NEWT poll out. NEWT "on top"

Look at your cohorts tearing someone up and calling them a posuer.

Its your party that has strict guide lines or your dead meat.

No, truthdon'tmattertoyouintheslightest.

It is NOT "my" Party.

(A), ya dipshit, I am a conservative, not a Republican.

(B) it is not the Republicans who seek ideological purity. They are the open tent crowd compared to the DEMANDS you liberal Democrratics put on your dopey candidates for absolute ORTHODOXY. Sen. Lieberman found THAT out.

You are nobody to talk, anyway. If there's one person around this Board with a built in lack of credibility greater than Fakey, it's you.

I wasnt talking to you.

So, you read my post, hit the quote button, responded as though you were responding TO that very post of mine which you were thereby quoting --

but you weren't talking to me.

You do realize what an utter asshole you are, don't you?

Look at your cohorts tearing someone up and calling them a posuer.

Its your party that has strict guide lines or your dead meat.

No, truthdon'tmattertoyouintheslightest.

It is NOT "my" Party.

(A), ya dipshit, I am a conservative, not a Republican.

(B) it is not the Republicans who seek ideological purity. They are the open tent crowd compared to the DEMANDS you liberal Democrratics put on your dopey candidates for absolute ORTHODOXY. Sen. Lieberman found THAT out.

You are nobody to talk, anyway. If there's one person around this Board with a built in lack of credibility greater than Fakey, it's you.

I wasnt talking to you.

"your cohorts" "your party" "your dead meat"

Who were you talking to?

Dear very confused fool, its the right who calls people rinos and demands political purity.
dear completely dishonest moron, the only RINO I know of is Ron Paul, and he and his supporters readily admit it.

You are just going to pretend your party doesnt play the Rino game?

Heres a hint Google Rino and Dino and see which has a larger list.

you are denying reality
most of the people i see that run around screaming RINO... aren't actually republicans, they are people using the republican party as a vehicle to push a conservative agenda. I don't have a lot of problem with that, except when they insist on elevating people like Odonnell and Angle. Not that it matters, because I don't think Castle or whoever the GOP might have nominated other than Angle in NV were going to win anyway.

A Romney vs. Gingrich race will rest on the social values conservatives, who put in GWB twice. It also puts them in a pickle: vote for "non-Christian" or vote for the "immoral one." Interesting. I am voting Romney.

I disagree Jake, because I don't see either of them as immoral or non Christian. As with most conservatives and unlike most liberals, we want the facts, we'll pick who best fits our beliefs, and we'll vote for that person. Liberals vote with their feelings, we vote from knowing the facts.

Social values conservatives overwhelming do not think like you, Pale Rider. They do see Newt as immoral and unChristian, and while they don't like Mitt's Mormonism, they will see him as the better, moral man. These are the folks who picked Bush and McCain. They will pick Mitt before Newt.

I am a social conservative Jake, very conservative, and just like me, I was listening to an interview of someone that was down south asking people how they felt about Newt's past indiscretions, and he said that the overwhelming majority of people don't give a damn about it. It was far to long ago, he's made amends and apologized for it and it's no longer an issue. Everyone has moved on. The man is a good Christian and he'll get the Christian vote. I think he'll stomp a mud hole in the kenyan's head in '12.

He will be the next president.

Last edited:
great.

imagine president newt at an international summit.

imagine he does not get served first. or is not in the first row for the group picture.

then he will shut down the summit.

and he will have hands on nukes. :eek:

I disagree Jake, because I don't see either of them as immoral or non Christian. As with most conservatives and unlike most liberals, we want the facts, we'll pick who best fits our beliefs, and we'll vote for that person. Liberals vote with their feelings, we vote from knowing the facts.

Social values conservatives overwhelming do not think like you, Pale Rider. They do see Newt as immoral and unChristian, and while they don't like Mitt's Mormonism, they will see him as the better, moral man. These are the folks who picked Bush and McCain. They will pick Mitt before Newt.

