NEWT poll out. NEWT "on top"

I don't see him as breaking off at this point. Only time will tell. From my perspective, no one running for the Republican slot, should be breaking off, if they lose. You should be running Independent from the start.

I'm not sure why. Especially when we look at the policies the entrenched parties have implemented to ensure their dominance. As far as I'm concerned anything we can do to bust up their lock on things is worthwhile.

If any one of the republican canidates, for example Ron Paul, decides to run as an independant we will have 4 more years of Obama if the nation's attitude next november is at all similar to today's polling.

So right you are. What amazes me is the vitriol Paul supporters have toward Conservatives in general. I've read several responses on here making the remark that they will never vote for anyone but Paul and work to make certain the republican candidacy fails. I don't understand this type of attitude? It honestly makes you wonder who these people really are.

If any one of the republican canidates, for example Ron Paul, decides to run as an independant we will have 4 more years of Obama if the nation's attitude next november is at all similar to today's polling.

Ok.

Seriously, if the only way we can remove Obama is to replace him with someone just as phony, just as power-hungry, just as bought-and-paid-for as he is - I see no point. Why go through the charade of redecorating the White House if all we're going to do is elect someone who's no different??

I don't understand this type of attitude? It honestly makes you wonder who these people really are.

We 'really are' people who've come to recognize that the leadership of the Democrats and Republicans want exactly the same thing - power. They'll say anything and do anything to get it. The sooner we dislodge them, the better.

Ok.

Seriously, if the only way we can remove Obama is to replace him with someone just as phony, just as power-hungry, just as bought-and-paid-for as he is - I see no point. Why go through the charade of redecorating the White House if all we're going to do is elect someone who's no different??

Why is it that ONLY Paul is not a phoney?? Where did that come from? He's a complete hypocrite on earmarks .. this is a fair read on Ron Paul:

The Case Against Ron Paul - News/Talk 790 KFYO

I support Newt... but I will support whomever our nominee is.. This country cannot withstand another 4 years of Barry..

Last edited:

Ok.

Well at least Newt has shown, with his record, he is capable of cutting back entitlement programs...that is very different from the "Status quo" of both parties today.

Why is it that ONLY Paul is not a phoney?? Where did that come from?

Experience and judgment, I suppose. I've been following politics for a long time and I've seen what the other bozos do. Paul's not the only decent choice. There are others, but they are even more marginalized than he is.

Experience and judgment, I suppose. I've been following politics for a long time and I've seen what the other bozos do. Paul's not the only decent choice. There are others, but they are even more marginalized than he is.

Why is Ron Paul held up as being genuine when he's lied about and pushed earmarks?? Why is it you and other Paul supporters bash any conservative candidate for their flip-flops but won't hold Ron Paul accountable as well??? Hypocrisy.. I don't think we're ever going to find the "perfect" candidate without faults and having made mistakes.. unlike the Paul supporters who demand perfection and crucify anyone who isn't Ron Paul.. it's ridiculous and only hurts your cause. Get the hell over it already and stop being a bunch of damn hypocrites. I've heard it stated hundreds of times.. Ron Paul's biggest deficit is his supporters.

Why is Ron Paul held up as being genuine when he's lied about and pushed earmarks?? Why is it you and other Paul supporters bash any conservative candidate for their flip-flops but won't hold Ron Paul accountable as well???

Because, that claim is utter bullshit. It's an example of how the modern media can't handle subtlety and reason. Paul is opposed to the practice of earmarks and he votes against bills that contain them. But to ignore that earmarks do happen, and represent real redistribution of income would be to betray his constituents. So, he plays the earmark game as bills are written, but then votes against them. The hope is that these bills won't pass at all - but if they do, he's ensuring that the people he represents are treated fairly. Is that really so hard to understand?

... I don't think we're ever going to find the "perfect" candidate without faults and having made mistakes.

Absolutely. And Paul is far, far from perfect. But whereas I might disagree with 20% of what Ron Paul says - I disagree with 80% of what the commercial candidates propose. So there's really no comparison.

Why is Ron Paul held up as being genuine when he's lied about and pushed earmarks?? Why is it you and other Paul supporters bash any conservative candidate for their flip-flops but won't hold Ron Paul accountable as well???

Because, that claim is utter bullshit. It's an example of how the modern media can't handle subtlety and reason. Paul is opposed to the practice of earmarks and he votes against bills that contain them. But to ignore that earmarks do happen, and represent real redistribution of income would be to betray his constituents. So, he plays the earmark game as bills are written, but then votes against them. The hope is that these bills won't pass at all - but if they do, he's ensuring that the people he represents are treated fairly. Is that really so hard to understand?

... I don't think we're ever going to find the "perfect" candidate without faults and having made mistakes.

Absolutely. And Paul is far, far from perfect. But whereas I might disagree with 20% of what Ron Paul says - I disagree with 80% of what the commercial candidates propose. So there's really no comparison.

