Newly released court documents cast doubt on Gingrich version of first divorce

the republicans dont seem to like the vetting of their candidates

Oh please, if Obama had been vetted, he never would have even been invited to dinner in the White House.
Gee with people who do opposition research and those like Karl Rove, Dick Morris, the Freepers, Ann Coulter, Michelle Malkin, Sean Hannity, Glenn Beck, Rush Limbaugh, Matt Drudge, Brent Bozell, Laura Ingraham, Jonah Goldberg, Sarah Palin, <stops for a breath> Mark Levin, RedState, Bill O'Reilly, Michael Savage, David Horowitz, Mary Matali, FoxNews, Michael Reagan, <another breath...> G. Gordon Lidd, Bill Bennett, Tammy Bruce, Mike Gallagher, Debbie Schlussel, Roger Hedgecock, Hugh Hewit, Alan Keyes, George Will, Neil Cavuto, George Bush, Dick Cheney, Andrew Breitbart....

*phew* ...just to name a few, you'd think sommmmmmmmmmewhere in there, some able vetters would have emerged.

Nevermind the thousands of PI's and political detectives whose job it is to uncover any dirt about a person they can...(only stupid people think they are not employed by every campaign in history) ...and those *in the White House & other gov't offices who have access to information others can't possibly have...

You'd think...

So, either Obama was thoroughly vetted, or some of the folks above, and the other paid consultants who do that work are so piss poor and inept that they have you convinced they didn't do their job.

Either way, it's a fail all around.

Of course they didn't vet Obama..as bill Clinton said, the MEDIA was in the bag for him.

look what they did with Hillary, someone who was known...NO BODY ever heard of Obama until he started running for President, and then he was only a us JUNIOR Senator for less then two years before he started running.

we can put the blame on a lot that we have this inexperienced community organizer as our President...but the real blame belongs on the idiots WHO VOTED for him and fell for a damn slogan

thankfully the people are seeing the error they made..

so now all we get from his followers and his lapdog media is about people divorces as what's IMPORTANT and should now be the judge of a persons, character..

omg. now they are worried about Character...

Yet most of them as we see on this thread will still DEFEND Billy Boy Clinton. They still bring up how poor Anthony Weenie ONLY posted pictures of his weenie over the Internet, no big deal..

But a personS DIVORCE.........now THAT IS the BIG ONE..

you can only laugh at the double standards of a lefty

Liberals here aren't worried about Gingrich's character. I doubt any liberal here would vote for Gingrich if he had a monk's sex life (or what we're led to believe is a monk's sex life).

I think most liberals here are curious as to why Gingrich's serial adultery and multiple divorces and who knows what else NO LONGER MATTERS TO CONSERVATIVES.

When, between the the nineties and now, did the conservative consensus change from 'character matters'

to 'character doesn't matter'?

Look..this crap that conservatives was all THAT WORRIED over Clinton being a hound dog is crap...Now, the fact he was accused of RAPE and took advantage of a young women almost the same age as his DAUGHTER will in a position of power, our President, and in OUR HOUSE, then went on National t.v and LIED about it..

THAT'S when the mans character WAS BROUGHT into OUR BUSINESS..

this tread is about A MANS divorce, which is really NO ONES BUSINESS..

So suddenly Newt didn't commit multiple adulteries? lol, you retard.

Liberals here aren't worried about Gingrich's character. I doubt any liberal here would vote for Gingrich if he had a monk's sex life (or what we're led to believe is a monk's sex life).

I think most liberals here are curious as to why Gingrich's serial adultery and multiple divorces and who knows what else NO LONGER MATTERS TO CONSERVATIVES.

When, between the the nineties and now, did the conservative consensus change from 'character matters'

Look..this crap that conservatives was all THAT WORRIED over Clinton being a hound dog is crap...Now, the fact he was accused of RAPE and took advantage of a young women almost the same age as his DAUGHTER will in a position of power, our President, and in OUR HOUSE, then went on National t.v and LIED about it..

So suddenly Newt didn't commit multiple adulteries? lol, you retard.

wtf...
you people are friggen losers, that's all there is to it

Last edited:
SNIP:

Gingrich Divorce Papers Magically Appear In Media HandsVetting works differently for Republicans.by John Hayward12/27/201152
Comments
To this day, Barack Hussein Obama remains a man of mystery. Copious amounts of documentation from his early life and academic career have never been released. It took years of pressure, plus Donald Trump as the ringmaster of a media circus, just to see his birth certificate.

