Gun control not working in New Zealand....criminals shooting more often even now....but, but, they don't have a 2nd Amendment.....

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
Apparently, gun control doesn't work even on a big old island....

Police association president Chris Cahill said firearms violence had “certainly” increased in the last 5 to 10 years.

“Our members advise us of the incidents that happen and there has over many years been an escalation of violence,” Cahill said.

“But it’s when you have an event like [Friday] and the rawness of a shot actually being fired into the door of a police car, and multiple shots fired at officers, that it really brings home the risk those officers face.”
====

But......but......they have laws in New Zealand that say criminals can't have guns......don't they?

What we know about the shooter

The man was mid-20s and was previously known to police with active charges against him relating to drugs and violence.

Police believe he was acting alone, but say he caused “a lot of havoc”.

auckland-police-shooting-highlights-escalating-firearms-violence-toward-officers

Australia is facing the same increase in gun crime......see, when criminals need guns, they get guns...and gun control isn't going to stop them....

Ms Mallet said she believed the types of offences associated with gang-related crime in Australia had shifted in recent years.
'We're seeing people being shot in the street, total disregard for the public, for families,' she said.
'I think the police are concerned about the different types of violence because the rule book seems to have been thrown out with some of these organised gangs.'
Ms Mallet said the alleged kidnapping of Mr Vuong was 'very frightening'.
'I'm sure that everybody in Sydney and especially that neighbourhood is going to be thrown by this,' she said.
A number of high-profile gang-related crimes have dominated the news in the past 12 months, including the brutal execution-style shooting of celebrity chauffer Taha Sabbagh less than two weeks ago.

Apparently, gun control doesn't work even on a big old island....

Police association president Chris Cahill said firearms violence had “certainly” increased in the last 5 to 10 years.

“Our members advise us of the incidents that happen and there has over many years been an escalation of violence,” Cahill said.

“But it’s when you have an event like [Friday] and the rawness of a shot actually being fired into the door of a police car, and multiple shots fired at officers, that it really brings home the risk those officers face.”
====

But......but......they have laws in New Zealand that say criminals can't have guns......don't they?

What we know about the shooter

The man was mid-20s and was previously known to police with active charges against him relating to drugs and violence.

Police believe he was acting alone, but say he caused “a lot of havoc”.

auckland-police-shooting-highlights-escalating-firearms-violence-toward-officers
And my question to you is always.."what is NZ level of gun violence compared to ours?"....wait...oh, doesn't come close...crime stats yes. But you can glean the guns out of this. :auiqs.jpg:

YAWN..wake me up when they get to within spitting distance of us.

And my question to you is always.."what is NZ level of gun violence compared to ours?"....wait...oh, doesn't come close...crime stats yes. But you can glean the guns out of this. :auiqs.jpg:

You missed his point entirely. They cracked down on guns and the problem got worse. The statistics compared to our own are irrelevant to his point.

that gun crime can be itemized in other nations proves that they are doing something very right and we are doing something very wrong.

You missed his point entirely. They cracked down on guns and the problem got worse. The statistics compared to our own are irrelevant to his point.
You really friggin got to be kidding me? :auiqs.jpg:
You're splitting that hair? Our population?. Their population?.....

You really friggin got to be kidding me? :auiqs.jpg:
You're splitting that hair? Our population?. Their population?.....
Dumbass.

You're missing the point. Gun control did the opposite of what was intended. Their population and ours are irrelevant to that observation.

And my response is it doesn't matter ...there criminals get guns and their gun crime is increasing...because their criminals want and need guns to do their crime..........the criminals do not care about gun control laws, even on tiny islands at the bottom of the world......

Gun control is obviously not stopping increasing gun violence in New Zealand or Australia........this means that you morons took guns away from law abiding people...who use those guns to save themselves and their loved ones from these very criminals.....and the criminals still get guns and use them.......

