NFL Week 4 Prognostications

They've had a few stars over the Snyder years but haven't really done squat since the Rypien days.

Their problem is largely the New Era NFL... the salary cap, revenue sharing, etc... The franchise is not set up to run well in that environment, and may never be.

I haven't really followed it much in years. It's become a Miss Nancy game with too much officiating, too many commercials.

Thursday Sept 26
Iggles at Pukers --- Pukers at home

Sunday Sept 29
Titans at Falcons --- Falcons at home

Skins at Jints --- Jints at home. Wonder if Skins stick with Keenum or go with rookie after horrendous outing vs Bears?

Chargers at Fish --- Chargers should beat hapless Dolphins even without Gordon.

Raiders at Colts --- Colts at home.

Panthers at Texassans --- Texans at home. Watson for real.

Chefs at Lions --- C'mon man, you really expect me to go with the Lions this time? Chefs on the road.

Browns at Ravens --- Ravens at home.

Pats at Bills --- Pats have pretty much owned the Bills for quite some time. Expect them to win again on the road.

Succaneers at Rams --- Rams at home.

Seachix at Cards --- Seachix on the road.

Vikings at Bears --- Vikings on the road.

Jags at Broncos --- Dunno. Coin toss... Jags on the road.

Cowpies at Saints --- Before Brees went down, I would have gone for the Saints. Now, I think the Cowpies take this game.

Monday Sept 30
Bungles at Steelers --- Guess one of them has to win, right? I'll go with the Bungles.
Titans
Raiders
Browns
Cards
Bears
Broncos
I shouldn’t but lions

You missed a game...........:texflag:
Those were just the games I went against him on. I agree Texas is going to win.

P.S. I just found out Philly beat Green Bay last night. I feel asleep and forgot to see who won this morning.

So Detroit beat the Eagles and the Eagles beat Green Bay. That makes me not fear Green Bay so much. They are only 1/2 game ahead of us now. WOW.
Fly Eagles fly...

Not sure that there is a transitive property of football though.
Green Bay beat New England and eagles. Lions beat eagles. You better believe that gives lions confidence.

Thursday Sept 26
Philadelphia at Green Bay --- I'd have gone with the Packers.

Sunday Sept 29
Tennessee at Atlanta --- Falcons should win, but find a way to lose.

Washington at NY Giants --- Was Daniel Jones's good game a fluke or a sign of things to come?

LA Chargers at Miami --- Anyone but Miami.

Oakland at Indianapolis --- The Gruden era in Oakland is going about as well as I expected :lol:.

Carolina @ Houston --- Kyle Allen has played well, but the Texans are just better at this point.

Kansas City at Detroit --- I'll keep taking KC until someone actually beats them.

Cleveland at Baltimore --- Disappointing year for the Browns. It's been a while since their fans had much in the way of expectations.

New England at Buffalo --- Buffalo is doing just enough to win against bad teams. The Pats are dominating on defense.

Tampa Bay at LA Rams --- Can the Bucs kicking problems get worse?

Seattle at Arizona --- Was getting rid of Rosen all that helpful for the Cards?

Minnesota at Chicago --- Could be the best game this week. Will the Bears be able to slow down Cook?

Jacksonville at Denver --- I kind of expect Jax to win, but I want to see Fangio have some success.

Dallas @ New Orleans --- Dallas should win, but for some reason I think New Orleans surprises again in the second game without Brees.

Monday Sept 30
Cincinnati at Pittsburgh --- Five turnovers and the 49ers still beat the Steelers? I'll go with the Bungles.

Thursday Sept 26

Sunday Sept 29

Skins at Jints --- Jints at home. Wonder if Skins stick with Keenum or go with rookie after horrendous outing vs Bears?

Chefs at Lions --- C'mon man, you really expect me to go with the Lions this time? Chefs on the road.

Pats at Bills --- Pats have pretty much owned the Bills for quite some time. Expect them to win again on the road.

Cowpies at Saints --- Before Brees went down, I would have gone for the Saints. Now, I think the Cowpies take this game.

