Next President of the USA to announce candadicy July 21st

John Kasich to announce presidential bid July 21 - Mike Allen - POLITICO

John Kasich is entering. Bye Bush and say hello to Kasich.

Most experienced Candidate of them all by far. No contest.
Former House Of reps Congressman for 18 years
Former House budget Chairman to do what no other Budget chairman to ever do construct 4 consecutive balanced budgets in our life time.
Very successful Ohio Gove in the show me state and only true 50/50 state that he beat to claim victory in 2010 over Obama backed Ted strickland and who Obama personally campaigned for in the capital of Columbus OH. In 2014 he won the state Crushing a very formidable democratic candidate by winning over 60% of those vote and by winning the majority vote in heavily democratic districts that obama won by majority margins in 2008.
Private sector CEO experience working for Lehman Brothers.
Has carsima
Doesn't use a teleprompter
Likable
Can resonate to avg Americans when he talks.

When things go south with Bush all his donors we move to John Kasich.

A Kasich/Rubio ticket would give Republicans their best chance, once voters get to know Kasich. The big question for Kasich is whether or not he can get the money he needs to get his campaign rolling.

One of the pitfalls of announcing later than your opponents is that some of the "seed money" has been spent already by the party faithful. Now you're reliant upon the big donors. And while that is fine that those who can drop checks in the six digits are returning your phone calls; a few losses and thos calls are not going to be returned. When that happens, the money dries up quickly.

Kasich's largest advantage is his proximity to Iowa as the first contest. Two of the largest disadvantages is that he is John Kasich who makes dry toast look interesting and that he chose to be a field general on the GOP's war on reproductive rights. When your presumptive opponent in the General election will be the first female to lead a ticket for a major party in a national election, you're screwed.

Women's rights wont be that big of an issue at all in this campaign. Kasich is known as a very huge family man. Due to this he wont have an issue with women no matter what record he has. He's probably the most family oriented man of the entire field even more than Hilary.
Hillary is not running on family values........She's running on women's right to be elected president...

When people look at her they don't see a women. That's not good for her.

I have him on ignore. Kasich is who I was referring to.
Ignore is for wimps. learn to stand up to the worst ones to build character and respect....
i still have it down to Rubio/Cruz/Walker/Kasich at this point. the rest can just throw food at George Steponcrapadopolis during the debates.

Cruz has no shot in hell. They will never vote for him. He's too flaky and doesn't come across as real. He's done.
i originally thought Cruz would win, but i just have this gut feeling its going to be Rubio, like i just mentioned here a minute ago.

Rubio/Kasich is the guaranteed winning ticket. Gets the GOP Florida and Ohio. Election over.
thats what i have been thinking about this weekend, assuming Rubio wins, he will have to choose between Kasich and Walker. i pray he makes the right decision, i like kasich too, rubio should easily take the west as well.

Ignore is for wimps. learn to stand up to the worst ones to build character and respect....
i still have it down to Rubio/Cruz/Walker/Kasich at this point. the rest can just throw food at George Steponcrapadopolis during the debates.

Cruz has no shot in hell. They will never vote for him. He's too flaky and doesn't come across as real. He's done.
i originally thought Cruz would win, but i just have this gut feeling its going to be Rubio, like i just mentioned here a minute ago.

Rubio/Kasich is the guaranteed winning ticket. Gets the GOP Florida and Ohio. Election over.
thats what i have been thinking about this weekend, assuming Rubio wins, he will have to choose between Kasich and Walker. i pray he makes the right decision, i like kasich too, rubio should easily take the west as well.

It will without question be Kasich over Walker. Ohio is that vital. No GOP candidate has EVER won without Ohio. It's the true 50/50 state. Kasich could just as easily be President and Rubio VP. Kasich is way more qualified.

Former House budget Chairman to do what no other Budget chairman to ever do construct 4 consecutive balanced budgets in our life time.
Very successful Ohio Gove in the show me state and only true 50/50 state that he beat to claim victory in 2010 over Obama backed Ted strickland and who Obama personally campaigned for in the capital of Columbus OH. In 2014 he won the state Crushing a very formidable democratic candidate by winning over 60% of those vote and by winning the majority vote in heavily democratic districts that obama won by majority margins in 2008.
Has carsima
Likable

A Kasich/Rubio ticket would give Republicans their best chance, once voters get to know Kasich. The big question for Kasich is whether or not he can get the money he needs to get his campaign rolling.