When the L.A. Times obtained a potentially embarrassing videotape of Obama laughing it up at a party for Arafat minion Rashid Khalidi, the paper pursed its lips and fastidiously hid the tape from public view. Their newspaper account of the part didn’t even mention that domestic terrorist Friends of Obama Bill Ayers and Bernadine Dohrn attended the event. Another important connection from Obama’s past, his long attendance at Reverend Jeremiah Wright’s church of racial hatred, was carefully buried by the media until conservative radio hosts and bloggers dragged it into the open.

The rules for “vetting” are very different for Republican candidates. We’ve already seen murky allegations from Herman Cain&#8203;’s past assigned a level of instant credibility that would never have been granted if he were a black Democrat. Even after a much more serious accusation of a long-running consensual affair caused Cain to suspend his campaign, we still don’t know exactly what the initial “sexual harassment” accusers complained about.

Now CNN has magically obtained the sealed records of Newt Gingrich&#8203;’s first divorce. Here’s the wonderful story of how this Yuletide journalistic miracle came to pass:

After initially being told that the divorce documents were sealed, CNN on Thursday obtained the folder containing the filings in the divorce, which had been stashed away for years in a Carroll County, Georgia, court clerk's drawer. Retired clerk Kenneth Skinner told CNN his deputy took Gingrich's file out of the public records room around 1994, "when he (Gingrich) became the center of attention," because Skinner feared tampering and theft.
"During these years, you had to make sure those papers were there," Skinner said. "People could go in those files and get things out. We didn't have enough security to control it."

Current Carroll County Clerk of Court Alan Lee said he called the retired deputy clerk, who told him where to find the papers, after CNN began looking for them last week.

Shazam! Those papers just popped right out of a clerk’s drawer, where they were supposedly tucked over fifteen years ago, to keep people from nosing around in them! Oh, the irony! Who knows what CNN might be able to discover about Barack Obama, if they bothered to look for some of his records with the intensity reserved for Republicans’ sealed divorce papers?

By an amazing coincidence, previous Obama opponents have also seen their campaigns destroyed by the sudden exposure of “sealed” divorce papers. It happened to both Obama’s primary and general-election opponents in his 2004 Senate race. In fact, it’s likely that the only reason Obama became either a senator or President is that Chicago Democrat machine operatives and their media allies were able to pull lurid details from Republican Jack Ryan’s divorce records, unsealed for the Chicago Tribune&#8203; by a very helpful California judge.

read it all here..
Gingrich Divorce Papers Magically Appear In Media Hands - HUMAN EVENTS

Last edited:
I don't know why you idiot conservatives don't just support Rick Santorum, a guy with as far as we know a relatively unblemished personal life and character,

a guy who's down the line 'right' on the issues that conservatives care about...

...why would you idiots dick around with an immoral sleazy con man like Newt Gingrich?

Who knows what CNN might be able to discover about Barack Obama, if they bothered to look for some of his records with the intensity reserved for Republicans&#8217; sealed divorce papers?

If only conservatives had their own media channel or knew somebody - somebody! in media who could look up these things.

The pity is palpable.

I don't know why you idiot conservatives don't just support Rick Santorum, a guy with as far as we know a relatively unblemished personal life and character,

a guy who's down the line 'right' on the issues that conservatives care about...

...why would you idiots dick around with an immoral sleazy con man like Newt Gingrich?

I'm not defending or supporting Newt...and I like Santorum..
I just don't like the sleazy tactics of some of the people on left who pass this kind of crap around and THE MEDIA, especially CNN.

keep this in mind folks.........CNN is NOT TO BE TRUSTED as a news source.

Last edited:

Yeah a mans divorce is what you low life's call vetting.
I'm just surprised you all haven't dragged his kids into things..

This shows all the signs of being a David Axelrod operation. He's the one who won the Senate race for Obama by getting the sealed divorce records of his opponent released.

The fact that Obama feels the need to destroy Gingrich shows just how much they are afraid of him.

omg. now they are worried about Character...

Yet most of them as we see on this thread will still DEFEND Billy Boy Clinton. They still bring up how poor Anthony Weenie ONLY posted pictures of his weenie over the Internet, no big deal..

But a personS DIVORCE.........now THAT IS the BIG ONE..

you can only laugh at the double standards of a lefty

So if someone were to accuse Gingrich of rape,THEN his personal life would matter?

lolol

I'm not going to bother reading this entire thread but I will offer this.

