Nielsen Racist?

Originally posted by Big D
So NewGuy,
The best black movie in YOUR opinion is The remake of "shaft".

I rest my case, blacks lack creative abillity's.

Actually, I never said that.

The funny part is, you go and mock an entire race's creative ability when you cannot even use proper spelling nor punctuation. How long have you been using a computer, and you STILL don't know how to spell check?

Can someone even name one half way decent black movie?

In order for someone to intelligently and honestly answer this question, 2 terms must be clearly and objectively defined: "half way decent" and "black movie". By what standard do you measure the "decency" of a movie (box office sales, Oscar nominations, etc)? What constitutes a black movie? Must it have at least 1 black actor or must most of the actors be black? Must it have a black writer and/or director and/or producer?

When I say "black" film, the most important part is that the film was written by a black person.

Okay. You stipulated one clearly defined element in a black film. Must it have any black actors?

Your original question seems to me to be very vague and subjective. Without concrete and objective qualifiers, one can simply conclude that there are no half way decent black movies because you don't recognize any black movies as being decent. When one carefully and logically evaluates the question (paying particular attention to the words used) it is easy to identify the unsound and seemingly self-serving nature of the question.

Originally posted by mattskramer
Can someone even name one half way decent black movie?

In order for someone to intelligently and honestly answer this question, 2 terms must be clearly and objectively defined: "half way decent" and "black movie". By what standard do you measure the "decency" of a movie (box office sales, Oscar nominations, etc.). What constitutes a black movie? Must it have at least 1 black actor or must most of the actors be black? Must it have a black writer and/or director and/or producer?

When I say "black" film, the most important part is that the film was written by a black person.

Okay. You stipulated one clearly defined element in a black film. Must it have any black actors?

Your original questions seems to me to be very vague and subjective. Without concrete and objective qualifiers, one can simply conclude that there are no half way decent black movies because you don't recognize any black movies as being decent. When one carefully and logically evaluates the question (paying particular attention to the words used) it is easy to identify the unsound and seemingly self-serving nature of the question.

That was a COMPLETE waste of a post.

He will get to "In order for someone to intelligently", and immediately be in the Bahamas drooling on a beach watching pink jackrabbits dancing while throwing snowballs at midgets.

I would have just told him he needed to get a clue and define terms.

Originally posted by NewGuy
That was a COMPLETE waste of a post.

He will get to "In order for someone to intelligently", and immediately be in the Bahamas drooling on a beach watching pink jackrabbits dancing while throwing snowballs at midgets.

I would have just told him he needed to get a clue and define terms.

I thought about keeping my post short and brief, but then I considered the lack of intelligence exhibited on the board (particularly when it applies to sound logical debate). Therefore I thought that Bid D would need a detailed explanation concerning why his question is so vague.

I thought about keeping my post short and brief, but then I considered the lack of intelligence exhibited on the board (particularly when it applies to sound logical debate). Therefore I thought that Bid D would need a detailed explanation concerning why his question is so vague.

The vocabulary and mentality of those with inferiority complexes and mindsets of racial superiority cannot fathom nor merely comprehend such detailed explanation when analyzing their own ideological perspectives and self expressions.

The quandry exists when they fuel limited logical mental capacity with charged emotional response with hatred and anger in order to justify self and establish identity in a world where competition does not afford them chance to survive.

Ya gotta be simple with simple fellas, slim.

The vocabulary and mentality of those with inferiority complexes and mindsets of racial superiority cannot fathom nor merely comprehend such detailed explanation when analyzing their own ideological perspectives and self expressions.

The quandry exists when they fuel limited logical mental capacity with charged emotional response with hatred and anger in order to justify self and establish identity in a world where competition does not afford them chance to survive.

Ya gotta be simple with simple fellas, slim.

LOL - I see your point. Very good. It was explained very well.

:clap: :clap:

LOL - I see your point. Very good. It was explained very well.