One of the pitfalls of announcing later than your opponents is that some of the "seed money" has been spent already by the party faithful. Now you're reliant upon the big donors. And while that is fine that those who can drop checks in the six digits are returning your phone calls; a few losses and thos calls are not going to be returned. When that happens, the money dries up quickly.

Kasich's largest advantage is his proximity to Iowa as the first contest. Two of the largest disadvantages is that he is John Kasich who makes dry toast look interesting and that he chose to be a field general on the GOP's war on reproductive rights. When your presumptive opponent in the General election will be the first female to lead a ticket for a major party in a national election, you're screwed.

Women's rights wont be that big of an issue at all in this campaign. Kasich is known as a very huge family man. Due to this he wont have an issue with women no matter what record he has. He's probably the most family oriented man of the entire field even more than Hilary.
Hillary is not running on family values........She's running on women's right to be elected president...

your myopic sexist outlook does nothing for your position..there are more women than men in the USA so buck up Skippy... I can't stand the bitch myself...i didn't care for her husband either, but I lived in Arkansas during their campaign, and the idea then was, vote for him even if you don't like him, just to get him out of the gov's house and out of Arkansas... The guy that took over was convicted of fraud...

your myopic sexist outlook does nothing for your position..there are more women than men in the USA so buck up Skippy... I can't stand the bitch myself...i didn't care for her husband either, but I lived in Arkansas during their campaign, and the idea then was, vote for him even if you don't like him, just to get him out of the gov's house and out of Arkansas... The guy that took over was convicted of fraud...

Most women in the USA look at Hilary as a bitch. She will lose the election for her party and Biden should challenege her and Biden is the GOP worst nightmare.

Has carsima
Likable

Actually, JR is correct. Women's rights in general won't be that large an issue. The uncertainty of the court will be and Roe is one justice away from being overturned. You don't play around with that. Kasich is firmly in the camp of grumpy old white men knowing what is best for American women and he'll get somewhere between 0 and possibly 3 percent of single women. He will need upwards of 15% to win in the swing states. He won't come close to that if Clinton is the opponent.

The DEM base will be fired up like never before coming off of two stellar victories in the Supreme court (actually 4 victories but 2 were landmarks) and the prospect of being able to install the first female President will likely be enough to close the deal. The GOP should worry more about losing the House than not winning the Oval office. Clinton should have some major coat-tails given the enthusiasm.

And every hateful jab the right comes up with will just solidify that enthusiasm even further.

Has carsima
Likable

Actually, JR is correct. Women's rights in general won't be that large an issue. The uncertainty of the court will be and Roe is one justice away from being overturned. You don't play around with that. Kasich is firmly in the camp of grumpy old white men knowing what is best for American women and he'll get somewhere between 0 and possibly 3 percent of single women. He will need upwards of 15% to win in the swing states. He won't come close to that if Clinton is the opponent.

The DEM base will be fired up like never before coming off of two stellar victories in the Supreme court (actually 4 victories but 2 were landmarks) and the prospect of being able to install the first female President will likely be enough to close the deal. The GOP should worry more about losing the House than not winning the Oval office. Clinton should have some major coat-tails given the enthusiasm.

And every hateful jab the right comes up with will just solidify that enthusiasm even further.

People don't realize that Clinton reputation is damaged and right before the 2016 election the house select committee headed by Gowdy will unleash a fury of scandals against Clinton and Benghazi. People don't realize what that committee already has against Hilary and there will be another hearing here she will get grilled all in an election year. Biden is going to wish he entered sooner. You can't hide from a headline saying Clinton secretary of state ordered "stand down" that kill Ambassador Stephens. It will be Clinton instead of Obama, because Obama will protect himself rather than Clinton. We all know that.

Like I said it will not be about women this next election, which means a high turn out for the GOP when it comes to womens votes. Hilary is not a likable women, and women like likable candidates. So I'd expect 15% for the GOP and possibly higher. Add Rubio to the ticket and you get Florida, Latino and the West. Add Kasich and you get the midwest and the must have of Ohio. The Unions are more in favor of Kasich than walker, because he actually worked with them, so their might will not be felt in this election, which is a big blow to the Dems turn out efforts as well as the womens vote.

I see 2016 leading up to the election to highly favor the GOP regardless of who's running, but if it Rubio/Kasich. Just call it in it's a done deal.

