Nick Berg Beheading Shown to San Diego Kids at School

freeandfun1

VIP Member
Feb 14, 2004
OUTRAGEOUS!

While it’s unclear as to why the teachers would show this disturbing video to school age children without parental notification, a reason emerged from a school official in the El Capitan case. The teacher is anti-war, and wanted to use the event to spread an agenda. And worse the unnamed teacher is willing to attempt to shock teenagers into her point of view.
LINK

Right up there with the rest of the left wing agenda that they push. Appalling but unfortunately not surprising.

realistically, these kids should see this. They aren't very far from having to decide whether they should join in this fight against cowardly murderers or not. may not sound decent, but reality isn't always decent. Kinda sucks that the teacher doing it had a private agenda to it instead of the reason it should have been done.

Originally posted by DKSuddeth
realistically, these kids should see this. They aren't very far from having to decide whether they should join in this fight against cowardly murderers or not. may not sound decent, but reality isn't always decent. Kinda sucks that the teacher doing it had a private agenda to it instead of the reason it should have been done.

Frankly, I don't have a problem with them showing the video, but I do when they don't get the parents consent first.

A teacher was fired from a Catholic school for giving extra credit, in his RELIGION class, to student that saw the Passion. But HE REQUIRED THAT THEY GET THEIR PARENTS CONSENT FIRST!

Exactly, you can show it but when the teacher uses it to say that war is wrong and America caused this, then its taken out of context.

Excuse me, but who appointed you guardian to these children? Apparently you seem to think that if some dumbass in academia thinks showing this video is appropriate, then "they know best".

What "sucks", DK, is that once again those who are supposed to teach our children math, science and english take it upon themselves to exceed their scope and authority and to make the decisions which are solely the purview of PARENTS. It doesn't matter what this idiot's agenda might have been, the decision to show this video in school was grossly inappropriate regardless of the motivation for showing it.

This smacks of the Clintonian theory that "it takes a village" to raise a child. That garbage is simply a thinly disguised attempt to supplant parental authority with governmental interference. We need to get control of our corrupt and incompetent system of public education. A good start would be to fire this arrogant teacher and revoke her license.

Wait for the lawsuits. Without a doubt they are coming. Guess who will pay the bill for the settlement. Certainly not the teacher, or any school official, or the NEA. It's coming out of the taxpayer's hides as usual. Teachers can act with impunity because they have no fear of consequences. That HAS to change.

did y'all read the article even?? he didn't show it with an agenda, he let them look at it after discouraging them initially. according to the article, after agreeing that those who wanted to could watch it: "He said: `This is the enemy we're up against and these are the things you don't get to see,"' said Naim Dujak, 17, who added that he watched the beheading."

still maybe not right to do so without parents permission, but I got a very different story out of the article linked than the previous comments indicates others did...

Originally posted by Aquarian
did y'all read the article even?? he didn't show it with an agenda, he let them look at it after discouraging them initially. according to the article, after agreeing that those who wanted to could watch it: "He said: `This is the enemy we're up against and these are the things you don't get to see,"' said Naim Dujak, 17, who added that he watched the beheading."

still maybe not right to do so without parents permission, but I got a very different story out of the article linked than the previous comments indicates others did...

lol, me too.

I could think of worse thing the teacher could have done: smoked pot or drank alcohol with the kids, exposed himself, hit one of them, swore at them even.

As far as what he ACTUALLY did, it's just a step short of what the news shows us everyday. Especially immediately following 9-1-1.

I look at it like he showed them an R-rated horror movie. Not appropriate and worth repremand or punishment of some sort, since they were minors, but not too far off in a time of war. Heck, when I was 15...

did y'all read the article even??

No, I have not seen the original article. I was responding to what I read in this thread. Guess I'll go look for the article later.

But as I stated, it is not the motivation that troubles me, it is the unilateral decision to show something this graphic to children. This action by this teacher represents one of the major systemic problems with the education system today. It seems that academicians keep trying to supplant parental authority with their own.

I am sure that this falls within the guidelines of inappropriate classroom behavior for a teacher, and that he will be censured.