I'm done arguing with you or any Paul supporter.. you're all as zombied out as liberals in regard to their hero Barry.. I know what Newt has done.. I don't try to hide the fact that he cheated on his wife, nor would I.. I know he's made some mistakes on policy.. but HE ADMITS IT and has learned from those mistakes.. that's called WISDOM.. GET IT??

Newt may well be what we have to resort to if Romney fails, and if so, let's pray, because Newt sure won't be.

Social values conservatives overwhelming do not think like you, Pale Rider. They do see Newt as immoral and unChristian, and while they don't like Mitt's Mormonism, they will see him as the better, moral man. These are the folks who picked Bush and McCain. They will pick Mitt before Newt.

I am a social conservative Jake, very conservative, and just like me, I was listening to an interview of someone that was down south asking people how they felt about Newt's past indiscretions, and he said that the overwhelming majority of people don't give a damn about it. It was far to long ago, he's made amends and apologized for it and it's no longer an issue. Everyone has moved on. The man is a good Christian and he'll get the Christian vote. I think he'll stomp a mud hole in the kenyan's head in '12.

He will be the next president.

I live in the Deep South, and you are talking full of crap. Folks here despise Newt and his morals. Watch South Carolina, in particular, and then Florida in the votes. No, Newt has not demonstrated his "good" Christian morals, and he most certainly will not get the Christian vote. And when you use terms like "muslim' and "kenyan" for BHO, 95% of America looks at you with "just how stupid are you?" People like you will cause the GOP to lose next fall.
LOL... yeah, the deep south of massachusettes...

It's funny that you think the religious right in the south will vote for a massachusettes moderate mormon. I personally don't give a shit about his religion, but I've lived here long enough to know what the uber religious zealots think about "cults". Folks in a lot of places support Newt. Places like CA where the latest poll shows him with a ten point lead over Romney, places like MS where he also has a lead, in fact, Romney has a lead (statistical tie actually) in a couple polls in SC and is losing big in others.

I'm done arguing with you or any Paul supporter.. you're all as zombied out as liberals in regard to their hero Barry...

Nah, that's a copout. I'd actually rather see Gary Johnson get the nomination. Ron Paul's merely the best of a pretty sorry lot.

You really don't need to check a poll to see who is leading.
Just follow the news and or political cable talk shows.
You can tell who is leading by the number of stories that the Meeker Brzezinski's of the world have out there designed to tear that contender up.

I will give Ron Paul credit for being consistant in his message, values, and attitude over the years.

I dont dislike Ron Paul at all I just don't see him as a good president, sorta like how I view Bachmann...i like her well enough she just doesn't have the presidential aura.

I will give Ron Paul credit for being consistant in his message, values, and attitude over the years.

I dont dislike Ron Paul at all I just don't see him as a good president, sorta like how I view Bachmann...i like her well enough she just doesn't have the presidential aura.

I don't like Michelle Bachmann or Rick Santorum.. Both are annoying.

I think they need some cheeze.....to go with their Whine ;) :D

Where is Newt on Mandates again?

Me thinks he has some splaining to do. ;)

He was a bit too cozy with Hillary and Nancy P back in the day.

I'm just curious.

I think he would be a fantastic Secretary of State. Quarterback??? Where is he on the New World Order again???

I think they need some cheeze.....to go with their Whine ;) :D

:eusa_whistle: *whispers* xactly..

I am a social conservative Jake, very conservative, and just like me, I was listening to an interview of someone that was down south asking people how they felt about Newt's past indiscretions, and he said that the overwhelming majority of people don't give a damn about it. It was far to long ago, he's made amends and apologized for it and it's no longer an issue. Everyone has moved on. The man is a good Christian and he'll get the Christian vote. I think he'll stomp a mud hole in the kenyan's head in '12.

He will be the next president.

I live in the Deep South, and you are talking full of crap. Folks here despise Newt and his morals. Watch South Carolina, in particular, and then Florida in the votes. No, Newt has not demonstrated his "good" Christian morals, and he most certainly will not get the Christian vote. And when you use terms like "muslim' and "kenyan" for BHO, 95% of America looks at you with "just how stupid are you?" People like you will cause the GOP to lose next fall.
LOL... yeah, the deep south of massachusettes...

It's funny that you think the religious right in the south will vote for a massachusettes moderate mormon. I personally don't give a shit about his religion, but I've lived here long enough to know what the uber religious zealots think about "cults". Folks in a lot of places support Newt. Places like CA where the latest poll shows him with a ten point lead over Romney, places like MS where he also has a lead, in fact, Romney has a lead (statistical tie actually) in a couple polls in SC and is losing big in others.

You are simply wack. My business interests run from the western panhandle of Florida into the pinies of East Texas. The evangelicals are unhappy with Romney, but may vote for him, whereas down here they will not vote for Newt.

And don't talk about Cali or Mass or other areas that don't matter now. Talk again after NH, SC, and FL, and we will see you talking out of the other side of your mouth.

An aside: I was astounded that Newt wants Glass-Steagal reinstated. Wow! I bet you support that.

Forum List

Back