Debate Now Is the Cultural Paradigm Shifting Along with the Demographic Changes?

Discussion in 'Debate Now - Structured Discussion Forum' started by EvilEyeFleegle, Nov 2, 2017.

1. Asclepias

Asclepias Diamond Member

Top Poster Of Month

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +29,501
    Wow! I say white americans discriminated against Blacks and your answer is that you thought Blacks were just as patriotic in spite of the racism? Whites think in a disjointed, off rhythm, fashion similar to how they dance.

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. jwoodie

jwoodie Gold Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,265
    Wow! I said:
    and your answer is that white americans discriminated against blacks?

P.S. Rhythm is no replacement for ordered thinking.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Asclepias

Asclepias Diamond Member

Top Poster Of Month

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +29,501
    Yes. I disagreed it had very little to do with race and spelled it out for you why you were wrong.

No rhythm = no ordered thinking.

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. EvilEyeFleegle

EvilEyeFleegle Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,055
    Well..this thread went a bit South..no pun intended...LOL!
    Asclepias...your monomaniacal focus on racism..as you see it..is well known--it is logically unsupportable..unless one accepts your premise--that racism was and is the underlying gestalt of the American experience. I do not..mostly because it is historically unsupportable. Racist statements like "Whites think in a disjointed, off rhythm, fashion similar to how they dance.", are as true as "Blacks can't hold a real job and they have no sense of family--they invented 'baby-mama'"--they don't help your case. The language of racism is always ugly..and I have never met, read nor listened to a racist that did not strike me as dumb as dirt within 5 minutes. I find it interesting that both sides of the argument focus of the 'left-behinds' of both cultures..while the successful people of all colors just keep on keepin' on.

BTW..America was NEVER a penal colony--some convicts were transported to some colonies--mostly Georgia and points south. Unless you count Bond-servants--mostly white debtors..and transportees..who were not sent here to serve a sentence, but as a result of running afoul of the law..not hard to do..in England of the time. For a penal colony..see Australia..and see the effects of the colony on the indigenous Black culture.

If I were in a baiting kind of mood..I might ask you just what do you think the future of the black race..that portion that was enslaved in America, would have been..had that never occurred? Do you posit a African utopia..in Africa? To bring it back to demographics...what place would African immigrants hold here..if any? Do you see any positives in the influence of white civilization of black culture...language..literacy...economic empowerment? I see many positives for the White culture..both economically and culturally. Do you admit that the reverse also holds true? There is a cogent argument..ugly, but cogent..that states that the enslavement of a portion of the African race was, in fact, its salvation--that coming through the fires and adapting to some of the cultural practices of the majority has resulted in a strong and vibrant people that would never have existed otherwise.

If our country had ended up more homogeneous..would that have been a positive? For Black people/For White people?

Well..anyway..here we are. An amalgam of cultures and races. To me, race is irrelevant..culture rules.

5. Asclepias

Asclepias Diamond Member

Top Poster Of Month

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +29,501
    Yes the culture will shift significantly. However, since the "values" whites espoused were never their values in the first place I dont understand your point. Whites didnt make up these values. They were stolen from other cultures and paraded as white ideas. What will happen as whites disappear will be the disappearance of their hypocritical lack of adherence to said values and influence.

• Funny Funny x 1
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2018
  6. EvilEyeFleegle

EvilEyeFleegle Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,055
    Just driftin' through and I read the preceding..LOL! I would have liked it if you had replied to my Post #74..but oh well. This is drivel..mostly because you make unsupported assertions such as "they were never their values in the first place"...Huh? Values don't have racial or even cultural progenitors..they have existed..in some form..from the dawn of time.Heck..I'm pretty sure that the bulk of our core values came from the Code of Hammurabi via the Jewish Bible. Equality..racial and sexual..has been posited by philosophers and religious leaders for a while now. I wonder...if you get the irony in the choice of your nic---https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asclepius...a healer God of the Greeks? Of course..if I read you correctly..you will exempt Mediterranean peoples from being "White" --of course..most of them were certainly not "Black" now were they? Was Martin Luther White? John Locke? Thomas Aquinas? Thomas More? Isaac Newton? Isaac Hooke? Thomas Harvey? Voltaire? Rousseau? And on and on and on. I hate to be the one to break it to you..but your revisionist view of history will never really catch on..no matter the demographic shift..because it is not true..simple as that. There are some truths included in your view..that African and African American advances, innovation and contributions have been down-played by our culture--and that needs to be addressed--and at an earlier stage in the educational process..so that all children can internalize them..rather than in college..when the bulk of the populace is not listening. There is no Black history..and there is no White history--there is just history. Those who cherry-pick what they wish..and present it as though it 'proves' something--are the problem..not the solution.

Hey..and what about Post #74?

[​IMG]