Newtie vs. The First Amendment

Er.... no, they're not...

And thinking that Repub pols are any more moral than Dem pols when this last Congress rubbed our noses in its corruption is kinda goofy. That's why power needs checks and balances.

You know dems claim there was so much corruption. its a shame they never found any, atleast outside the Democrat leadership.

You know dems claim there was so much corruption. its a shame they never found any, atleast outside the Democrat leadership.

That's actually kinda funny... because it's one of the more ridiculous things I've ever heard. Plenty of examples of corruption in both parties. But you guys have it down to a science.

I picked the following site because it commented on corruption in both parties and I particularly liked the site's name. ;)

Oh yeah... and he documents his assertions.

http://www.liberalslikechrist.org/about/gopcorruption.html

That's actually kinda funny... because it's one of the more ridiculous things I've ever heard. Plenty of examples of corruption in both parties. But you guys have it down to a science.

I picked the following site because it commented on corruption in both parties and I particularly liked the site's name. ;)

looking over it, and even if its all true, its not really that impressive.

BTW saying someone is corrupt without any sort of evidence doesnt prove jack.

oh and immorality isnt corruption. not saying its good, but its not corruption.

looking over it, and even if its all true, its not really that impressive.

BTW saying someone is corrupt without any sort of evidence doesnt prove jack.

oh and immorality isnt corruption. not saying its good, but its not corruption.

Maybe... but if you go back to my post, you will notice that the first half of the sentence was "And thinking that Repub pols are any more moral than Dem pols ..... "

The point was, no one can be trusted with unlimited power.

Maybe... but if you go back to my post, you will notice that the first half of the sentence was "And thinking that Repub pols are any more moral than Dem pols ..... "

The point was, no one can be trusted with unlimited power.

Wow---we better make sure that a democrat isn't elected president. The democrats will have entirely too much power for ya.

The information in both of these places are in the hands of third parties. By defition you dont have a reasonable expectation of privacy if its known to third parties.

How is your reading habits, facilitated by a library or book store, known to a third party? Your reading habits in these situations are only known to you and the library/bookstore. Where's the 3rd party?

When you buy an insurance policy isn't your transaction the knowledge of just you and the insurance company? Would you willingly let that information be known to the IRS, an ex-spouse, a bill collector? What if you buy a gun from your neighbor? Is there a third party involved who could violate your privacy?

An intelligence agency isn't going to spy on people that 'the administration' dislikes, they do it from intell gathered by their own people. You have absolutely no idea how anything works in the government.

What about Richard Nixon? Dick Cabot was recently on TV saying that during the course of one year after he said something against Nixon on his old TV show every member of his production staff had their taxes audited by the IRS.

And let’s not forget all of the Republican FBI files that found their way to the Slick White House.

And remember that before Watergate it was legal for the CIA to conduct spying operations against U.S. citizens.

rofl, yea, nothing has changed in the government since the Hoover days!

I didn't say there would never be any wrong doing within the government. Its just dumb to think that its their policy to do such things.

You’re a lunatic to think the government wouldn’t spy on our own citizens if someone in government thinks some political advantage could be gained from it.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10454316

“Is the Pentagon spying on Americans?
Secret database obtained by NBC News tracks ‘suspicious’ domestic groups”

http://www.truthout.org/docs_2005/071805Z.shtml

“Large Volume of FBI Files Alarms US Activist Groups”

http://www.nytimes.com/2003/11/23/n...&en=a08993408fbbadb7&ei=5007&partner=USERLAND

“F.B.I. Scrutinizes Antiwar Rallies”

One thing I'm blown away by is the number of elected people who are child molestors. The "culture of corruption" -- thanks go to liberal Democrats -- has spread everywhere.

Jillian, no matter how much Democrats accuse Republicans of individual corruption, the Republican party is the party that has always promoted higher standards - which is the whole point.

How Democrats treat their child molesters:
http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=21585

Pelosi has promised to clean things up….however, given Democrats past performance, I'm not holding my breath waiting.

One thing I'm blown away by is the number of elected people who are child molestors. The "culture of corruption" -- thanks go to liberal Democrats -- has spread everywhere.

Jillian, no matter how much Democrats accuse Republicans of individual corruption, the Republican party is the party that has always promoted higher standards - which is the whole point.

