New York Times attacks Governor Christie

Horseshit

You can name most any newspaper and it is more 'distinguished' or 'respected' than the Slimes

I notice you and your cronies are unable to name a single newspaper you think is on the level of prestige of the New York Times.

If you were to argue Washington Post, Wall Street Journal, LA Times, Chicago Tribune we might have something to discuss.

As usual, when you start to name right wing news sources that are respected you have pretty slim pickings

You go first. Who says they are "prestigious?"

OK ...I'll go first

The New York Times

Name a better US Newspaper and why. You can start with awards they have won, major news stories they have uncovered, quality of reporting....

I'm sure you must have ONE?

Last edited:
You couldn't even offer up the Wall Street Journal? Do I have to mention that for you?

But then again I'm sure you're perfectly content with the New York Post or the Washington Times. Or Newsmax and the Free Republic.

I am???... please cite any reference I have made in any of my thousands of posts on here that attests to that assertion

Fucking moron

You said any paper could be more distinguished or respected. That would include the ones I listed. And you aren't really refuting that, now are you?

You said I am content with specific newspapers.... and I asked you to back up that assertion from any of my thousands of posts....

I'll be waiting

And I do contend that most any other newspaper could be held in higher regard (a subjective ranking)... for the Slimes is pretty much known as a left-wing parrot.... now you will find left-wing nutjobs like wrongwinger who will have the opposing opinion... but I don't hold the opinion of wingers in very high regard.. no matter what side of the political spectrum they are on

I notice you and your cronies are unable to name a single newspaper you think is on the level of prestige of the New York Times.

If you were to argue Washington Post, Wall Street Journal, LA Times, Chicago Tribune we might have something to discuss.

As usual, when you start to name right wing news sources that are respected you have pretty slim pickings

OK ...I'll go first

The New York Times

Name a better US Newspaper and why

The Weekly World News...

Because they're not the Slimes and are probably more truthful in most regards (I don't think the Slimes lies on Sports statistics and standings... so they do post some facts there)

I am???... please cite any reference I have made in any of my thousands of posts on here that attests to that assertion

Fucking moron

You said any paper could be more distinguished or respected. That would include the ones I listed. And you aren't really refuting that, now are you?

You said I am content with specific newspapers.... and I asked you to back up that assertion from any of my thousands of posts....

I'll be waiting

And I do contend that most any other newspaper could be held in higher regard (a subjective ranking)... for the Slimes is pretty much known as a left-wing parrot.... now you will find left-wing nutjobs like wrongwinger who will have the opposing opinion... but I don't hold the opinion of wingers in very high regard.. no matter what side of the political spectrum they are on

Granted you pull off mostly from Yahoo News, which takes stories from the Associated Press and aggregates from several nationally recognized papers, including... wait for it... the New York Times on occasion.

So I stand corrected.

You're still a negging crybaby.

I'll be waiting

Granted you pull off mostly from Yahoo News, which takes stories from the Associated Press and aggregates from several nationally recognized papers, including... wait for it... the New York Times on occasion.

So I stand corrected.

Aww... you got negged for a bullshit assertion...

Again... you ASSerted that I am content or have made references to being content with certain newspapers or news sources... put up or shut up, winger

I'll be waiting

So I stand corrected.

Again... you ASSerted that I am content or have made references to being content with certain newspapers or news sources... put up or shut up, winger

You're so strongly defensive there, I suspect I touched on the truth all the same. And I'm a winger only to mouthbreathers.

So I stand corrected.

You're so strongly defensive there, I suspect I touched on the truth all the same. And I'm a winger only to mouthbreathers.

I take offense to people making blind and ignorant assertions on my stances or statements.... especially when they are SUPPOSEDLY some newbie to the board.... and I will call out any piece of shit, like yourself, that tries such a bullshit tactic....

OK ...I'll go first

The New York Times

The Weekly World News...

Because they're not the Slimes and are probably more truthful in most regards (I don't think the Slimes lies on Sports statistics and standings... so they do post some facts there)

Wow....Finally a rightwinger comes up with a name of a paper more distinguished than the New York Times...that took some guts

Now in the interests of having a civil discussion. Can you name how many Pulitzer Prizes the Weekly has won? How many distinguished or award winning journalists they employ? How many major breaking stories they have had in the last five years?

I will do the same for the New York Times

OK ...I'll go first

The New York Times

The Weekly World News...

Wow....Finally a rightwinger comes up with a name of a paper more distinguished than the New York Times...that took some guts

Now in the interests of having a civil discussion. Can you name how many Pulitzer Prizes the Weekly has won? How many distinguished or award winning journalists they employ? How many major breaking stories they have had in the last five years?

Pulitzer prizes do not exclude opinionated writings

Some critics of the Pulitzer Prize have accused the organization of favoring those who support liberal causes or oppose conservative causes. Syndicated columnist L. Brent Bozell said that the Pulitzer Prize has a "liberal legacy," particularly in its prize for commentary.[11] He pointed to a 31-year period in which only 5 conservatives won prizes for commentary. The claim is also supported by a statement from the 2010 Pulitzer Prize winner for commentary, Kathleen Parker: "it's only because I'm a conservative basher that I'm now recognized." [12]
Pulitzer Prize - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Weekly World News...

Some critics of the Pulitzer Prize have accused the organization of favoring those who support liberal causes or oppose conservative causes. Syndicated columnist L. Brent Bozell said that the Pulitzer Prize has a "liberal legacy," particularly in its prize for commentary.[11] He pointed to a 31-year period in which only 5 conservatives won prizes for commentary. The claim is also supported by a statement from the 2010 Pulitzer Prize winner for commentary, Kathleen Parker: "it's only because I'm a conservative basher that I'm now recognized." [12]

LOL..

