New pay-per-mile scheme would boost taxes 250 percent

I predict that if I read this thread I will find ample evidence that many right wingers do not believe they should have to pay for the highways they use.

Can anyone save me some time and tell me if I am right or not?

All a f**king SCAM,cars and trucks are more efficient and gas tax revenue drops ,so now they have figure a new way to stick-it up your ass.Government probably has a team of jerk-offs that do nothing more than sit around and scheme news ways to relieve you of your money.I pity the young gereration, your future is screw,but you have know one to blame but yourself for putting these ass-wipes in office..........

$Barack-Obama-With-Members-Of-His-Administration-440x293.jpg

All a f**king SCAM,cars and trucks are more efficient and gas tax revenue drops ,so now they have figure a new way to stick-it up your ass.Government probably has a team of jerk-offs that do nothing more than sit around and scheme news ways to relieve you of your money.I pity the young gereration, your future is screw,but you have know one to blame but yourself for putting these ass-wipes in office..........

View attachment 23831

They have to find a new way to pay for the highways that you use you moron. They don't build and maintain themselves. What are you like 5 years old?

Didn't you know this was going to happen the minute fuel efficient cars were proposed?

I predict that if I read this thread I will find ample evidence that many right wingers do not believe they should have to pay for the highways they use.

Obviously wrong, because we all know, highways and bridges and tunnels just build themselves during the night. They grow from seeds developed by Ayn Rand. Those guys in hard hats we see are just for show. They're all on welfare. It's one of Obama's communist plots--- they're actually planting huge brownshirt robots in the road that will, on Obama's command, rise up and swallow all the cars on the road to put them into indentured servitude. Because he hates white people.

(I'm studying Wingnutian on Rosetta Stone - how'm I doing?)

This mileage tax idea was dreamed up (in 2005) allegedly to account for all the EVs and hybrids that were going to take over the roads in the next year and make the ICE obsolete. Obviously flawed thinking, and there were suggestions among this of putting GPS units in cars --including retroactively (250 million cars) to track mileages, which of course means not only a hell of a lot of work but constant maintenance, not to mention Big Brother tracking everywhere we go.

All this just because the fuel taxes aren't bringing in enough revenue due to our declining consumption of oil. And supposedly to deal with the "revolution" (<<:lmao:) of EVs and hybrids. Abjectly stupid idea. If the fuel taxes aren't raising enough, then just raise the fucking fuel tax rate. No maintenance, no retrofits, no spying, done.

Scams like this are what gives Congress an approval rating of 0.462 percent.

Obviously wrong, because we all know, highways and bridges and tunnels just build themselves during the night. They grow from seeds developed by Ayn Rand. Those guys in hard hats we see are just for show. They're all on welfare. It's one of Obama's communist plots--- they're actually planting huge brownshirt robots in the road that will, on Obama's command, rise up and swallow all the cars on the road to put them into indentured servitude. Because he hates white people.

(I'm studying Wingnutian on Rosetta Stone - how'm I doing?)

This mileage tax idea was dreamed up (in 2005) allegedly to account for all the EVs and hybrids that were going to take over the roads in the next year and make the ICE obsolete. Obviously flawed thinking, and there were suggestions among this of putting GPS units in cars --including retroactively (250 million cars) to track mileages, which of course means not only a hell of a lot of work but constant maintenance, not to mention Big Brother tracking everywhere we go.

All this just because the fuel taxes aren't bringing in enough revenue due to our declining consumption of oil. And supposedly to deal with the "revolution" (<<:lmao:) of EVs and hybrids. Abjectly stupid idea. If the fuel taxes aren't raising enough, then just raise the fucking fuel tax rate. No maintenance, no retrofits, no spying, done.

Scams like this are what gives Congress an approval rating of 0.462 percent.

Obviously raising the gas tax makes more sense. It actually encourages people to buy higher mileage vehicles. I'm actually surprised that so called conservatives would favor a progressive system of taxation for road usage - where the has guzzlers pay more for the same use -than one which charges per mile.

Of course true usage would be better determined by miles X weight of car

Some states in the west like Oregon are looking into taxing "green" cars that run on battery power because they are avoiding the gas tax, so they will be taxed for miles driven....yep, lberals will always tax the new thing.

View attachment 23831

They have to find a new way to pay for the highways that you use you moron. They don't build and maintain themselves. What are you like 5 years old?

Its call living with-in a budget, overspending 4 billion a day to keep the lights on is OK in your book, OK I got it Now.....

View attachment 23831

Its call living with-in a budget, overspending 4 billion a day to keep the lights on is OK in your book, OK I got it Now.....

I'm sorry, I'm not seeing what in your list of slogans and sentence fragments will allow highways to be built and maintained for free. There is less money going into the highway fund. If fewer and lower quality highways is what you want - then just say so. Otherwise your position is illogical.

It shows you liberals are scumbags. Some people try to "save the planet" with gas free
cars and you find a new way to get their money since they don't buy gas.....typical.

This new tax on all cars' mileage is an attack on red states where people drive more than the obamabots living in the ghetto without a car. Another jab at people with more than ghetto trash like you.

Some states in the west like Oregon are looking into taxing "green" cars that run on battery power because they are avoiding the gas tax, so they will be taxed for miles driven....yep, lberals will always tax the new thing.

Would you be happy if they got to use the roads for free instead?

It shows you liberals are scumbags. Some people try to "save the planet" with gas free
cars and you find a new way to get their money since they don't buy gas.....typical.

This new tax on all cars' mileage is an attack on red states where people drive more than the obamabots living in the ghetto without a car. Another jab at people with more than ghetto trash like you.

Didn't you know this was going to happen the minute fuel efficient cars were proposed?

The minute? Sorry but I'm unaware of the mechanism by which existing cars on the road start using less gasoline the instant it is proposed that new cars use less gasoline. Please explain.

Because you don't think.

Propose fuel efficient cars. Reduction in taxes received from gasoline sales. Revenue has to be made up someplace.

The second efficiency standards were proposed, the nation was on notice that at some point they were going to have to start taxing by the mile. Next they will figure out a way to tax people who don't drive at all.

Oregon was one of the areas where the University of Iowa did the study. And again, if it matters, this idea came out of the 2005 Congress -- which was Republican.

Matter of fact (again if it matters) most of the times this has been brought up has been by Republicans. I've been following it for seven years. Obama's Transportation Sec Ray LaHood (R) proposed this four years ago at the beginning of the first administration. O'bama said no. I already posted that.

Nice try.

Last edited:
Shithead...I didn't realize the GOP ran the state of Oregon.

Oregon was one of the areas where the University of Iowa did the study. And again, if it matters, this idea came out of the 2005 Congress -- which was Republican.

Matter of fact (again if it matters) most of the times this has been brought up has been by Republicans. I've been following it for seven years. Obama's Transportation Sec Ray LaHood (R) proposed this four years ago at the beginning of the first administration. O'bama said no. I already posted that.

Nice try.

Fuckface... they don't. They ran the 2005 Congress. Read much?

Shithead...I didn't realize the GOP ran the state of Oregon.

Nice try.

Yup...if it is true that the government makes more than the oil companies and Exxon Mobile profits are in the 40 billion dollar range, that's right! Cool.

The gas tax alone brings in 25 billion a year for the feds. Add to that the tax on diesel and jet fuel and the fucking government does very well indeed.

And they spend more than that on highway maintenance and construction.

So?

federal highway projects always always always go over budget.

Forum List

Back