Originally posted by nycflasher
I am sure that this falls within the guidelines of inappropriate classroom behavior for a teacher, and that he will be censured.

him and two other teachers at other school(s), so far. who knows how many are in similar situations across the country, kids should get this at home, anyone with internet can find it if they look hard enough...

merlin- np, pretty sure that was what happened, just like to make sure we're pissed at real things rather than misconceptions or miscommunications :)

Originally posted by dilloduck
Right up there with the rest of the left wing agenda that they push. Appalling but unfortunately not surprising.

There ya go again - Mr Blankie.

My husband is a liberal - he didnt show it to my children. He didnt show it to me. He didnt show it to anyone.

The problem with blanket statements are the people that make them :rolleyes:

Originally posted by KLSuddeth

My husband is a liberal - he didnt show it to my children. He didnt show it to me. He didnt show it to anyone.

DK is a liberal, WHAT THE HELL! Since when?:D

Well, thank you for saying that for me. Starting to sound like a broken record, I was...

Saying stupid things like that make you more of a Dildo than a dilloduck, dilloduck.

Your blanket statements bore me. Say something smart and boost your credibilty rating.
:rolleyes:

EDIT: I would NEVER show that to my kids. This is not a partisan issue. Leave it to some asshole to take an American tragedy and then blame it on the liberals. I suppose it is our fault that he was beheaded, too?

NYC aka Keanu (lol) :D

you are most welcome

And thank you for adding to it something similar to what I was typing a minute ago lol - GMTA :clap:

did y'all read the article even?? he didn't show it with an agenda, he let them look at it after discouraging them initially. . . .

You must be lieing as I even posted a part of the article in the initial post.... here is goes again for you since you seem to be trying to change the facts.....

While it’s unclear as to why the teachers would show this disturbing video to school age children without parental notification, a reason emerged from a school official in the El Capitan case. The teacher is anti-war, and wanted to use the event to spread an agenda. And worse the unnamed teacher is willing to attempt to shock teenagers into her point of view.

Looks like a pretty clear agenda to me. Unless, of course, you are going to say that teacher is lieing.

According to the mother that first reported this, her daughter, who was in the class, has stated that the kids interviewed were not even in the class. The media only interviewed kids that had nothing negative to say about it and those kids were not even present.

I don't like to curse all the time, except for occasional emphasis.

But if there is one thing I cannot stand more than being misquoted or watching some psycho commit ritual murder, it is when people just throw out comments like: "Right up there with the rest of the left wing agenda that they push. Appalling but unfortunately not surprising."

Just fanning the fire instead of offering it something to drink.
Boring. Thoughtless.

So remember, boys and girls, showing a kid the most violent thing to cross the airwaves is not akin to being liberal.

Anymore than getting C's or driving drunk is a pre-req for being President of the United States...doh.

NYC aka Keanu (lol) :D

you are most welcome

And thank you for adding to it something similar to what I was typing a minute ago lol - GMTA :clap:

DK, I'm gonna steal your girl:p:
j/k

still wish I didn't watch that video, but now I know the face of evil (hiding behind a mask like a coward who KNOWS he is WRONG.

Originally posted by Merlin1047
Excuse me, but who appointed you guardian to these children? Apparently you seem to think that if some dumbass in academia thinks showing this video is appropriate, then "they know best".

What "sucks", DK, is that once again those who are supposed to teach our children math, science and english take it upon themselves to exceed their scope and authority and to make the decisions which are solely the purview of PARENTS. It doesn't matter what this idiot's agenda might have been, the decision to show this video in school was grossly inappropriate regardless of the motivation for showing it.

This smacks of the Clintonian theory that "it takes a village" to raise a child. That garbage is simply a thinly disguised attempt to supplant parental authority with governmental interference. We need to get control of our corrupt and incompetent system of public education. A good start would be to fire this arrogant teacher and revoke her license.

Wait for the lawsuits. Without a doubt they are coming. Guess who will pay the bill for the settlement. Certainly not the teacher, or any school official, or the NEA. It's coming out of the taxpayer's hides as usual. Teachers can act with impunity because they have no fear of consequences. That HAS to change.

something vexes you? :confused:

Forum List

Back