Did ANYONE think for a moment that its quite possible that his wife asked him for the divorce then when he obliged she lawyered up and her story changed to suit her case? It happens every day. My exwife did it.

Besides that who fucking cares.

I'm not going to bother reading this entire thread but I will offer this.

Did ANYONE think for a moment that its quite possible that his wife asked him for the divorce then when he obliged she lawyered up and her story changed to suit her case? It happens every day. My exwife did it.

Besides that who fucking cares.
She clearly stated she did not want the divorce. It''s IN the divorce papers.
Plenty of people around them at the time knew it as well. Gingrich earlier said it was he who wanted the divorce. Jackie in 1985 was a the subject of a long expose in Vanity Fair with LOTS of named sources who backed her up.
He told others she was too frumpy for him, and not "presidential wife material.'
Just too much evidence to change the outlying facts. It was he who wanted the divorce, he who cheated, and now he who is lying again.

& In case you missed this:

Jackie had just gone through two other operations for cancer - YES - uterine cancer... and they only found out the last tumor was benign when they TOOK IT OUT.

She had been undergoing cancer treatments for two fucking years -- WHILE SHE BEAT THE BAND ON THE CAMPAIGN TRAIL WITH NEWT TRYING TO GET HIM ELECTED -- Sucking chemotherapy and undergoing radiation treatments all the while.
Newt did not hesitate to mention that in his campaign speeches as he was trying to get elected in his premier run for US Congress.

And !

She did that just after she had worked night and day helping to put him through grad school and attain his doctorate. Eat that.

----> Yeah, it was *her* who wanted the divorce.
People experiencing cancer are always gug-ho to split from the family and the ones they had just devoted their lives to. Give me a break!

She still had cancer, it was just in remission. It came back in 2005. She beat it again.

Jackie Gingirich is one hell of a strong woman. You should admire her.

Her ex-husband - not so much.

Last edited:

I'm not defending or supporting Newt...and I like Santorum..
I just don't like the sleazy tactics of some of the people on left who pass this kind of crap around and THE MEDIA, especially CNN.

keep this in mind folks.........CNN is NOT TO BE TRUSTED as a news source.

Haha you like captain anal leakage! Oh that is rich. This just made my day.You a fucking moron back a fucking moron.
"captain anal leakage"

:lol:

No, it actually about him lying about his divorce.

Although Gingrich lies like a $2 Dollar crack whore anyway, so this shouldn't surprise us. I'll grant you that.

that 's still NONE of your alls BUSINESS..

Neither was Wiener but that didnt stop you whores from going after him now did it?
No it didnt so shut the fuck up you old hag.

Come on now.

Weiner publicly exposing his Weiner to random women who could have been ANY age (including minors) is hardly comparable to a divorce.

Neither was Wiener but that didnt stop you whores from going after him now did it?
No it didnt so shut the fuck up you old hag.

Come on now.

Weiner publicly exposing his Weiner to random women who could have been ANY age (including minors) is hardly comparable to a divorce.

Why do you care? Its none of your business if he did.

Because I think women deserve enough respect to not be insulted by a perv

Maybe its a father thing. I raised 2 girls and detest idiot boys who don't show respect.

Oh please, if Obama had been vetted, he never would have even been invited to dinner in the White House.
Gee with people who do opposition research and those like Karl Rove, Dick Morris, the Freepers, Ann Coulter, Michelle Malkin, Sean Hannity, Glenn Beck, Rush Limbaugh, Matt Drudge, Brent Bozell, Laura Ingraham, Jonah Goldberg, Sarah Palin, <stops for a breath> Mark Levin, RedState, Bill O'Reilly, Michael Savage, David Horowitz, Mary Matali, FoxNews, Michael Reagan, <another breath...> G. Gordon Lidd, Bill Bennett, Tammy Bruce, Mike Gallagher, Debbie Schlussel, Roger Hedgecock, Hugh Hewit, Alan Keyes, George Will, Neil Cavuto, George Bush, Dick Cheney, Andrew Breitbart....

*phew* ...just to name a few, you'd think sommmmmmmmmmewhere in there, some able vetters would have emerged.

Nevermind the thousands of PI's and political detectives whose job it is to uncover any dirt about a person they can...(only stupid people think they are not employed by every campaign in history) ...and those *in the White House & other gov't offices who have access to information others can't possibly have...

