New Texas voter ID law discriminates, federal judge rules

Fox News was not all over this story. I wonder why. Hmmmm. Didn't fit the narrative, maybe?

Portage County veteran, 86, doesn't vote after VA identification card rejected at polls
"I had to stop driving, but I got the photo ID from the Veterans Affairs instead, just a month or so ago. You would think that would count for something. I went to war for this country, but now I can’t vote in this country.”

A World War II vet was turned away from voting because his driver's license had expired, and his VA identification was not enough.

So he is able to get his VA "government goodies", but can't vote.

I guess he's just too retarded to be allowed to vote, eh?

Almost every time one of the Tard Herd posts a story about some kind of voter fraud which occurred, one or both of two things turn out to be the case.

Every time.

1) It occurred in a state which requires Voter ID.

2) It was the type of fraud which Voter ID cannot stop or prevent.

That the rubes have STILL not caught on to the fact Voter ID utterly fails to stop the types of fraud which occur is hilarious.

You know what is even more hilarious? When the tards read a post like this, here is what they see: "There is no voter fraud." :lol:

I would be fine with free state IDs for everyone...it's not like we don't already piss away hundreds of billions of dollars on stupid shit....just add FREE STATE IDs to the list. We can spare the $20/person for those without ID.

They get a free ID, they show that ID at the voting precinct, they vote, they go on with their lives....simple enough...right?

Maintain VOTER ID laws and ID everyone.....just as you would for buying alcohol or boarding an airplane or buying a GUN (a RIGHT as defined by the Constitution)

For snowflakes that don't want voter ID laws, imagine that the person without ID is trying to get into an NAACP banquet and security asks is they are an invited guest. Should they have to prove who they are?

Last edited:
Free state IDs for everyone.

Maintain VOTER ID laws and ID everyone.....just as you would for buying alcohol or boarding an airplane or buying a GUN (a RIGHT as defined by the Constitution)
You tards really love your apples and oranges fallacy.

That's all you have any more to defend the stupidity of Voter ID. A neverending stream of logical fallacies.

It is a fact that more people are disenfranchised by restrictive voter ID laws than there is fraud prevented by these same ID laws. Once those statistics are reversed I've got no problem with restrictive ID laws.
no that isn't fact, that's made up. thanks for trying though. you wish to debate, post something. right now, if any adult needs to eat, they must have an ID. now you wish to challenge that?

It is a fact. Studies show anywhere from 2-11% of the populace does not have the required ID for some of the most restrictive laws. Statistics for voter fraud, and that's all voter fraud not just fraud that would be stopped by having an identification presented at the polls, fall below 1%.

Fox News was not all over this story. I wonder why. Hmmmm. Didn't fit the narrative, maybe?

Portage County veteran, 86, doesn't vote after VA identification card rejected at polls
"I had to stop driving, but I got the photo ID from the Veterans Affairs instead, just a month or so ago. You would think that would count for something. I went to war for this country, but now I can’t vote in this country.”

A World War II vet was turned away from voting because his driver's license had expired, and his VA identification was not enough.

Doesn't make much sense at all. I mean, a VA ID is actually an official GOVERNMENT identification.

Speaking of buying a gun, the Republican Congress passed a law in 2005 requiring we all carry national identity papers. And you will have to produce these papers when you buy a gun.

That's the real reason behind all this business. To keep track of, and control, the movements of the herd.

And you dumb shits play right into their hands.

Doesn't make much sense at all. I mean, a VA ID is actually an official GOVERNMENT identification.
Not acceptable for voting.

And most old people don't even have a VA ID.

Speaking of buying a gun, the Republican Congress passed a law in 2005 requiring we all carry national identity papers. And you will have to produce these papers when you buy a gun.

That's the real reason behind all this business. To keep track of, and control, the movements of the herd.

Yep. Kinda makes you wonder why Trump asked the states for name, SSN, DOB, military service, party affiliation as well as who you voted for since 2006.

