No Apology but Good Thinking

As far as I know, Japan hasn't apologized for starting WWII. From the invasion or China and Asia, the attack on pearl harbor. All the horrors the Japanese caused in their pursuit of their co-prosperity sphere. Bonsai! Hiroshima needs no apology.
So, you don't hold the U.S. to a higher standard than an autocratic, militaristic, fascistic régime? The U.S. is no worse than they is a defense for snuffing out a helpless city or two?
Revealing.

The Japanese Imperialist regime was bent on expansionism, the Japanese imperialist warmongers invaded Asia and China to further their imperialist aims. America cuts petroleum to Japan as a result to stop them, then they see us as their enemy and Japan strikes simultaneously at British, Dutch and French powers. Western powers become threat to the Japanese Empire. Meanwhile, the Imperialist Japanese are committing genocide against the Chinese...Hiroshima is a direct result of their hate and war mongering. It's karma.

So, if Japan had gotten the bomb first, there would have been nothing wrong in nuking L.A. to prevent the 'necessity' of invading?

So, if Japan had gotten the bomb first, there would have been nothing wrong in nuking L.A. to prevent the 'necessity' of invading?

You don't they (or Hitler) wouldn't have? If not you're naive
Your post is a bit difficult to decipher, but it seems you, also, maintain America is correct to use the standards of its loathsome enemies?

Think about it. Japan provoked America's involvement in WWII, Japan was, since the 20's, a truly IMPERIALIST (emperor Hirohito was seen as a GOD). They weren't any better than Nazi Germany. Nazi Germany and Imperial Japan were allies. Japan committed huge numbers of atrocities, just like the Nazis. Hiroshima was sacrificed for Japan's sins.

Your post is a bit difficult to decipher, but it seems you, also, maintain America is correct to use the standards of its loathsome enemies?

I sure do, in fact ISIS,the Taliban etc don't abide by rules of engagement (ROE) we shouldn't be bound by them either if they don't

Think about it. Japan provoked America's involvement in WWII, Japan was, since the 20's, a truly IMPERIALIST (emperor Hirohito was seen as a GOD). They weren't any better than Nazi Germany. Nazi Germany and Imperial Japan were allies. Japan committed huge numbers of atrocities, just like the Nazis. Hiroshima was sacrificed for Japan's sins.
Much thought has indeed gone into it, and there is agreement here on all you wrote up to the 'sacrifice' part.

I sure do, in fact ISIS,the Taliban etc don't abide by rules of engagement (ROE) we shouldn't be bound by them either if they don't
Many posters seen on USMB have expressed vehement disagreement with your relativistic morality.

I'm going to pass. Mostly because I can't stand the asshole and secondly I can't stand hangwringing ceremonies, especially when they completely obscure the reasons why it happened and imply the US was the villain. I've heard that in their memorial museum there is no mention of why.
The typical ignorant conservative.

You admit to not listening to the president’s remarks yet you contrived an idiotic lie anyway – you are truly a stupid rightwing partisan hack.

Much thought has indeed gone into it, and there is agreement here on all you wrote up to the 'sacrifice' part.
Explain, I am listening.

Many posters seen on USMB have expressed vehement disagreement with your relativistic morality.

That would be the left loons, they are of little importance to me. I'm a huge General Patton fan, he once said "the object of war is not to die for his country but to make the other bastard die for his". War is brutal and you use any means available to win. The left moans about the loss of civilian life in the two atomic bombings, the Japanese had absolutely no qualms at killing civilians. China proves that

Explain, I am listening.
Without intending to be too severe, the inference that America offered up two civilian populations as a burnt offering (the original meaning of 'holo(entire)caust(burning)') in order to expiate the sins of Japanese militarists is a horrid thought.

Japan murders in cold blood innocent non combatants in China. The Rape of Nanking. And Unit 731. They bomb Pearl harbor and split hairs about innocence and non combatants and complain how bad war is. Hiroshima was karma for all the crap the Japanese doled out. Too bad. Life is like that.

I'm going to pass. Mostly because I can't stand the asshole and secondly I can't stand hangwringing ceremonies, especially when they completely obscure the reasons why it happened and imply the US was the villain. I've heard that in their memorial museum there is no mention of why.
The typical ignorant conservative.

You admit to not listening to the president’s remarks yet you contrived an idiotic lie anyway – you are truly a stupid rightwing partisan hack.
Two separate things there big guy. That's apparently one too many for you. I am not going to listen to obama, I know what he's all about at this point. Couldn't give a shit less what he has to say. I can't stand these kinds of ceremonies either so wouldn't listen regardless of who represented the US.

And I heard from numerous places the museum doesn't get into the why fors, just that it happened. What exactly did I contrive? DING, your fries are done, better get back to the kitchen.

WTF are you babbling about? Japan invaded the US. The Germans were working hard on it and very definitely would have shared it with Japan, thank God the US beat them to the punch.

Japan murders in cold blood innocent non combatants in China. The Rape of Nanking. And Unit 731. They bomb Pearl harbor and split hairs about innocence and non combatants and complain how bad war is. Hiroshima was karma for all the crap the Japanese doled out. Too bad. Life is like that.
You want to say that to all these chest-beating 'patriots' that are so insistent on remembering 9/11?

Forum List

Back