How Democrats treat their child molesters:
http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=21585

Pelosi has promised to clean things up….however, given Democrats past performance, I'm not holding my breath waiting.

Except that the Republicans gave us Crédit Mobilier, during Grant’s Administration, Teapot Dome during Harding, Watergate during Nixon and Iran-Contra during Reagan. The Republicans have raised institutional scandal to an art form. Democrats are the ones most known for personal corruption, i.e., mistresses (FDR, Kennedy, LBJ and Clinton).

How is your reading habits, facilitated by a library or book store, known to a third party? Your reading habits in these situations are only known to you and the library/bookstore. Where's the 3rd party?

When you buy an insurance policy isn't your transaction the knowledge of just you and the insurance company? Would you willingly let that information be known to the IRS, an ex-spouse, a bill collector? What if you buy a gun from your neighbor? Is there a third party involved who could violate your privacy?

The library and book store are third parties. When you buy a book from a bookstore, unless youve paid in cash, youve left a paper trail with a third party - the book store.

As for the library, the library is run by the freaking government! It may be on the municipal level, but everytime to check out a book you are putting it on a government made account for yourself. Its assinine to claim you somehow have privacy from the government when you are checking it out from a government institution! How do you have a reasonal expectation of privacy in this area?

You don't get it. the fact that the third party IE The company you buy something from, has that knowledge, shows that you have no reasonable expectation of privacy. Why the heck do you think you can make a transaction in the marketplace and yet have some sort of expectation of privacy? The marketplace is the most public area you can get!

The Court has already determined that you dont need a warrant for records kept by a third party. Phone records are the classic example of this. Police can get a list of who you've called and whose called you without any effort. its a traditional way to investigate people. And quite often its used to gather evidence for probable cause for a house search.

Except that the Republicans gave us Crédit Mobilier, during Grant’s Administration, Teapot Dome during Harding, Watergate during Nixon and Iran-Contra during Reagan. The Republicans have raised institutional scandal to an art form. Democrats are the ones most known for personal corruption, i.e., mistresses (FDR, Kennedy, LBJ and Clinton).

Is that corruption or just human nature? Newtie had a few mistresses and served his wife with divorce papers while she was in the hospital recovering from a mastectomy. Daddy Bush had his extra-curricular activities and Eisenhower had his Aide de Camp.

And let's not forget personal corruption like we saw in Foley...

Like I said... it's silly to be selective about the personal morality stuff. Just because the Repubs suck up to the rabid right and pretend Jesus is a republican doesn't make them more moral. It just means they suck up.

The library and book store are third parties. When you buy a book from a bookstore, unless youve paid in cash, youve left a paper trail with a third party - the book store.

You are 1 person the library/bookstore is another person. 1 + 1 = 2. How do you get a third party out of this?

If your counting skills and logic are this flawed, there’s no wonder you don’t fear the government.

You are 1 person the library/bookstore is another person. 1 + 1 = 2. How do you get a third party out of this?

If your counting skills and logic are this flawed, there’s no wonder you don’t fear the government.

If your business transactions are a matter of third party record, why is it the government must get a warrant to seize these records? If the government suspects you of insider trading, why must the government get a warrant to seize any of your records your stock broker may have when the government can demand to know what books you buy or read without a warrant?

If you are Rush Limbaugh and have been doctor shopping to feed your drug habit, why must the government get a warrant or subpoena before your doctors have to give up your medical records? By your reasoning the doctors constitute a third party that has the authority to violate your privacy at will.

BTW: You can buy something without using cash and still hide your identity: fraudulent credit cards, barter, money orders and travelers’ checks (I think). If you go out of your way to hide your identify, aren’t you trying to insure your privacy- meaning you do not intend to willfully give up your privacy to government spying?

Is that corruption or just human nature? Newtie had a few mistresses and served his wife with divorce papers while she was in the hospital recovering from a mastectomy. Daddy Bush had his extra-curricular activities and Eisenhower had his Aide de Camp.

And let's not forget personal corruption like we saw in Foley...

Like I said... it's silly to be selective about the personal morality stuff. Just because the Repubs suck up to the rabid right and pretend Jesus is a republican doesn't make them more moral. It just means they suck up.

All politicians suck up. It's thier job.

Forum List

Back