NFL considers 15 yard penalty for anthem kneeling

We should all express our patriotism by silencing dissent and protest. Got it.

Absolutely right. Because nothing says "Freedom" like dictating that everybody has to adopt a particular body posture (and of course "children--- no talking") under pain of deportation or worse, so they can all sing the magic song about a "land of the free" --- or else.

My country 'tis of thee
Sweet land of forced - PC
Of thee I sing
Land where we don't abide
Sumbitches who won't be tied
To behavior we prescribe
Let Freedom Sting!

Best post of the thread!!!!
basically, plain and simple:
1.they are protesting on the employers' time [ the employers are paying their salaries and for the TV time- [Millions$$$$$] --not the players ..so it is PERFECTLY ''right'' for the employers to say what is allowed or not....how would you like it if you paid Millions $$$ for air time for your employees and someone gave the heil hitler salute/wore nazi shirts/etc? flew a confederate flag?
2. people pay $$$$ for cable/seats/etc to enjoy and watch a game without political/social/protesting
3. it's not like if I or you protested because no one is paying to watch us
5. as I've stated and proven with links/facts in other threads, there is not a major problem of police brutality against blacks
....on the TV shows MASH/Bionic Woman/Columbo/Wagon Train/etc--the actors just couldn't start kneeling, or talking about political/social problems without the owners/producers consent
that's why they are called ''owners'''

The players were trotted out for the national anthem for political reasons. I have no problem with them doing something completely passive to make a point.

Which brings up another point. Nobody paid any attention to the guy kneeling for the first half of the season. Then all the hoopla exploded. Now it is a huge issue, because people ranted and raved about something.

The silver lining of the reactionary response is that it amplifies the protests, makes them even more notable and newsworthy when they happen. Go team!
....this is one of the reasons that Trump got elected-- all the media/black protesting for lies/myths/etc...and it hurts the cause....they are just crying wolf wolf wolf wolf

....this is one of the reasons that Trump got elected-- all the media/black protesting for lies/myths/etc...and it hurts the cause....they are just crying wolf wolf wolf wolf

Maybe they are crying wolf. Maybe all these protests are much ado about nothing. But it's best to silence them anyway. It's the American way!

Absolutely right. Because nothing says "Freedom" like dictating that everybody has to adopt a particular body posture (and of course "children--- no talking") under pain of deportation or worse, so they can all sing the magic song about a "land of the free" --- or else.

My country 'tis of thee
Of thee I sing
To behavior we prescribe
Let Freedom Sting!

1.they are protesting on the employers' time [ the employers are paying their salaries and for the TV time- [Millions$$$$$] --not the players ..so it is PERFECTLY ''right'' for the employers to say what is allowed or not....how would you like it if you paid Millions $$$ for air time for your employees and someone gave the heil hitler salute/wore nazi shirts/etc? flew a confederate flag?
2. people pay $$$$ for cable/seats/etc to enjoy and watch a game without political/social/protesting
5. as I've stated and proven with links/facts in other threads, there is not a major problem of police brutality against blacks
....on the TV shows MASH/Bionic Woman/Columbo/Wagon Train/etc--the actors just couldn't start kneeling, or talking about political/social problems without the owners/producers consent

The players were trotted out for the national anthem for political reasons. I have no problem with them doing something completely passive to make a point.

Which brings up another point. Nobody paid any attention to the guy kneeling for the first half of the season. Then all the hoopla exploded. Now it is a huge issue, because people ranted and raved about something.
that's just it--you can't make your point when someone else is paying for the air time/salary/etc if the someone else does not want you to ......that's not how it works

Apparently you can. Whathisface knelt for half a season without being noticed. Then his opponents provided him with all the publicity he could handle. He probably wasn't going to be playing any more anyway. He was not that good. But now he is an icon.

My country 'tis of thee
Of thee I sing
To behavior we prescribe
Let Freedom Sting!

that's just it--you can't make your point when someone else is paying for the air time/salary/etc if the someone else does not want you to ......that's not how it works

Apparently you can. Whathisface knelt for half a season without being noticed. Then his opponents provided him with all the publicity he could handle. He probably wasn't going to be playing any more anyway. He was not that good. But now he is an icon.
you are not thinking of the overall problem--realistically/etc
...when the fans got fed up with it, and started not watching--then the owners had to to reassess what needed to be done
....it took time for the affects of his kneeling to be recognized

...when the fans got fed up with it, and started not watching--then the owners had to to reassess what needed to be done

I'm not upset with the owners. They're simply responding to the petty insecurities of the fans. The fans are the "weak link" when it comes to fake patriotism.

