New foster dog

J.E.D

Gold Member
Jul 28, 2011
My gf and I recently took in a new foster dog. His name is Dami. He is a 10 yr old dalmation who was seized from a CT home. The owners kept him tied outside with no food or water. By the time animal control took him, he was close to death. The couple was arrested and charged with animal cruelty. He now has spinal problems which make him semi-incontinent.

attachment

• Banned
He's a sweetheart. I feel so sorry for him. :(

My gf and I recently took in a new foster dog. His name is Dami. He is a 10 yr old dalmation who was seized from a CT home. The owners kept him tied outside with no food or water. By the time animal control took him, he was close to death. The couple was arrested and charged with animal cruelty. He now has spinal problems which make him semi-incontinent.

attachment

Good for you, Josef. I hope he eventually finds a permanent home that is full of love for him. In the meantime, I'm sure he's in the best place possible.

attachment

I work he cat end of the foster care system. Sad what comes in isnt it?

Other then the incontinence, how is the dog with you?

Kudo's to you Joseph. Not many would have stepped up for a senior dog.

I currently Foster at GSD/Pit mix. Jango by name. He's a hell of a dog and will make someone a great pet.

Other then the incontinence, how is the dog with you? [/COLOR]

Good for you. He's great with people. He just wants to curl up next to me all the time. He's good with our other dog, too; but he pesters him a bit. He probably never got socialized. The other dog snaps at him when he's had enough and then the dalmation backs off. He's learning.

Good for you. He's great with people. He just wants to curl up next to me all the time. He's good with our other dog, too; but he pesters him a bit. He probably never got socialized. The other dog snaps at him when he's had enough and then the dalmation backs off. He's learning.

At least he is not afraid of people and is curious about other dogs. You have some work cut out for you. Keep up the good work!

Your OP made me think... I'm gonna sleep on it for a few days.... to be sure.... but I'm thinking of calling our local shelter and signing up as a 'foster parent' for a needy critter.

Thanks Josef.

Your OP made me think... I'm gonna sleep on it for a few days.... to be sure.... but I'm thinking of calling our local shelter and signing up as a 'foster parent' for a needy critter.

Thanks Josef.

Kitten season is coming!

Thanks Josef.

That would be very nice of you. :)

Thanks Josef.

It would be very nice FOR me.

I need to think it through... I'm 'part time Mom' to a big Belgian Shepherd when his 'parent's' are away... but he's good with other dogs and is not here that much... I could work around him. I'm seriously tempted. And I'm really glad you bought the subject up.

Thanks Josef.

I need to think it through... I'm 'part time Mom' to a big Belgian Shepherd when his 'parent's' are away... but he's good with other dogs and is not here that much... I could work around him. I'm seriously tempted. And I'm really glad you bought the subject up.

Definitely think it through. You don't want to jump right into it and end up making the wrong decision. If you do decide to do it, you might want to start with an easy one - ie, healthy, adoptable, non-aggressive. Find a good shelter or rescue group. Explain to them your situation and they should get a good match for you.

Definitely think it through. You don't want to jump right into it and end up making the wrong decision. If you do decide to do it, you might want to start with an easy one - ie, healthy, adoptable, non-aggressive. Find a good shelter or rescue group. Explain to them your situation and they should get a good match for you.

Good advice, which I will take on board. I'm used to dogs, but I also wouldn't mind taking a cat.... there is a great shelter near me and I just checked their website... they are looking for foster parents. So I'm gonna just give it a couple of days to give myself time to consider it. For me, the major problem would be parting with my adopted baby. I'm a sucker for a cute face and fur.

Good advice, which I will take on board. I'm used to dogs, but I also wouldn't mind taking a cat.... there is a great shelter near me and I just checked their website... they are looking for foster parents. So I'm gonna just give it a couple of days to give myself time to consider it. For me, the major problem would be parting with my adopted baby. I'm a sucker for a cute face and fur.

A cat could be a good way to start. They're definitely easier than dogs to care for. Shelters are usually overrun with cats (dogs, too); so, I'm sure they'd be more than happy to make room. It's always hard for me when the fosters get a permanent home. I tear up every time. But it's for the best. If we kept them all, we couldn't help the ones that don't have a home.

Thanks Josef.

Kitten season is coming!

Oh yes it is. :lol:

Thanks Josef.

You won't regret it CG. I foster and its a great feeling when that pup gets a new home. It also makes room for ya to foster another needy critter.

Forum List

Back