Kasich is firmly in the camp of grumpy old white men knowing what is best for American women
yes he knows it is best not to kill your baby and its best to have sex with someone you love so a baby will be loved and have a family, not be killed.

The loveless liberal culture which demands loveless sex and killing the baby that results is at the heart of our failing culture.

He's a Graduate ohio state university. Hardly ivy league. Why do you think he's announcing there? ;)
We was talking about Bush jr.. not HW Bush....

True...Trump has far higher national support in the polls! Cruz has about 3-4%. Down near the bottom.

Sadly, Jeb has the best chance as he's pro-infrastructure, science, r&d and education. People want some government but responsible government.

Cruz is the Fred Thomason of this election.

Has carsima
Likable

She's against the family and believes men should live under bridges and have no say in the family. She's a piece of crap.

The children always come last to greed.

I agree! If we can get Florida and Ohio we have chance.

Rubio VS Sanders should make for an interesting debate, Marco wouldnt even have to speak, he has already won on looks, just as if Sarah Palin debated in a bikini VS Hillary. you think the men would be staring at her face?

We was talking about Bush jr.. not HW Bush....

True...Trump has far higher national support in the polls! Cruz has about 3-4%. Down near the bottom.

Sadly, Jeb has the best chance as he's pro-infrastructure, science, r&d and education. People want some government but responsible government.

how is hillary going to beat up on an hispanic? one little slip up on Rubio, and goodbye hispanic vote.

how is hillary going to beat up on an hispanic? one little slip up on Rubio, and goodbye hispanic vote.
Rubio, the Hispanic raper...??

People don't realize that Clinton reputation is damaged and right before the 2016 election the house select committee headed by Gowdy will unleash a fury of scandals against Clinton and Benghazi. People don't realize what that committee already has against Hilary and there will be another hearing here she will get grilled all in an election year. Biden is going to wish he entered sooner. You can't hide from a headline saying Clinton secretary of state ordered "stand down" that kill Ambassador Stephens. It will be Clinton instead of Obama, because Obama will protect himself rather than Clinton. We all know that.

Like I said it will not be about women this next election, which means a high turn out for the GOP when it comes to womens votes. Hilary is not a likable women, and women like likable candidates. So I'd expect 15% for the GOP and possibly higher. Add Rubio to the ticket and you get Florida, Latino and the West. Add Kasich and you get the midwest and the must have of Ohio. The Unions are more in favor of Kasich than walker, because he actually worked with them, so their might will not be felt in this election, which is a big blow to the Dems turn out efforts as well as the womens vote.

I see 2016 leading up to the election to highly favor the GOP regardless of who's running, but if it Rubio/Kasich. Just call it in it's a done deal.

You are dead wrong, Hillary polls fantastically with women voters.

Also who would've thought that right wingers would fall back on Benghazi. No one who would possibly vote for Hillary anyway cares about Benghazi...it's a dead issue to all but the right wing crazies.

Probably by not calling them "an hispanic" for starters. She will probably choose "a Hispanic" if she wishes to address a Hispanic person.

Also who would've thought that right wingers would fall back on Benghazi. No one who would possibly vote for Hillary anyway cares about Benghazi...it's a dead issue to all but the right wing crazies.

My girlfriend voted for Romney in 2012. She has already stated numerous times that she plans on voting for Hillary. I do believe there are many women out there just like her. I do not think there are many women who voted for Obama in 2012 who will now vote for any of the potential Republican nominees. I really don't think Republicans have a good understanding of how difficult it will be to beat Hillary in 2016.

Has carsima
Likable

She's against the family and believes men should live under bridges and have no say in the family. She's a piece of crap.

The children always come last to greed.

Really Matthew? She's against the family? She believes men should live under bridges? Please come back to planet earth.

My girlfriend voted for Romney in 2012. She has already stated numerous times that she plans on voting for Hillary. I do believe there are many women out there just like her. I do not think there are many women who voted for Obama in 2012 who will now vote for any of the potential Republican nominees. I really don't think Republicans have a good understanding of how difficult it will be to beat Hillary in 2016.

Of course they don't have a good understanding of it, they'll just ignore the polls, brush off the complaints, and live in their bubble world just like they did in 2012 until election day happens and then the bubble will pop and they'll start vilifying Hillary just like Obama. It's practically clockwork at this point.

Forum List

Back