NEWT poll out. NEWT "on top"

I still think Paul has the best chance to beat Obama... Paul has real appeal to the independents and Democrats, no other candidate on the Republican side has that, a few have none.

Ron Paul has no chance of any kind whatsoever.

He cannot win the GOP nod. Thus, unless he goes indy, he won't be pulling any Dem or Indy votes in the actual race. Non candidates don't pull indy or Dem votes, you see.

And if the son of a bitch DOES go indy, he will serve primarily to split the votes otherwise leaning toward the GOP (non-Obama) candidate.

That might get President Obama RE-Elected, but it will never serve to get Ron Paul elected.

No chance at all for Ron Paul.

Thankfully.

If Paul does not get the nod I hope he runs indy and kills the GOP's chances. The GOP needs another collapse, you guys didn't learn anything from the last one it seems.

well if he does that he'll prove he didn't put country first.. and neither dew ewe.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVml1MQwKMs]Gingrich Vs. Liberal Debate Moderator On Rules Of War - YouTube[/ame]

Zander, grow up, please, and think straight instead of cross-wise. The social values conservatives are pissed with Newt and while not happy with Mitt, not as irked with him as they are with Newt. Mitt can appeal to most GOP and a good number of the middle and some of the left. Newt can't do that.

Newt will do fairly well against Obama, depending on his running mate. People look back to the years of Newt and Clinton as being rancorous, but also prosperous. Plus, at this point Newt's dirty laundry has been pretty well laid out. Not much in the way of new surprises there, and anything you try to pin on him will get a *yawn*.

If Newt picks Rubio or Jindal, he'll stand a pretty good chance of beating Obama.

Newt has a chance (less than Romney) of beating the Obama. Romney can, in my opinion. Newt has the perry-like ability to blow up his environment by opening his mouth.

Obama would love nothing more then for Gingrich to be the nominee – Gingrich won’t get a single democratic vote, and a good number of moderates and independents won’t vote for him as well.
And Obama won't get a single Republican vote, and a majority of independents and moderates won't vote for him.

Maybe you guys should run kookcinich?

I still think Paul has the best chance to beat Obama... Paul has real appeal to the independents and Democrats, no other candidate on the Republican side has that, a few have none.

I don't see where he appeals to Democrats. His philosophy runs counter to modern Democratic thinking. Sure, he may interest a few with anti-war statements, shooting and drug, but his libertarian stances will kill him in the end.

Democrats will never forget his impeachment Clinton, and no one will ever forget his failed "Contract on America":eek:
I had no idea that doing everything you promised to do was a failure of any kind.

And who givbes a shit what democratics will never forget, they won't be voting for any GOP candidate no matter who it is.

Zander, grow up, please, and think straight instead of cross-wise. The social values conservatives are pissed with Newt and while not happy with Mitt, not as irked with him as they are with Newt. Mitt can appeal to most GOP and a good number of the middle and some of the left. Newt can't do that.
Jokey wake up, the facvt that Mitt can appeal to the leftists like you is why he will never be the GOP nominee.

He will be the next president.

A Romney vs. Gingrich race will rest on the social values conservatives, who put in GWB twice. It also puts them in a pickle: vote for "non-Christian" or vote for the "immoral one." Interesting. I am voting Romney.

I disagree Jake, because I don't see either of them as immoral or non Christian. As with most conservatives and unlike most liberals, we want the facts, we'll pick who best fits our beliefs, and we'll vote for that person. Liberals vote with their feelings, we vote from knowing the facts.

The bottom of the GOP barrel appears to be bottomless.

I never thought I would see the day when conservative evangelicals would seriously consider voting for serial wife-cheater and dumper Newt G. I guess their dislike of Mitt 'Mormon' Romney is greater than their revulsion of Newt 'my-passion-for-my-country-was-the-reason-why-I-cheated-on-my-wife' Gingrich.
"There's no question at times of my life, partially driven by how passionately I felt about this country, that I worked far too hard and things happened in my life that were not appropriate," said Gingrich...

44 - Newt Gingrich: 'Passion for the country' led to personal indiscretions (video)

The bottom of the GOP barrel appears to be bottomless.

I never thought I would see the day when conservative evangelicals would seriously consider voting for serial wife-cheater and dumper Newt G. I guess their dislike of Mitt 'Mormon' Romney is greater than their revulsion of Newt 'my-passion-for-my-country-was-the-reason-why-I-cheated-on-my-wife' Gingrich.
"There's no question at times of my life, partially driven by how passionately I felt about this country, that I worked far too hard and things happened in my life that were not appropriate," said Gingrich...

44 - Newt Gingrich: 'Passion for the country' led to personal indiscretions (video)

I never thought I'd see that day either.

But listening to Gingrich when he talks about vital issues, I begin to appreciate why Democrats didn't care how scummy Clinton was. Gingrich is just that knowledgeable and that great at articulating his ideas. That could cover a multitude of sins come election day.

Jokey wake up, the facvt that Mitt can appeal to the leftists like you is why he will never be the GOP nominee.

Silly bennie, you are not a conservative, just a mere reactionary wack from the uber hard right, who wants to run with cool Republicans, but you don't and won't. I assure you. I am not a liberal, was much in line with Gerald Ford and Republicanism of that era. Mitt appeals across the spectrum right to left, while Newt has major, major issues within the Republican Party.

Wake up and smell the coffee . . . er, postum, for Mitt's sake!

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
He will be the next president.

A Romney vs. Gingrich race will rest on the social values conservatives, who put in GWB twice. It also puts them in a pickle: vote for "non-Christian" or vote for the "immoral one." Interesting. I am voting Romney.

I disagree Jake, because I don't see either of them as immoral or non Christian. As with most conservatives and unlike most liberals, we want the facts, we'll pick who best fits our beliefs, and we'll vote for that person. Liberals vote with their feelings, we vote from knowing the facts.

Social values conservatives overwhelming do not think like you, Pale Rider. They do see Newt as immoral and unChristian, and while they don't like Mitt's Mormonism, they will see him as the better, moral man. These are the folks who picked Bush and McCain. They will pick Mitt before Newt.

Forum List

Back