I am thinking realistically. The delay you speak of is fine. But there was not outcry for half a season. He started kneeling in the pre-season games. The fuss started mid-season. Not the reactions of the owners. The noise from the rightwing radio/news media.

I'm not upset with the owners. They're simply responding to the petty insecurities of the fans. The fans are the "weak link" when it comes to fake patriotism.

Just like the Roman Circuses, the masses can be whipped into a frenzy pretty easily.

Just like the Roman Circuses, the masses can be whipped into a frenzy pretty easily.

Yeah. And we're kind of glossing over Trump's influence in all of this. We have a TV ass clown telling people what patriotism is.

What I find most amusing is the "solution". The original protest had guys kneeling. No movement. Just kneeling. And doing so with a bunch of large guys standing around. Not very noticeable unless you are looking for it. And the anthem is usually accompanied by military displays, fireworks, giant flags ect. So there are huge distractions from the handful of players kneeling. Now, the players will be walking out after the anthem. No flashy distractions. No men standing around blocking views of them. And movement to catch people's eye.

Yep, great solution.

Here is the timeline for Kaep’s kneeling.

All the athletes who joined Kaepernick’s national anthem protest

What I found interesting is that when he wasn’t suited to play, the first two preseason games, no one noticed him and his sitting. The third preseason game he was in uniform and was seated, a PR tweet was sent out, not highlighting Kaep, but the team, however people wanted to know why Kaep was sitting, so it was pretty quick to catch fire.

NFL considers 15-yard penalty for anthem kneeling
ATLANTA — On Tuesday, NFL owners put three hours aside for a privileged session to speak—amongst themselves and family members—about the most sensitive of topics.

Good I hope they do do it, Football has become one of the American all time pass times, it's just one of those Americana things, Patriot etc.

My country 'tis of thee
Of thee I sing
To behavior we prescribe
Let Freedom Sting!

Wrrrrrongo.

This national anthem crapola isn't even ON TV. Until this fake posturing shit was made into a fake story, NFL TV watchers weren't even aware there IS a national anthem played at a football game.

Obviously you don't even watch football, or you would have already known that. Which makes you a hypocrite, parroting scripted whines on command about an event you've never seen, just because you're told to parrot that scripted whining and don't have the balls to figure out why you're being set up to do that. Busted.

And they do watch exactly that, since neither the anthem nor how it's handled, are part of that telecast (see hypocrisy clause above) and in the case of physically attending the game those patrons paid to see a football game, not to be part of a cattle call for a fucking jingo commercial -- during which those who want to are out either stocking up on beer or recycling the beer they already had, so save your hypocritical breath.

For those watching the game on TV it starts with the kickoff -- a/k/a the actual GAME, which is the whole point of watching -- not the jingo commercial. As it should.

Once AGAIN see above.

See also the last 142 times this has already been pointed out before you regurgitated it here expecting different results.

Let us know when you're black and revisit this. You can't "prove" a subjective analysis. You could undermine their point by, say, proving that such incidents do not exist at all. And rotsa ruck with that one.

There's actually a major problem with police brutality against people.

This is about the most bizzaro analogy anybody's tried yet. :cuckoo:

A fucking episode of Wagon Train is in no way anything within smelling distance of resembling an NFL game. But none of those TV shows begin with a fucking jingo commercial either ---- because it would make no sense to do so.

Is that per kneeling player or just an overall penalty?

NFL considers 15-yard penalty for anthem kneeling
ATLANTA — On Tuesday, NFL owners put three hours aside for a privileged session to speak—amongst themselves and family members—about the most sensitive of topics.

Good I hope they do do it, Football has become one of the American all time pass times, it's just one of those Americana things, Patriot etc.

My country 'tis of thee
Of thee I sing
To behavior we prescribe
Let Freedom Sting!

Wrrrrrongo.

This national anthem crapola isn't even ON TV. Until this fake posturing shit was made into a fake story, NFL TV watchers weren't even aware there IS a national anthem played at a football game.

Obviously you don't even watch football, or you would have already known that. Which makes you a hypocrite, parroting scripted whines on command about an event you've never seen, just because you're told to parrot that scripted whining and don't have the balls to figure out why you're being set up to do that. Busted.

I never watch football, because I dont' care about football.