I am a social conservative Jake, very conservative, and just like me, I was listening to an interview of someone that was down south asking people how they felt about Newt's past indiscretions, and he said that the overwhelming majority of people don't give a damn about it. It was far to long ago, he's made amends and apologized for it and it's no longer an issue. Everyone has moved on. The man is a good Christian and he'll get the Christian vote. I think he'll stomp a mud hole in the kenyan's head in '12.

He will be the next president.

I live in the Deep South, and you are talking full of crap. Folks here despise Newt and his morals. Watch South Carolina, in particular, and then Florida in the votes. No, Newt has not demonstrated his "good" Christian morals, and he most certainly will not get the Christian vote. And when you use terms like "muslim' and "kenyan" for BHO, 95% of America looks at you with "just how stupid are you?" People like you will cause the GOP to lose next fall.

I never thought I'd see that day either.

But listening to Gingrich when he talks about vital issues, I begin to appreciate why Democrats didn't care how scummy Clinton was. Gingrich is just that knowledgeable and that great at articulating his ideas. That could cover a multitude of sins come election day.

No one ever said the President has to be a moral man, or even a nice guy. Some of the best Presidents have been serial womanizers, cheats, or worse. If anything, Jimmy Carter makes the case that maybe nice guys shouldn't be President.

I know I'd been looking for a GOP candidate I thought I could vote for, and Newt was on the short list, along with Romney. I'll be watching to see who the running mate ends up being.

My one reservation about Newt is that as a country, I'd love to see us put the whole Clinton era behind us forever. But at least he himself is not a Clinton.

If Paul does not get the nod I hope he runs indy and kills the GOP's chances. The GOP needs another collapse, you guys didn't learn anything from the last one it seems.

So it would seem. I'd like to see Paul run Libertarian myself.

It's interesting to observe the difference between the national polls and those from Iowa (GOP Hopefuls Tied In Iowa Poll - Kaiser Health News), where Paul has focused his campaigning and punched through the media blackout. When people are actually exposed to the ideas, when they have a chance to hear what he's really all about without national newscorp telling them what to think, they consider him quite 'viable'.

If Paul does not get the nod I hope he runs indy and kills the GOP's chances. The GOP needs another collapse, you guys didn't learn anything from the last one it seems.

It's interesting to observe the difference between the national polls and those from Iowa (GOP Hopefuls Tied In Iowa Poll - Kaiser Health News), where Paul has focused his campaigning and punched through the media blackout. When people are actually exposed to the ideas, when they have a chance to hear what he's really all about without national newscorp telling them what to think, they consider him quite 'viable'.
I'd like to see him do that as well. And no, it isn't just because he would ensure that Obama wins :eusa_hand:. I'd just like to see him put his principles on the line.

great.

imagine president newt at an international summit.

imagine he does not get served first. or is not in the first row for the group picture.

then he will shut down the summit.

and he will have hands on nukes. :eek:
Why do you hate arrogant fucktards with anger issues?

I'd like to see him do that as well. And no, it isn't just because he would ensure that Obama wins :eusa_hand:. I'd just like to see him put his principles on the line.

It's certainly possible. And more likely than in '08. Of course, he maintains he has no plans to do that, but declaring that he will not be seeking reelection to his congressional seat leaves the door open. He has very little need, at this point, of maintaining ties with the Republican establishment.

It's certainly possible. And more likely than in '08. Of course, he maintains he has no plans to do that, but declaring that he will not be seeking reelection to his congressional seat leaves the door open. He has very little need, at this point, of maintaining ties with the Republican establishment.
Exactly. He should go out in a blaze of glory.

I think that because of Principle, he won't. It might have been different had he not sought out the RNC Nomination.

I think that because of Principle, he won't. It might have been different had he not sought out the RNC Nomination.

Which principle?

Being Committed to the Process enough to compete for the Republican Position. We are pretty much a 2 Party System in the General Election. The best time to advance your cause being in the Primary Cycle, not the General Election, where all you end up doing is helping mutual opposition. How does Nader sit with you? How badly did you treat him and how much did you blame him for running Green? Be honest. if you can. ;)

Which principle?

