Eulogy For a Friend

BluePhantom

Educator (of liberals)
Nov 11, 2011
Portland, OR / Salem, OR
When we moved into our new house a year and a half ago we "inherited" many things from the previous owner who had passed away shortly before. Some fine furnishings that her grandchildren didn't want to bother with and a very nice set of china. But by far our favorite thing that came with the house was Buddha the cat. So named for his immense size and peaceful, loving personality he quickly became a friend and member of our family. He slept between my wife and I at night and purred himself to sleep and I loved scratching under his chin (which he loved) and through his long coat of fur. He was quick to cuddle on the couch and he made fast friends with our other cat Senior. They would go thundering through the house like a hurricane chasing each other back and forth. We called it their morning jog. We always laughed because at 7:00 am sharp he would nuzzle our faces to wake us up just like a dog and then run to his food dish as if to say "let's go you lazy bastards, it's feeding time". We never knew how old he was or what he was named before we bought the house but he was our Buddha-Man and in the short time we knew him he was happy and loved.

Buddha passed away in his sleep last night curled up between us as he always was. He will be missed and remembered. Goodbye my friend.

Sorry for your loss.

I too 'inherited' a cat a while ago, old cranky thing... but we got on great. She died a while back... and I still miss her grumpiness.

When we moved into our new house a year and a half ago we "inherited" many things from the previous owner who had passed away shortly before. Some fine furnishings that her grandchildren didn't want to bother with and a very nice set of china. But by far our favorite thing that came with the house was Buddha the cat. So named for his immense size and peaceful, loving personality he quickly became a friend and member of our family. He slept between my wife and I at night and purred himself to sleep and I loved scratching under his chin (which he loved) and through his long coat of fur. He was quick to cuddle on the couch and he made fast friends with our other cat Senior. They would go thundering through the house like a hurricane chasing each other back and forth. We called it their morning jog. We always laughed because at 7:00 am sharp he would nuzzle our faces to wake us up just like a dog and then run to his food dish as if to say "let's go you lazy bastards, it's feeding time". We never knew how old he was or what he was named before we bought the house but he was our Buddha-Man and in the short time we knew him he was happy and loved.

Buddha passed away in his sleep last night curled up between us as he always was. He will be missed and remembered. Goodbye my friend.

I am sorry for buddha and you and yours....rip.

He is enjoying himself in cat heaven now.

$Catnhat.gif

MAY FOND MEMORIES OF YOUR CAT, WHO GOT IN YOUR HAT, YOUR LAUNDRY, YOUR LIFE AND YOUR HEART
MAKE YOU SMILE THROUGH YOUR TEARS
AS YOU REMEMBER THOSE YEARS
NOW THAT YOU ARE APART

Buddah sounds like a real pal.

Sorry for your loss and Kudos to you for letting him live out his years in familiar territory.

RIP Buddah man.

He is enjoying himself in cat heaven now.

I would like to think he is cuddled up with Mary Lou (the previous house owner) right now and she is rubbing his belly as he loves so much. We are burying him this weekend and the kids are discussing which plant will be his grave. That is a custom in our family.....even with the humans. We are cremated and mixed with soil and used to plant something that represents our life. Some people think it's kind of morbid to eat the apples off the tree that my grandfather was used to plant, for example. I think it's a great way to remember my grandfather and still take pleasure in what he continues to give.

Bless you for keeping the cat. Bless the previous owners for selling the house with the cat.

He and his owner are together now.

Forum List

Back