I do care about anti-American assholes disrespecting America and complaining when American disrespects them back.

THAT IS NOT HYPOCRITICAL YOU ASSHOLE.

And they do watch exactly that, since neither the anthem nor how it's handled, are part of that telecast (see hypocrisy clause above) and in the case of physically attending the game those patrons paid to see a football game, not to be part of a cattle call for a fucking jingo commercial -- during which those who want to are out either stocking up on beer or recycling the beer they already had, so save your hypocritical breath.

For those watching the game on TV it starts with the kickoff -- a/k/a the actual GAME, which is the whole point of watching -- not the jingo commercial. As it should.[/QUOTE]

Your spinning the National Anthem as a "jingo commercial" shows that you are an Anti-American.

ANd that is why you are siding with the Anti-American kneelers and the anti-American league.

Once AGAIN see above.

See also the last 142 times this has already been pointed out before you regurgitated it here expecting different results.

Let us know when you're black and revisit this. You can't "prove" a subjective analysis. You could undermine their point by, say, proving that such incidents do not exist at all. And rotsa ruck with that one.

There's actually a major problem with police brutality against people.[/QUOTE]

Skin color is irrelevant to a person's ability to discuss right and wrong. That you want to dismiss his argument because of his skin color is cowardly and racist of you.

This is about the most bizzaro analogy anybody's tried yet. :cuckoo:

A fucking episode of Wagon Train is in no way anything within smelling distance of resembling an NFL game. But none of those TV shows begin with a fucking jingo commercial either ---- because it would make no sense to do so.[/QUOTE]

It is a valid analogy to what you anti-Americans are arguing should be allowed for the kneelers.

Once AGAIN not only is there no such thing as "the fans got fed up with it and started 'not watching'" something they already had never been watching anyway since it's not something that is on TV --- but also you have zero evidence they 'started not watching' for any related causation.

There is evidence of declining NFL TV ratings. Unfortunately for you specious parrots that evidenc goes back several years and it parallels the same trend in baseball, basketball, hockey, college football, NASCAR ..... and TV shows in general of any type whatsoever.

And why is that?

-- Ever heard of "the internet"? "Streaming"? "Netflix"? "Hulu"? Ever heard the expression "cutting the cable"?

Dude, I've been streaming my baseball games over a decade. TV isn't even relevant.

Is that per kneeling player or just an overall penalty?

The 15 yard penalty got put back on the shelf, at least for now. The NFL lost at least 10% advertising revenue last season and money is the driving force. Professional football players overplayed their hand.

:clap2: I hereby pass the crown of "best post of the thread" to this one. EXACTLY. When the emotional mouth-frothing of Mob Mentality shouts down rational thought, somebody has to stand up and state the obvious fact that the emperor has no clothes --- regardless how many sheep want to baaa that he does because they're too chickenshit to acknowledge the obvious. In this case the NFL stood up and proudly declared that it wasn't going to be them caught showing a shred of integrity. Which leaves it up to us in the public.

What I found interesting is that when he wasn’t suited to play, the first two preseason games, no one noticed him and his sitting. The third preseason game he was in uniform and was seated, a PR tweet was sent out, not highlighting Kaep, but the team, however people wanted to know why Kaep was sitting, so it was pretty quick to catch fire.

Thank you. I've been noting this all along. He was simply sitting in silence following his own principles, making no noise about it. Only when some photographer noticed and snapped his picture sitting (nd the photographer by definition of snapping that picture also must have been ignoring the Orders of Almighty State to stand in silence for Almighty Anthem, yet he gets no repercussions) and figure he could milk a fake story out of the gullible, did a fake story get milked out of the gullible.

Ultimately the whole event spoke many more volumes about how easily the sheeple are whipped into an emotional frenzy than it did about football or police brutality.

Thank you. I've been noting this all along. He was simply sitting in silence following his own principles, making no noise about it. Only when some photographer noticed and snapped his picture sitting (nd the photographer by definition of snapping that picture also must have been ignoring the Orders of Almighty State to stand in silence for Almighty Anthem, yet he gets no repercussions) and figure he could milk a fake story out of the gullible, did a fake story get milked out of the gullible.

Ultimately the whole event spoke many more volumes about how easily the sheeple are whipped into an emotional frenzy than it did about football or police brutality.

Francis Scott Key started this mess. John Philip Sousa started the war mess. George Washington Carver started the peanut butter mess.

Forum List

Back