Being Committed to the Process enough to compete for the Republican Position. We are pretty much a 2 Party System in the General Election. The best time to advance your cause being in the Primary Cycle, not the General Election, where all you end up doing is helping mutual opposition.

I don't think Paul is committed to the 'principle' of a two-party system. Like most of his supporters, he's more interested in the health of the nation as a whole than a particular party.

How does Nader sit with you? How badly did you treat him and how much did you blame him for running Green? Be honest. if you can. ;)

In my opinion, Nadar's one of the good guys. I don't necessarily agree with all of his political philosophy but, like Paul, he actually cares about ideas more than his own personal ambitions. I never blamed him for running. I'm glad he did. We need more people like Paul and Nader and less of the phony power-mongers that we end up electing.

Last edited:
I am not a major fan of Newt, but I readily confess he has done a very good job at the debates from what I have witnessed.

The breaking news headline at Drudge links to a poll showing Newt is now on top of the GOP contenders in the polling. Gingrich takes the lead - Public Policy Polling

Mr. Cain has dropped to a close second place, but still dropped and still second.

The amazingly irresponsible and still totally unsubstantiated orchestrated smear campaign against Mr. Cain has, evidently, had some real impact.

Still, if this moment were frozen in place, and the outcome of the GOP race were to be a Cain/Newt or a Newt/Cain tandem, I would be very satisfied.

President Obama's first and ONLY term will come to a very definitive end if the GOP can get its collective shit together.

Forget Ron Paul. FORGET Romney. Forget Perry of course. Forget Bachmann. There's nothing to remember about Huntsman.

CAIN and Newt or Newt and Cain. I can live with that.

But I guaran-fucking-tee you that the lame stream media (official propagandists of the liberal Democrat Parody and Obama Administration) are not done yet.

They are actively trying to pick the GOP candidate. They will now open fire on Newt.

They would prefer Huntsman. But they will "settle" for Romney.

Wait and see. It's a lock. The propagandist media WILL engage in more gutter-sniping. No doubt about it.

The main stream media knows obama is in trouble and there is a good probability of him losing the election.

The liberal media outlets, who are the majority of the media out there, do NOT want Cain or Gingrich as the next president. Both men will govern with conservative values and push said values by bringing them to the american people who, when presented with conservative style values in the way that those 2 present them, will support them.

They want Romney as the canidate just in case. They figure romney is a win-win....he is the least likely to trounce obama in debates and in the election and if by some chance he does beat Obama at least they have a president in Romney that will at times decide the way they prefer on the issues.

Which principle?

Being Committed to the Process enough to compete for the Republican Position. We are pretty much a 2 Party System in the General Election. The best time to advance your cause being in the Primary Cycle, not the General Election, where all you end up doing is helping mutual opposition.

I don't think Paul is committed to the 'principle' of a two-party system. Like most of his supporters, he's more interested in the health of the nation as a whole than a particular party.

How does Nader sit with you? How badly did you treat him and how much did you blame him for running Green? Be honest. if you can. ;)

In my opinion, Nadar's one of the good guys. I don't necessarily agree with all of his political philosophy but, like Paul, he actually cares about ideas more than his own personal ambitions. I never blamed him for anything. We need more people like Paul and Nader and less of the phony power-mongers that we end up electing.

I don't see him as breaking off at this point. Only time will tell. From my perspective, no one running for the Republican slot, should be breaking off, if they lose. You should be running Independent from the start.

I've supported Nader in the Past. I respect him. If I was Pres, I'd want him in my Administration.

I don't see him as breaking off at this point. Only time will tell. From my perspective, no one running for the Republican slot, should be breaking off, if they lose. You should be running Independent from the start.

I'm not sure why. Especially when we look at the policies the entrenched parties have implemented to ensure their dominance. As far as I'm concerned anything we can do to bust up their lock on things is worthwhile.

I'm not sure why. Especially when we look at the policies the entrenched parties have implemented to ensure their dominance. As far as I'm concerned anything we can do to bust up their lock on things is worthwhile.

If any one of the republican canidates, for example Ron Paul, decides to run as an independant we will have 4 more years of Obama if the nation's attitude next november is at all similar to today's polling.

Forum List

Back