New York raising age for purchasing semiautomatic weapons to 21 as part of gun law package

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia
ALBANY — Following a pair of heinous tragedies, Gov. Hochul and state lawmakers announced a deal Tuesday on a package of bills that will tighten New York’s already strict gun laws and raise the minimum age to buy a semiautomatic rifle to 21.

The agreement comes in the wake of mass shootings at a Texas elementary school and a Buffalo supermarket that left dozens dead and prompted renewed calls for change at the national level.

Hochul said New York must step up as it remains unclear if Congress will take action.

“New York already has some of the toughest gun laws in the country, but clearly we need to make them even stronger,” the governor said in a statement.

New York raising age for purchasing semiautomatic weapons to 21 as part of gun law package

Here's one that just shows how the antis are once they get their nose under the 2A tent. I knew it was just a matter of time.

Other bills slated for approval will eliminate the grandfathering of large-capacity ammunition feeding devices lawfully possessed prior to the enactment of the SAFE Act in 2013 or manufactured prior to 1994.

ALBANY — Following a pair of heinous tragedies, Gov. Hochul and state lawmakers announced a deal Tuesday on a package of bills that will tighten New York’s already strict gun laws and raise the minimum age to buy a semiautomatic rifle to 21.

The agreement comes in the wake of mass shootings at a Texas elementary school and a Buffalo supermarket that left dozens dead and prompted renewed calls for change at the national level.

Hochul said New York must step up as it remains unclear if Congress will take action.

“New York already has some of the toughest gun laws in the country, but clearly we need to make them even stronger,” the governor said in a statement.

Here's one that just shows how the antis are once they get their nose under the 2A tent. I knew it was just a matter of time.

Other bills slated for approval will eliminate the grandfathering of large-capacity ammunition feeding devices lawfully possessed prior to the enactment of the SAFE Act in 2013 or manufactured prior to 1994.

Yes....and the criminals who are actually doing the shooting with the guns they already can't buy, own or carry......the 15 year old gang bangers.......

They rolled up a joint and had a good laugh...

Good!

The last thing some goofy 18 year old kid needs is an automatic weapon.

I know the others have already shown how stupid you are.....

My turn....

Semi-automatic does not mean "automatic," you idiot...

Forum List

Back