New NY Gun law to pass today. Run for the hills!! lol

So my deer hunting rifle with a SCOPE is now an assault rifle. You fail fucking miserably to see the big picture. It's absolutely flabbergasting.

Probably not. Does your deer rifle have a detachable magazine and one of the other characteristics I listed above?

ps: I first mis-typed and wrote a folding or telescoping SIGHT. My most recent post corrects that to a folding or telescoping STOCK.

False;

{Tightens the state's description of an "assault" weapon. Previous state law defined an assault weapon as having two "military rifle" features, but the new law reduces that specification to just one feature}

One of the listed "features" is; {Semi-automatic rifles able to accept detachable magazines}

The fuckers in NY have outlawed semi-autos, just as normal people feared, and as you leftist kept demanding that you would NEVER do.

So do we believe you when you when you claim to not be seeking a full ban of guns and revocation of the 2nd amendment?

No, it would be stupid to believe the Stalinist fuckers who just lied about it.

No. It's a rifle or shotgun which accepts a detachable magazine AND one other feature.

So my deer hunting rifle with a SCOPE is now an assault rifle. You fail fucking miserably to see the big picture. It's absolutely flabbergasting.

Your deer rifle is more powerful than an AR but the gun control nuts wouldn't know the first thing about that. They march to the propaganda that they're fed.

Just Stupid... New plan to take out a complete condo high rise in NY. High pressure air tank . 4 zo. of Toxic "kill all" solution in back flow device under my private sink.... inject with high pressure air bye bye... can you do better? so limited in thinking.. Oh Ya!:clap2: I'll take on the guns!

Last edited:
ushomicidemap_wb.gif

Take a look at the Bible Belt South!

Funny thing about that map. There is no discernible pattern between restrictive gun policy and crime rates. Texas has a crime rate on par with California. Texas is very gun friendly, California is not. Colorado has a relatively lower rate for the country, and they are very gun friendly. Meanwhile, D.C. is extremely restrictive when it comes to guns and they have the highest rate. Maryland is not very gun friendly, and they have a relatively high rate. West Virginia is a very gun friendly state, and their rate is relatively low.

You don't see because you don't want to see. Look at the northeast from NY, NJ and northward. There isn't much area there, but there are hugh amounts of people until you get all way up north. They tend to vote for Democrats and all those states have low homicide rates. Now, look at the old Confederate States of America, where everyone is so pro gun! They lead the country in homicides.
Vermont, New Hampshire and Maine have some of the highest gun ownership rates, and some of the least restrictions on guns in the country. For example, Vermont requires no gun registration at all - and has one of the lowest violent crime rates of any state in the country.

You can pick a jungle like DC, but Maryland has Baltimore and California has LA, San Diego, Oakland and many large cities with problems. The more you get into the upper plains, the less homicides. Illinois has it's Chicago and Missouri it's Saint Louis. The obvious pattern are states with very large cities.
There is clearly much more of a correlation between population density and crime rate than gun laws and crime rate.

NYC brought it's murder rate down by getting guns off the streets. The cops there will pat somebody down, if they suspect they have a gun. That might not be possible in large cities with easy access to guns. When states have laws that require waiting periods and background checks, it keeps guns out of the wrong hands.
There are many reasons why NYC's crime rate has gone down since the 80s - and "getting guns off the streets" is only a very small part of it.

Probably not. Does your deer rifle have a detachable magazine and one of the other characteristics I listed above?

ps: I first mis-typed and wrote a folding or telescoping SIGHT. My most recent post corrects that to a folding or telescoping STOCK.

I have wrist issues. It has a thumb hole stock and a detachable mag. So there I am.

Those are some pretty charts but they are irrelevant

And despite who you think should or should not have a firearm is also irrelevant.

Shall not be infringed bitches and if you want your dream of a disarmed american public to come true the repeal of the 2nd amendment is your best bet. good luck

I'll take your guns, soda, drugs,recyle laws and will endure. So I still can plan my final all.. so enjoy your paper law before I still kill 400 kids.. enjoy your stupidly for now..

Last edited:
Those are some pretty charts but they are irrelevant

And despite who you think should or should not have a firearm is also irrelevant.

Shall not be infringed bitches and if you want your dream of a disarmed american public to come true the repeal of the 2nd amendment is your best bet. good luck

Nobody wants that. No even the majority of lefties, which makes it so laughable

No. It's a rifle or shotgun which accepts a detachable magazine AND one other feature.

For instance, a semi-automatic rifle or shotgun with any kind of internal magazine, such as a tube underneath the barrel or in the stock, is perfectly legal in all cases. One with a detachable magazine and at least one of the following would now be considered as an assault weapon:

a folding or telescoping stock
a pistol grip
a bayonet mount
a flash suppressor or barrel threaded to receive one
a grenade launcher
a thumbhole stock
a second handgrip or protruding grip to be held by the non-firing hand

I own several semi's in various calibres and none of mine would be illegal in New York. How many do you have which would be? At one time, I owned an M-1 Carbine with a folding stock and a pistol grip. It would be. It would also have been classified as an assault weapon under the old federal law.

Yes, you're right.

Even so, this is insanely draconian.

Forum List

Back