New Zealand: First They Took Their Guns.....Now They're Removing Jesus From Their Lives

I might be mistaken but I'm getting the distinct impression that you think the rights of Christians are being eroded.
Can you please identify where?
They can follow their faith openly and without impediment from the government.
They can wear t-shirts with a picture of Jesus in public, they can wear a cross around their necks, they can gather in buildings dedicated to the express worship of their chosen deity, they can perform ceremonies for noted social events such as weddings, births and deaths in the manner of their choosing...I'm not too sure where you think the oppression comes in.

When you have people pretending that any public mention of Jesus is "Discrimination" against non-Christians,

it is obvious that the goal is to discriminate against Christians,

AND that people who are so bigoted against Christians are probably already discriminating against them is what ever way they can get away with.
I don't believe anyone has said that using Jesus' name is discriminating against anyone.
The idea of the change was to be more inclusive of all religions.

cnm said that very thing. And I've heard other liberals hold that basic position, so it is not just him.

And that is my point. The stated reason might be to be more inclusive. They always say some such shit.

But it is revealed to be a lie, by the way they are happy to have other efforts made to celebrate other SPECIFIC religions, such as the Muslim Call to Prayer as per the op.

The change to the parliamentary prayer would remove reference to SPECIFIC religions so any point you're making about discrimination is obviously wrong.
There was no national call to prayer.
There was a nationwide screening of a Christian memorial service for the 9/11 victims in 2001.
National holidays are held for Christian Easter and Christmas.
Christian ANZAC Day services are held across the country in April.

The act of mentioning Christianity is not discrimination.

The fact that you libs pretend that it is, to justify purging any mention or pubic display of Christianity shows that you libs are religious bigots and is discrimination against Christians, and Christianity.

The OP mentions a call to prayer observed nation wide. I'm sure the plenty of public officials specifically mentioned it to support it, and celebrate diversity and inclusion.

The double standard is the point.
Tha act of mentionaing Christianity might not be discrimination...but neither is the act of not mentioning Christianity.
There was no call to prayer.
There was a call for a nationwide two minute silence and a televised remembrance service as well as a series of services throughout the country including Christian services.

You repeating something over and over doesn't make it true.

I don't think you understand what a double standard is.

As far as I know he isn't.
Why do you think otherwise?

The behavior of the government in the op. THe words of the New Zealander lib in this thread.
God is still in the parliamentary prayer.
What's the issue again?

Same one it was before.

The double standard of the Left.

Christianity is purged, while Islam is celebrated.

That is not diversity. That is religious discrimination.
Christianity has not been purged.
Where do you get your information from?

The OP.

Please support your claim that it is false.
I don't need to.
The OP doesn't claim that Christianity is being 'purged'.

Why are you upset?
Where are Christians being offended against in NZ?

It bothers me to see Western Civilization declining in front of me. That is why I am upset.

The double standard and discrimination demonstrated in the OP, is an offense against Christians in NZ.
There's no discrimination shown in the OP.
God is still in the prayer, Christians are still free to practice their faith.

You'll have to explain where you see a double standard I'm sorry.

Christianity is purged while Islam is celebrated.

That is not diversity, that is religious discrimination.
Christianity has not been 'purged'.
The prayer is more inclusive.
That's the opposite of discrimination.

When you single out ONE religion and don't allow public displays or references or practice to IT, but do for other religions,

that is religious discrimination.
There are Christian public displays, references and practices all the time.
In fact, there are several national holidays in the name of Jesus...one of them is even named after his surname.
Where's the discrimination again?

Horseshit. Any time you take something out you change the meaning.
the 'Jesus' reference was repealed and replaced...with 'Almighty God'.
That's an appeal to a greater and more powerful Christian authority.

Why can other governments get 'repeal and replace' done so easily?
Sorry, Almighty God can easily be changed to Allah.
Don't you believe that the one true Almighty God is the Christian god?
The issue isn't about God. It's about Jesus. Learn the difference between the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
Keep pushing on those goalposts!

I understand the difference.
But why appeal to God's proxy when you can go straight to the source?

Maybe a change to the prayer to appeal to Jesus and Allah would be less discriminatory.
That would be the perfect compromise.
Would you be happy with that?

as i commented earlier , in my opinion the purpose of changing the Parlimentary Prayer was simply to target and remove the personal name of JESUS IDB ,

Horseshit. Any time you take something out you change the meaning.
the 'Jesus' reference was repealed and replaced...with 'Almighty God'.
That's an appeal to a greater and more powerful Christian authority.

Why can other governments get 'repeal and replace' done so easily?
Sorry, Almighty God can easily be changed to Allah.
Don't you believe that the one true Almighty God is the Christian god?
God is God in any religion.
Jesus is the Center of Christianity, thus the move to irradicate Jesus is obvious to the learned. He is the way, the truth and the light. Without him Christianity doesn't exist. It would be like telling Muslims they cannot bless the prophet Muhammed in public. Like telling Buddhists that Buddha is forbidden.
So, do away with the prayer altogether.
That way there can be no accidental misunderstanding that they might be referring to Allah...or Vishnu...or Zeus...

the name JESUS was removed simply to remove that easily recognized and revered name from the Parlimentary Prayer . The removal was a purposeful slight aimed at Christians .
------------------------------------ REPEAT IDB !!

as i commented earlier , in my opinion the purpose of changing the Parlimentary Prayer was simply to target and remove the personal name of JESUS IDB ,
And I've reassured you that you're mistaken PIMSOE.
You can sleep easy in the knowledge that NZ is not 'purging' Christianity.