You'd think...

So, either Obama was thoroughly vetted, or some of the folks above, and the other paid consultants who do that work are so piss poor and inept that they have you convinced they didn't do their job.

Either way, it's a fail all around.

I'm convinced that we know less about this Presidents early life than any other I can think of. I'm convinced that there are many many documents being kept from the public view. But you believe what you want.

Can you believe these people...

We want to know all of the Obama's girlfriends from HIGH SCHOOL.

absolutely pathetic what this media is all about.
What the hell?

???

You think a HS girlfriend is comparable to a 18 year legal marriage with two children??

and newsflash: Reporters DO go searching for candidates old flames, and schoolmates, and business partners, etc...

It's like you're new to politics or something.

I tend to agree with Stephanie on this topic but you bring up a good point. There is no comparison of the two. Gingrich is apparently done.

Maybe now the GOP voters will give Mr. Huntsman the attention he so richly deserves.

Just a few more details from the OP article:

Leonard H. "Kip" Carter, a former close Gingrich friend, backed the contention that it was Newt Gingrich who wanted the divorce.

"He (Gingrich) said, 'You know and I know that she's not young enough or pretty enough to be the wife of a president,' " Carter, who now lives in South Carolina, told CNN recently, relating the conversation he had with Gingrich the day Gingrich revealed he was filing for divorce. Carter served as treasurer of Gingrich's first congressional campaigns.

Carter, who was a fellow history professor when Gingrich taught at West Georgia College in Carrollton, said he broke off his friendship with Newt Gingrich because of the congressman's treatment of his wife during the divorce.

Asked in an e-mail whether that conversation in 1980 occurred the way that Carter recounted, Gingrich spokesman Hammond did not respond.

Gerald Johnson, a Georgia state legislator at the time who also was in Gingrich's Sunday school class, said it was his memory that Jackie Gingrich did not want a divorce. Johnson laughed when told the presidential campaign is now saying she requested the divorce, calling that "surprising."

When Gingrich filed for divorce, he was already seeing a 28-year-old congressional aide, whom he married six months after his divorce was final in 1981. The second wife, Marianne Ginther Gingrich, told Esquire magazine last year that Gingrich even introduced her to his parents in the summer of 1980, the same time he filed for divorce.
Newly recovered court files cast doubt on Gingrich version of first divorce - CNN.com
How's that for slimy? Guy even introduced his "Sanctity of Marriage" wife number two to his parents
WHILE HE WAS STILL MARRIED TO 'SANCTITY OF MARRIAGE' WIFE NUMBER ONE!

Last edited:
Just a few more details from the OP article:

Leonard H. "Kip" Carter, a former close Gingrich friend, backed the contention that it was Newt Gingrich who wanted the divorce.

"He (Gingrich) said, 'You know and I know that she's not young enough or pretty enough to be the wife of a president,' " Carter, who now lives in South Carolina, told CNN recently, relating the conversation he had with Gingrich the day Gingrich revealed he was filing for divorce. Carter served as treasurer of Gingrich's first congressional campaigns.

Carter, who was a fellow history professor when Gingrich taught at West Georgia College in Carrollton, said he broke off his friendship with Newt Gingrich because of the congressman's treatment of his wife during the divorce.

Asked in an e-mail whether that conversation in 1980 occurred the way that Carter recounted, Gingrich spokesman Hammond did not respond.

Gerald Johnson, a Georgia state legislator at the time who also was in Gingrich's Sunday school class, said it was his memory that Jackie Gingrich did not want a divorce. Johnson laughed when told the presidential campaign is now saying she requested the divorce, calling that "surprising."

When Gingrich filed for divorce, he was already seeing a 28-year-old congressional aide, whom he married six months after his divorce was final in 1981. The second wife, Marianne Ginther Gingrich, told Esquire magazine last year that Gingrich even introduced her to his parents in the summer of 1980, the same time he filed for divorce.
Newly recovered court files cast doubt on Gingrich version of first divorce - CNN.com
How's that for slimy? Guy even introduced his "Sanctity of Marriage" wife number two to his parents
WHILE HE WAS STILL MARRIED TO 'SANCTITY OF MARRIAGE' WIFE NUMBER ONE!

:lol::lol::lol:

You remind me of a little ole lady gossip getting their panties in a bunch over trivial shit..
had to bring the article back up because people were losing interest, eh..and make it all black..

Last edited:

Forum List

Back