List

Back