Oddly enough...God Himself knocked down most of the churches in the Christchurch earthquakes...but the mosques all survived.
What could this mean?

How about putting JESUS name back where it Traditionally belongs and probably from the start of the Parliamentary Prayer and maybe the Founding of 'new zealand' IDB ??

Oddly enough...God Himself knocked down most of the churches in the Christchurch earthquakes...but the mosques all survived.
What could this mean?
--------------------------------------------- aw , i don't care , i like having you 'new zealanders' to point at as being disarmed of effective weapons and being 'dhimmis' IDB .

Last edited:
And if i'm not mistaken the Parliamentary Prayer has been around since 1854 IDB .

so if i am correct the Parliamentary Prayer has been around for about 168 years but changed just recently to purge the Revered name of Jesus . What was the year that 'new zealand' was Founded IDB .

How about putting JESUS name back where it Traditionally belongs and probably from the start of the Parliamentary Prayer and maybe the Founding of 'new zealand' IDB ??
Traditions get changed all the time.
Is your church sermon still delivered in Latin?

What could this mean?
--------------------------------------------- aw , i don't care , i like having you 'new zealanders' to point at as being disarmed of effective weapons and being 'dhimmis' IDB .
I've reassured you enough that you no longer care.
My work here is done.

Yup......it's started.

New Zealand Christians Outraged as Govt Removes All References to Jesus From Parliamentary Prayer
03-30-2019
Steve Warren

Just barely two weeks following the mosque shootings in Christchurch, New Zealand, the government has decided to remove all references to Jesus Christ from its parliamentary prayer.

The move by Speaker of the House Trevor Mallard has angered the country's Christian population. Mallard made the decision in order to drop references to Jesus in order to make the prayer "more inclusive" for all parliamentarians.

The Guardian reports a reference to "Almighty God" remains, but it is not a specific reference to a Christian God.

Earlier this week, around 1,000 people protested just outside of the parliament building in Wellington. The group wanted Jesus name reinstated in the prayer because Christianity is part of the nation's history.

Ross Smith, the organizer of the event, told Radio NZ the country has a Christian heritage that should not be erased.

"It's a legacy. The principals and the values that are in this nation are based on our Christian-Judea roots. Removing the name would destroy those roots," he said.

"He needs a good kick in his pants, and he needs to actually be removed because this is a Christian nation," protester Rieki Teutscher told Radio NZ. We don't share his atheism."

Another demonstrator, Carmel Morgan, said Mallard should have consulted with New Zealanders or announced a referendum before changing the prayer.

"This is a land of democracy, this is a land of freedom, you know, we want to be a first world country... he took that choice away from us."

Other New Zealand politicians also voiced their concern over the change made by the speaker without consulting the entire parliament.

Well, the decision as to what should be changed should be made by parliamentarians and not the speaker – that's our position, I don't mind telling you publicly," deputy prime minister Winston Peters told RadioNZ.

"If you're going to make a change let's have parliament decide – not one person," Peters added.

Mallard said he had consulted other politicians and the majority he spoke to were in favor of a secular prayer.

One week after a white supremacist gunman opened fire inside two mosques, killing 50 people, the entire country observed a Muslim call to prayer. The event was televised nationwide. New Zealand Christians Outraged as Govt Removes All References to Jesus From Parliamentary Prayer
Jesus is also a Muslim prophet very important

so if i am correct the Parliamentary Prayer has been around for about 168 years but changed just recently to purge the Revered name of Jesus . What was the year that 'new zealand' was Founded IDB .
In the year that NZ was founded the women traditionally wore hats or **gasp** headscarves when they left the house PIMSOE.

What could this mean?
I've reassured you enough that you no longer care.
My work here is done.
----------------------------------------------- just like the 'aussies' , they are 'Puzzies' being put down by fureigner from what i read about their 'african' gangs and other imported gangs rioting in 'aussieland' . Don't care but interesting how low you 'new zealanders' can go but it is funny to watch and is interesting IDB .

In the year that NZ was founded the women traditionally wore hats or **gasp** headscarves when they left the house PIMSOE.
------------------------------------------------ well dressed Western and Protestant women of that time did wear scarves and similar head covering due to fashion and Pale Skin so due to protection from the sun and bugs but not due to religious decree of some guy named 'mo' from [about] 700 AD IDB .

Last edited:
------------------------------------------------ well dressed Western and Protestant women of that time did wear scarves and similar head covering due to fashion and Pale Skin so due to protection from the sun and bugs but not due to religious decree of some guy named 'mo' from [about] 700 AD IDB .
Hmmm...I'm not sure that he did PIMSOE.

Forum List

Back