Nice Voter Supression Drive Going On In South Carolina

Discussion in 'Politics' started by NATO AIR, Nov 1, 2004.

1. NATO AIR

NATO AIR Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +282
    it sure is nice to spread disinformation to try to prevent black folks from going out there and voting now isn't it?

2. no1tovote4

no1tovote4 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +616
    They hope to get the black vote out to the polls by making them angry about some slight that didn't happen.

This is simple partisan race-baiting on the part of the NAACP. (They wouldn't do that would they? :rolleyes: )

I don't think it will work that well for them. The assumption is lots would have tickets and that they do not pay child support. The NAACP is assuming some stuff it probably shouldn't, and I thought they were all "PC".

Nobody "received" this letter they wrote it to themselves.

3. Old Bowler

Old Bowler Rookie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Many Years ago while Working For the State of Iowa I became Friends with a Nice old republican named Phil. my Friend had been Reading some Books by Gary Allen about conspiracy Theory. while the Information was So intense and persuasive that It was Even Nauseating, it Made me Think and Wonder.

Eventually we Learned that It was Mainly Trash!

Some republican Tactics remind me of the Spurious Writers of the Anti Jewish Protocols Of the Elders of Zion.

4. NATO AIR

NATO AIR Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +282
    really? funny the same thing is happening in wisconsin

http://milwaukee.indymedia.org/images/2004/10/202046.jpg

i guess to believe this kind of thing happens, you have to witness it. i saw it happen in baltimore in 2002, and in florida in 2000. i went to a HBCU where many of the students were given the run around about their voting rights when they tried to register, while their white counterparts at the white college across the way had no such problems.

how i wish the world were as color blind as the military is, but its not. fear and supression are not new phenonomona, in fact they're old and tired dirty tricks.

5. dilloduck

dilloduck Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,403
    Prove this was a republican tactic or recant you claim

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  6. NATO AIR

NATO AIR Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +282
    and please notice i do not accuse the GOP of doing this. this is misguided idiots trying to win the election for their party, not the party directing it and doing it.

ignorance has no exclusive party.

7. freeandfun1

freeandfun1 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +296
    The left is screaming "voter-intimidation" at every turn. I have one question.

Why is asking for a valid ID to prove that whom you say you are is who you really are, voter intimidation?

8. NATO AIR

NATO AIR Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +282
    no problem with the ID but a credit check, 2 IDS, a social security card and a handwriting sample? hell naw

9. dilloduck

dilloduck Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,403
    According to the left, I don't think you have to prove intimidation--you just have to claim it. Apparently they think they have the lawyer advantage and prefer to battle this out in the courts.

10. no1tovote4

no1tovote4 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +616
    That's what makes dirty backwards propaganda like this work so well. I do not say that they don't ever happen just not in this case. It must be just an incredible coincidence that according to the report he has been the only person to "receive" this letter. That could be because he just came up with the idea and wrote it recently.

And once again the assumption is that Blacks have more parking tickets and pay child support less often. To me that is a horrific and disgusting stereotype that has no basis in fact. The "letter" (self-written backward propaganda) is only pointed at blacks because the NAACP says it is, not because this was written by any republican. I need more evidence than the word of this guy.

You shouldn't fall for everything just because it supports a previous opinion or assertion. Attempt an objective look at this report rather than assuming the guy tells the truth because he is part of the NAACP, they are just as prone to politics as any other political organization and would most definitely stoop to this level.