You idiots don't understand the issue....the hard core left does...they simply want people disarmed so they can't resist the left.....

that gun crime can be itemized in other nations proves that they are doing something very right and we are doing something very wrong.

Not even close.....violent crime and murder are going up in Australia...which means normal people are being victimized and don't have guns to stop it.....while criminals have all the guns they want....

The latest report from the Australian Institute of Criminology (AIC) shows the homicide rate is increasing in Australia.
-----

t shows the homicide rate has risen in Australia over this period by 16%.

The homicide rate in 2019–20 was 1.02 incidents per 100,000 people, the highest rate since 2012–13. Within these incidents the rate of domestic and stranger homicides increased, while the rate of acquaintance homicide decreased for 2019-20.

Dumbass.

You're missing the point. Gun control did the opposite of what was intended. Their population and ours are irrelevant to that observation.
:rolleyes: Oh sweet jesus...Bud...what they do works. Captain Kirk gives specific anomalies and then attempts to tie these one-offs to his central narrative that gun control doesn't work....when it most certainly does. ^Shrug^.

:rolleyes: Oh sweet jesus...Bud...what they do works. Captain Kirk gives specific anomalies and then attempts to tie these one-offs to his central narrative that gun control doesn't work....when it most certainly does. ^Shrug^.

"Working," means gun crime doesn't go up....it is going up in New Zealand and Australia.........that means it isn't "working," in those countries......

The criminals set the rules...you dumb ass...

If it was working it wouldn't be getting worse. Gun control does a great job of keeping firearms out of the hands of law-abiding citizens. Criminals? It might surprise you to learn that violent criminals don't have much regard for gun control laws, or any laws really.

And my response is it doesn't matter ...there criminals get guns and their gun crime is increasing...because their criminals want and need guns to do their crime..........the criminals do not care about gun control laws, even on tiny islands at the bottom of the world......

Gun control is obviously not stopping increasing gun violence in New Zealand or Australia........this means that you morons took guns away from law abiding people...who use those guns to save themselves and their loved ones from these very criminals.....and the criminals still get guns and use them.......

You idiots don't understand the issue....the hard core left does...they simply want people disarmed so they can't resist the left.....
Gun control works. And here's a big hint for you...it doesn't affect "law abiding citizens" (like you and me).
NZ reacted to a mass shooting..which is more than I can say for us....but they haven't put in place the restrictions you are opining against.

"Working," means gun crime doesn't go up....it is going up in New Zealand and Australia.........that means it isn't "working," in those countries......

The criminals set the rules...you dumb ass...
No Jim. If you can't do the math, don't waste everyone's time. I get it. You want to spin that narrative. Unfortunately, their numbers (% wise) vs our numbers...don't come close.

If it was working it wouldn't be getting worse. Gun control does a great job of keeping firearms out of the hands of law-abiding citizens. Criminals? It might surprise you to learn that violent criminals don't have much regard for gun control laws, or any laws really.
No. Gun control does no such thing to law abiding citizens..who can still own and operate as many guns as they want.

Compared to the gun crime here...correct. It is going great.

Of course the difference is that 1/2 the nation down under isn't saying things are going great when we 30,000 gun deaths a year.
Gun crime in the states has been on a downward trend since the 80s. It's going up in NZ. And you think gun control measures are going as planned? It's all working out? You can't be serious right now

No Jim. If you can't do the math, don't waste everyone's time. I get it. You want to spin that narrative. Unfortunately, their numbers (% wise) vs our numbers...don't come close.
It's about the trends. Wow, how are you this ignorant? It's getting WORSE there AFTER they started cracking down.

OK progbots, let's drop Chicago, St Louis, Detroit or Baltimore down in NZ with their already strict gun control laws & see what it does to the rate of gun crime down there.

Conversely, let's eliminate our biggest cities with the harshest gun laws here & see what happens to the gun violence rates.

The worst places in America have the strictest gun laws & adding in suicides to gaslight about the real numbers is both dishonest & completely ridiculous.

Forum List

Back