New York Times attacks Governor Christie

What a shock!...The NY Times doesn't like Christie.This is great news for the governor.Shows he's on the right track.

It's like free advertising.

The NYT is a comical left wing blow bag and they just gave him 2 points.

Can you name a more distinguished newspaper in the United States than the New York Times?

Both me and my dog appreciate the NY Times when she has the runs.....
I like the fact that each page really opens up and covers a lot of the floor.....:eek:

It's like free advertising.

The NYT is a comical left wing blow bag and they just gave him 2 points.

Can you name a more distinguished newspaper in the United States than the New York Times?

I like the fact that each page really opens up and covers a lot of the floor.....:eek:

I understand that Conservatives have problems in reading any newspaper. Just like their godess Sarah Palin was unable to name a single newspaper she reads, nobody on this thread is able to name a single newspaper more respected than the New York Times

I understand that Conservatives have problems in reading any newspaper. Just like their godess Sarah Palin was unable to name a single newspaper she reads, nobody on this thread is able to name a single newspaper more respected than the New York Times

Your respect.... Michael Bolton's respect... the Pope's respect.... the respect of left-wing journalists.. teh respect of right wing talk show hosts... all very differing things....

Your subjective assessment does not take away from the fact that the Slimes is a notoriously biased fishwrap

The NY Times hs an international circulation.
Yet it runs at a deficit.
Enough said?

We already did....but....

you do realize that newspapers are the dinosauers of news communication today.....?

Last edited:

I would appreciate it if you tilted your head down in respect when you mentioned her name please.....oh and W never read a paper either and he was President....Twice.

And Obama is the smartest man on the planet according to the Dems....And just look at how that's worked out so far....:oops:

We already did....but....

you do realize that newspapers are the dinosauers of news communication today.....?

And yet....you saw fit to start a thread about it

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/11/18/opinion/18thu3.html

"Gov. Chris Christie of New Jersey is the darling of the Republican right for bleeding his state budget and rebuffing billions of dollars in federal funds. Back home, however, the picture is very different."

And with this opening, why read further?

Search Results Poll * November 9, 2010 * New Jersey's Christie Gets Goo - Quinnipiac University – Hamden, Connecticut

November 9, 2010 - New Jersey's Christie Gets Good Grades For First Year, Quinnipiac University Poll Finds; But Voters Say 2-1 He's Not Ready For White House

Word format

New Jersey Gov. Christopher Christie gets decent grades from voters as he nears the end of his first year in office, with a 51 - 38 percent approval rating, higher than President Barack Obama or any other statewide leader, according to a Quinnipiac University poll released today.

Assigning letter grades to the governor's performance, the independent Quinnipiac (KWIN-uh-pe-ack) University poll finds:

* 17 percent of New Jersey voters give Christie an A;
* 31 percent give him a B;
* 20 percent give him a C;
* 16 percent give him a D;
* 15 percent give him an F.

Christie is more of a leader than a bully, voters say 50 - 42 percent. But 48 percent say he is "confrontational," while 43 percent say he is "honest and refreshing."

His first year in office has been mainly a success, 52 percent of voters say, while 35 percent say it's been mainly a failure. Christie is doing a better job than expected, 32 percent say, as 23 percent say he is doing a worse job and 42 percent say he is doing about as well as they expected.

"We like our in-your-face governor, Christopher Christie, and think he's a real Jersey guy - sometimes a bully, often confrontational, but getting a fair number of A's and a lot of B's in his first year," said Maurice Carroll, director of the Quinnipiac University Polling Institute.

"But all that Christie-for-President chatter in the national news media? New Jerseyans think it's more political gossip than a serious possibility. Only one in five think he might run and most doubt that he's ready for the White House."

New Jersey voters say 61 - 24 percent that Christie would not make a good president. Even Republicans say only 45 - 36 percent that their governor is ready for the White House. Christie will not run for president in 2012, voters say 60 - 21 percent, and speculation that he will is just political gossip, 67 percent of voters say.

Still, Christie outscores President Obama, who gets a negative 46 - 50 percent approval rating in the Garden State, down from a 47 - 47 percent split in an August 19 Quinnipiac University poll and Obama's worst score ever in the state...

it's like free advertising.

The nyt is a comical left wing blow bag and they just gave him 2 points.

can you name a more distinguished newspaper in the united states than the new york times?

the wall street journal

See everyone...Zander gets it

The only conservative capable of naming a legitimate newspaper. Sarah Palin would be proud!

article-1080297-0236E540000005DC-469_468x470.jpg

Traveling around the world there are only two or three papers I see on sale from the USA. USA Today, The New York Times..and sometimes The Wallstreet Journal.

you can't buy better coverage than that, out-of-touch dead tree media crying and moaning, if I didn't know any better would think Christie paid them to whine like that

If Bloomberg was so into the tunnel why didn't NY offer up money before.
This tunnel was a joke as it dead ended instead of connecting to a terminal.

why would NY pay for something that benefits NJ?

that would be almost as stupid as christie not finishing the project was given the benefits NJ would have derived from it.

There are things I like about Christie, but he's turned out to be nothing more than a union busting, teacher hating rightwinger.

Funny how we see the same thing in a different light. I see him as a "corrupt union" busting "inept teacher" hating governor.

and i see the rightwing vilifying teachers so they can justify screwing them out of their pensions and benefits.

The National Enquirer is available worldwide.....

True...

But I was referencing "news" papers.

Not "fantasy bizzaro world" papers.

Then you shouldn't have mentioned the New York Times....:clap2:

Well most of the world uses that as "The Paper of Record".

I don't see anyone quoting the New York Post..except maybe NY1. But they are just reading from the local papers.

I stopped subscribing to the NY Times in 1985. I haven't read more than a section of it at a time in well over 10 years.

There is nothing worth reading in the Times that isn't on Drudge.

(Full disclosure: I was quoted in a Times article a week after 9/11 and in 2004 they did an article that featured my Dad, so obviously I read both of those)

Last edited:

Forum List

Back