Monday Sept 30
Bungles at Steelers --- Guess one of them has to win, right? I'll go with the Bungles.
Lions up 3 to zero. It’s early but they’re looking good so far.

Thursday Sept 26

Sunday Sept 29

Monday Sept 30

They had to settle for the FG after getting inside the 10 and Stafford having all kinds of time to throw before taking a sack on 3rd down. Now the Chiefs are driving and the Lions don't look as if they can stop them yet.

Of course, the Chiefs had to settle for a FG attempt after getting into the red zone, and they missed it, so still 3-0. :)

Last edited:
They had to settle for the FG after getting inside the 10 and Stafford having all kinds of time to throw before taking a sack on 3rd down. Now the Chiefs are driving and the Lions don't look as if they can stop them yet.

Of course, the Chiefs had to settle for a FG attempt after getting into the red zone, and they missed it, so still 3-0. :)
What was it you were saying ?:71:
Lions 10 - Chiefs 0

Thursday Sept 26

Sunday Sept 29

Monday Sept 30

10 nothing

Thursday Sept 26
Philadelphia at Green Bay --- I'd have gone with the Packers.

Sunday Sept 29
Tennessee at Atlanta --- Falcons should win, but find a way to lose.

Washington at NY Giants --- Was Daniel Jones's good game a fluke or a sign of things to come?

LA Chargers at Miami --- Anyone but Miami.

Oakland at Indianapolis --- The Gruden era in Oakland is going about as well as I expected :lol:.

Carolina @ Houston --- Kyle Allen has played well, but the Texans are just better at this point.

Kansas City at Detroit --- I'll keep taking KC until someone actually beats them.

Cleveland at Baltimore --- Disappointing year for the Browns. It's been a while since their fans had much in the way of expectations.

New England at Buffalo --- Buffalo is doing just enough to win against bad teams. The Pats are dominating on defense.

Tampa Bay at LA Rams --- Can the Bucs kicking problems get worse?

Seattle at Arizona --- Was getting rid of Rosen all that helpful for the Cards?

Minnesota at Chicago --- Could be the best game this week. Will the Bears be able to slow down Cook?

Jacksonville at Denver --- I kind of expect Jax to win, but I want to see Fangio have some success.

Dallas @ New Orleans --- Dallas should win, but for some reason I think New Orleans surprises again in the second game without Brees.

Monday Sept 30
Cincinnati at Pittsburgh --- Five turnovers and the 49ers still beat the Steelers? I'll go with the Bungles.
Oakland’s got a nice lead.

And kc is off

Thursday Sept 26

Sunday Sept 29

Monday Sept 30
Titans
Raiders
Browns
Cards
Bears
Broncos
I shouldn’t but lions
Raiders browns and lions all up early

Lions 10 - Chiefs 0

10-10 at this point. That's a great score for the Lions, and they have the ball late in the 2nd with a chance to take the lead before halftime. Even if they don't, going into halftime tied with the Chiefs would be a win for the Lions.

Lions 10 - Chiefs 0

10-10 at this point. That's a great score for the Lions, and they have the ball late in the 2nd with a chance to take the lead before halftime. Even if they don't, going into halftime tied with the Chiefs would be a win for the Lions.
We should have eaten up the clock and been up 3 points at the half.

Even if the lions los today, they’re showing me they can hang with the best.

Ouch. Lions go from a go ahead TD to a turnover. I thought the incomplete call was the correct one, but Stafford made a foolish play on the next down, leading to the fumble.
Omg I was just going to brag that we’re going up 7 and we got fucked again.

Ouch. Lions go from a go ahead TD to a turnover. I thought the incomplete call was the correct one, but Stafford made a foolish play on the next down, leading to the fumble.
Omg I was just going to brag that we’re going up 7 and we got fucked again.

Those were both correct calls. On the TD catch, Golladay didn't control the ball. It was moving around. On the fumble, Johnson lost control before his shoulders hit the ground, and the Chiefs player wasn't touched after he recovered.

The Redskins just blew any chance Haskins had to be a franchise player. He won’t last 3 years after this. He shouldn’t have seen the field until next year, at earliest.

Forum List

Back