With that kind of info, you can persecute those who don't agree with you.

4%? I guess they dont drink, smoke, drive, get free shit form the government, have electricity etc etc
A fucking ID costs 5 bucks. The government could give them away at cost and not miss out on much. That would be worth the voting integrity anyways IMO

Actually, to get just an ID that shows who you are in TX costs 16 bucks for people under the age of 59, and it expires 6 years after your birthday, or, if you are over 60, it's only 6 dollars and has no expiration date.
If you can't save 16 dollars over 6 years, shoot yourself.

And now a message from the Department of Fatherland Security:

Secure driver's licenses and identification documents are a vital component of a holistic national security strategy. Law enforcement must be able to rely on government-issued identification documents and know that the bearer of such a document is who he or she claims to be.

4r3qdk.jpg

Yep. Kinda makes you wonder why Trump asked the states for name, SSN, DOB, military service, party affiliation as well as who you voted for since 2006.

Which is why even the red states told him to shove it up his ass.

Anyone who is a vet has one. I've got one, my neighbor has one, and most of the vets I know in Amarillo have one. Like I said, it's an official government ID, which also has your photo on it, so why wouldn't it be able to be used for voting?

In order to get a VA card, you have to prove your service (they can look it up), as well as how long you were in and any kind of disabilities you may have. Took me most of the afternoon to get mine when I got out.

When I was a young conservative, I remember how we used to brag to the commie symp hippies that a Russian citizen needed three pieces of paper to travel inside Russia and how we had no such Big Brother restrictions on our liberties and could travel at will with no ID.

Imagine that!

When I was a young conservative, I remember how we used to brag to the commie symp hippies that a Russian citizen needed three pieces of paper to travel inside Russia and how we had no such Big Brother restrictions on our liberties and could travel at will with no ID.

Imagine that!

You know, I didn't get into the habit of carrying an ID everywhere with me until I joined the Navy. One requirement was that your military ID was with you at all times.

But prior to 18? Only if I was driving, and sometimes not even then.

Anyone who is a vet has one. I've got one, my neighbor has one, and most of the vets I know in Amarillo have one. Like I said, it's an official government ID, which also has your photo on it, so why wouldn't it be able to be used for voting?

In order to get a VA card, you have to prove your service (they can look it up), as well as how long you were in and any kind of disabilities you may have. Took me most of the afternoon to get mine when I got out.
A very small fraction of Americans have served. Most elderly people do not have a VA ID.

As a matter of fact, I am a 20 year vet and don't have a VA ID. I've never had cause to use the VA. I have no disabilities and am in good health. I use TRICARE Prime.

One of my co-workers who is also a retired vet keeps telling me to get into the system, but I haven't. Maybe someday soon. You never know when it might come in handy.

Of course, I have my retired military ID, but believe it or not, that is not accepted as a valid ID everywhere!

Anyway. Most elderly people didn't serve and so they don't have a VA ID.

Imagine that!

You know, I didn't get into the habit of carrying an ID everywhere with me until I joined the Navy. One requirement was that your military ID was with you at all times.

But prior to 18? Only if I was driving, and sometimes not even then.
Same.

It is a fact that more people are disenfranchised by restrictive voter ID laws than there is fraud prevented by these same ID laws. Once those statistics are reversed I've got no problem with restrictive ID laws.
no that isn't fact, that's made up. thanks for trying though. you wish to debate, post something. right now, if any adult needs to eat, they must have an ID. now you wish to challenge that?

It is a fact. Studies show anywhere from 2-11% of the populace does not have the required ID for some of the most restrictive laws. Statistics for voter fraud, and that's all voter fraud not just fraud that would be stopped by having an identification presented at the polls, fall below 1%.

How do those 2-11% function in our society without ID.? They don't!

That means they should not be voting!

That's odd. Do you have a link for those requirements? I'll bet you pulled that out of your ass like a butt plug!

Forum List

Back