:clap: :clap:

;)

(nobody get any ideas just 'cause I winked at matt)

:cof:

;)

(nobody get any ideas just 'cause I winked at matt)

:cof:

Oh my!! What bizarre, delusional conclusion OCA may draw and what erroneous rummers he may spread!!! But then, who cares what is in his meddlesome and repressive mind? :p:

Actually, I never said that.

The funny part is, you go and mock an entire race's creative ability when you cannot even use proper spelling nor punctuation. How long have you been using a computer, and you STILL don't know how to spell check?

Also New Guy he spelled abilities ability's, I think that is pretty fucking stupid, don't you?

Oh my!! What bizarre, delusional conclusion OCA may draw and what erroneous rummers he may spread!!! But then, who cares what is in his meddlesome and repressive mind? :p:

I often get references to myself like this from people who i've given the debate equal to being pulverized into hamburger by a Louisville slugger. I consider someone going out of their way to make a comment about me in a thread unrelated to me to be an indication of a job well done on my part. This is a considerable statement on my part considering i'm talking about a fence sitter.

Originally posted by OCA
I often get references to myself like this from people who i've given the debate equal to being pulverized into hamburger by a Louisville slugger.

- ROTFLMAO - Oh, that was rich. Keep fantasizing.

I consider someone going out of their way to make a comment about me in a thread unrelated to me to be an indication of a job well done on my part.

Ho my! How pompously egocentric. Look. I made a passing comment about you in a thread in reply to New Guy's comment that "nobody get any ideas just 'cause I winked at matt". Whoopty-do. I'd could just as well make a comment about anyone that comes to mind after reading a post. It is hardly an indication that someone did a good job or a bad job in a debate. I'm not going to search the entire board, but I think that you made an off-the-topic reference to me in a thread or two. Anyway get off your freakin' high-horse and come down to earth.

This is a considerable statement on my part considering i'm talking about a fence sitter.

Sigh. Need I repeat myself -

Fence sitter: One who takes a position of neutrality or indecision, as in a controversial matter.

www.dictionary.com

(1) I have taken positions on controversial matters.

Should people be allowed to gamble - Yes or No? YES
Should people be allowed to be prostitutes - Yes or No? YES

That sure ain't fencesitting. Carry on.

Originally posted by OCA
Hehe confirmation that i'm on the right track, thanks Matts.

Huh? How so?

Oh I forgot, whats a sencesitter?

Do you mean "whats" or "what's"?

Also New Guy he spelled abilities ability's, I think that is pretty fucking stupid, don't you?

Yep. Unless he confesses his simple mistake and corrects it.

Okay. I made the appropriate correction and confession.

Your turn

Guys, guys. Do we need to insult each other over spelling and punctuation? This places is about big ideas, not minor details.

Moral relativism is in and of itself fencesitting. Sorry I didn't make the rules I just abide by them.

If you don't understand that lets put it this way, your reasoning for taking those positions on those two issues is fencesitting.

Secondly please stop hacking up quotes in the way that you do, it makes it impossible to quote you unless you use the frames like others do.

Originally posted by OCA
Moral relativism is in and of itself fencesitting. Sorry I didn't make the rules I just abide by them.

If you don't understand that lets put it this way, your reasoning for taking those positions on those two issues is fencesitting.

Secondly please stop hacking up quotes in the way that you do, it makes it impossible to quote you unless you use the frames like others do.

That "quote" tag is a hard one to master. It's usage is so mysterious. Sorry, matty, couldn't resist!:D

I understand the dictionary definition of fence sitting, but I still don't understand your definition. Please explain it as if I were a 7-year-old.

Also, since you would legalize marijuana but not "hard drugs" aren't you a fence sitter? Please explain.

My reasoning behind my positions on issues is based on my belief that people should be free to do as they please as long as they don't interfere with the freedoms of others.

Well smart guy, who did the movie "Shaft"?

Don't speak out of ignorance, it doesn't prove your point.

Hey tick-turd, talk to me again when you cure that reading comprehension problem of your's. Your little whine has nothing to do with what I stated in my reply.

Forum List

Back