Typical right wing response. Attack any award that Rush Limbaugh and Glenn Beck can't win

Famous recipients of the Pulitzer Prize include President John F. Kennedy for Biography; Margaret Mitchell, Saul Bellow, Ernest Hemingway, Eudora Welty, Harper Lee, William Faulkner, Upton Sinclair, and Toni Morrison for Fiction; Roger Ebert for Criticism; and Tennessee Williams, Arthur Miller, Rodgers and Hammerstein, and Stephen Sondheim for Drama.

Notable winners of more than one Pulitzer Prize include David McCullough (twice) for Biography; Robert Frost (four times), Archibald MacLeish (twice), and Robert Lowell (twice) for Poetry; Gene Weingarten (twice) for Feature Writing; Thomas L. Friedman (three times) for International Reporting and Commentary; Margaret Leech (twice) for History; Eugene O'Neill (four times), Edward Albee (three times), and August Wilson (twice) for Drama; Norman Mailer (twice) for Fiction and Non-Fiction; and William Faulkner (twice), John Updike (twice), and Booth Tarkington (twice) for Novel / Fiction. (This category's name was changed in 1948 from Novel to Fiction.)

Both Eugene O'Neill and Booth Tarkington accomplished the feat of winning the prize twice in a four-year period. Gene Weingarten won twice in a three-year period (2008 and 2010). Thornton Wilder, Carl Sandburg, and Robert Penn Warren are notable for winning prizes in more than one category. Wilder won once in the Novel category and twice in Drama, Warren won once for Fiction and twice for Poetry, and Sandburg won once for Biography and twice for Poetry.

Boycott The New York Times is a project of Accuracy In Media, the nation’s oldest media-watchdog group. AIM was founded in 1969 by a group of concerned citizens led by economist Reed Irvine. AIM is dedicated to correcting media inaccuracies and one-sided news coverage.

Question: Why should we boycott The New York Times?

Answer: Because The Times has, over the course of decades, deliberately distorted the news to advance its leftist political agenda – a pro-abortion, pro-big government, anti-family, anti-defense, isolationist ethic. The Times’ bias is reflected in its double standard in coverage of liberals and conservatives (as well as Democrats and Republicans), its misreporting of election news, the hidden assumptions that underlie news stories (the rich aren’t paying enough taxes, abortion is a right, same-sex marriage is a matter of fairness, man-made Global Warming is incontrovertible, etc.) and in the palpable imbalance in commentary. Its motto (“All The News That’s Fit To Print’) should be “All the News That Fits,” in terms of advancing our agenda.

Boycott The New York Times - Stop the bias and journalistic abuses

If Bloomberg was so into the tunnel why didn't NY offer up money before.
This tunnel was a joke as it dead ended instead of connecting to a terminal.

why would NY pay for something that benefits NJ?

that would be almost as stupid as christie not finishing the project was given the benefits NJ would have derived from it.

There are things I like about Christie, but he's turned out to be nothing more than a union busting, teacher hating rightwinger.

Boycott The New York Times is a project of Accuracy In Media, the nation’s oldest media-watchdog group. AIM was founded in 1969 by a group of concerned citizens led by economist Reed Irvine. AIM is dedicated to correcting media inaccuracies and one-sided news coverage.

Answer: Because The Times has, over the course of decades, deliberately distorted the news to advance its leftist political agenda – a pro-abortion, pro-big government, anti-family, anti-defense, isolationist ethic. The Times’ bias is reflected in its double standard in coverage of liberals and conservatives (as well as Democrats and Republicans), its misreporting of election news, the hidden assumptions that underlie news stories (the rich aren’t paying enough taxes, abortion is a right, same-sex marriage is a matter of fairness, man-made Global Warming is incontrovertible, etc.) and in the palpable imbalance in commentary. Its motto (“All The News That’s Fit To Print’) should be “All the News That Fits,” in terms of advancing our agenda.

Sure....and Fox News is "Fair and Balanced'

How bout you eagle?

Can you name a more respected US Newspaper than the New York Times?

The fact that rightwingers boycott it is more reason to respect it

I take offense to people making blind and ignorant assertions on my stances or statements.... especially when they are SUPPOSEDLY some newbie to the board.... and I will call out any piece of shit, like yourself, that tries such a bullshit tactic....

Oh noes! I angered DiamondDave! He's gonna call me out!

:lol:

You don't get a hernia trying that out now, ya hear?

If Bloomberg was so into the tunnel why didn't NY offer up money before.
This tunnel was a joke as it dead ended instead of connecting to a terminal.

why would NY pay for something that benefits NJ?

that would be almost as stupid as christie not finishing the project was given the benefits NJ would have derived from it.

There are things I like about Christie, but he's turned out to be nothing more than a union busting, teacher hating rightwinger.

Funny how we see the same thing in a different light. I see him as a "corrupt union" busting "inept teacher" hating governor.

How bout you eagle?

Fox News IS fair and balanced as it pertains to its news programming.
The Wall Street Journal is much more highly respected than the NY Times.

LOL..

Typical right wing response. Attack any award that Rush Limbaugh and Glenn Beck can't win

Did I call for strictly conservative winner of this award or to negate liberal submissions winning the award??

Nope... nice try though

But the fact is that opinionated works are not excluded from the award.... it does not do anything more than glorify those who paid the fees to see if their writings are good in the eyes of the subjective panel

Pedophiles can gain respect from other pedos.... synchronized swimmers can gain respect from others in their field.... it does not mean that they are indeed good or anything else.... it is completely subjective....

Hell.. Hitler was nominated for a Nobel Peace prize and Yasser Arafat won one... so an award does not inherently link to 'respect' or quality

How bout you eagle?

A paper more respected than the New York Times...?

Of course....the Stars and Stripes

Last edited:

Forum List

Back