New foster dog

For those who foster . . . when a forever home is finally found, how do you give them away? I mean, doesn't it break your heart? Don't you just want to keep them?

I commend anyone who fosters kids or animals . . . . .

The day you take them in you tell yourself every day they are for someone else.

Its hard but if you cant keep them yourself you know it has to be done.

For those who foster . . . when a forever home is finally found, how do you give them away? I mean, doesn't it break your heart? Don't you just want to keep them?

That's the part that worries me. It's why I'm taking some time to consider it first. I'm not sure I can part with them when the time comes!

I just took in an Alsatian puppy, 90 days old, a smart dog that already knows three commands, but shits everywhere

I have in the past rescued strays and found them good homes. One was a pit bull escaped fighter. He was in HORRIBLE shape when he came knocking at my door dragging a long chain. I don't know how he got loose. He was covered with paint and cigarette burns. Someone tried to cut off his ears and he had a long slash on his penis. I let him in and he crawled into a corner and slept for 24 hours straight through. What a good dog. I mean a superlative dog. He seemed shy to the prospective dog parents. Then one family came in. I don't know how this dog knew, but this was his family. Three little kids that rolled all over the floor with him. The Mom was a bit hesitant, pit bull and all. She said a final "NO pit bulls". But the dog was having none of it. He went up to her, laid his head along her leg and looked up into her face, the perfect picture of pleading pity. Well, okay, for awhile, see how it works. As soon as the door was open, the dog was out like a shot and jumped into the backseat of the car, like he belonged there.

That makes you feel good, that kind of he found his home.

That's the part that worries me. It's why I'm taking some time to consider it first. I'm not sure I can part with them when the time comes!

I thought much the same when I fosterd my first dog until the right someone came along and you could see that it was a perfect match.

I always look at as this Foster now has a home and I can take anther Foster in and find him a great home.

I just took in an Alsatian puppy, 90 days old, a smart dog that already knows three commands, but shits everywhere

Remember to praise it when it shits in the right place.

That will go along way

Great news. Dami the dalmation got adopted by an Indiana couple. He was flown down and is now in his forever home.

Last edited:
great news......i cant foster....i would never be able to part with one.....if i bring one in.....it stays.....that is why i have this bunch how....and i know......expansion is never out of the question....

but good for you....good on all of you...who are kind to animals...i wished it was the way of all but its not...

Great news. Dami the dalmation got adopted by an Indiana couple. He was flown down and is now in his forever home.

That is good news! YAY for him! And YAY for you for taking him in when he needed it.

I have contacted my local shelter. I'm on the list! I said I'd take either a dog or a cat.

Video of Dami being flown from CT to PA by Pilots and Paws

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IH7ILj8o0QU]Pilot and Paws: Dami the Dalmatian - YouTube[/ame]

That is good news! YAY for him! And YAY for you for taking him in when he needed it.

I have contacted my local shelter. I'm on the list! I said I'd take either a dog or a cat.

That's awesome! Good luck! Keep me posted.

Forum List

Back