New A/C....

Try that in Texas.....it just feels like you're in a sauna with a fan blowing hot air.
Kinda like a convection oven.
I was on vacation at Fart Hood and we had no air conditioner, same with Redstone Arsenal, Alabama and Fart Belvoir by Alexandria,bVA, then there was the twenty five years I spent in OKC and was a mason.

My ac went out a few years back during the peak of the heat. Was BRUTAL. Bought a window unit for the bedroom to keep the pets healthy. Took them over a week to get to us they were so busy. Mine only cost 8k but I got a new furnace too.

We've used a window unit in our tent when we camped on Padre Island National Seashore.
It's an insulated canvas tent.

We've used a window unit in our tent when we camped on Padre Island National Seashore.
It's an insulated canvas tent.
Our popup camper had a/c in the roof and even though all sides were canvas, it did a good job of lower the temp on those blisteringly hot days in the northwest when it was over 80.

Our popup camper had a/c in the roof and even though all sides were canvas, it did a good job of lower the temp on those blisteringly hot days in the northwest when it was over 80.

The Pop Up we had didnt cool for shit in the Texas heat.
We found that hosing the thing down every once and a while made a huge difference.
We always made sure to hose it down right when it got dark.
The tent A/C just made the heat tolerable so you could sleep since we didnt have access to a hose on the beach where we mainly used it.

The Pop Up we had didnt cool for shit in the Texas heat.
We found that hosing the thing down every once and a while made a huge difference.
We always made sure to hose it down right when it got dark.
The tent A/C just made the heat tolerable so you could sleep since we didnt have access to a hose on the beach where we mainly used it.
That's not my kind of camping. I camp in summer to get away from heat, usually on the Pacific coast or nearby islands. When temperatures are in the 80's in Seattle, on the coast it's in the 60's and 70's. When we lived in Florida we never camped in summer. The heat, humidly, and mosquitos were terrible in summer.

That's not my kind of camping. I camp in summer to get away from heat, usually on the Pacific coast or nearby islands. When temperatures are in the 80's in Seattle, on the coast it's in the 60's and 70's. When we lived in Florida we never camped in summer. The heat, humidly, and mosquitos were terrible in summer.

Obviously camping in Texas in the spring and fall is way better.
The heat is one of the reason we camp on the beach in summer.
You have a constant breeze off the water so it cools things down a bit than say somewhere in the East Texas Piney Woods area.
It gets stifling under those pine trees they ,block what little breeze there is and the pine straw hold heat.
The Hill Country is pretty nice in the summer as well because the humidity is low.
The heat is something you have to deal with in Texas and I'm not gonna let it stop me from doing the things I like to do.

Obviously camping in Texas in the spring and fall is way better.
The heat is one of the reason we camp on the beach in summer.
You have a constant breeze off the water so it cools things down a bit than say somewhere in the East Texas Piney Woods area.
It gets stifling under those pine trees they ,block what little breeze there is and the pine straw hold heat.
The Hill Country is pretty nice in the summer as well because the humidity is low.
The heat is something you have to deal with in Texas and I'm not gonna let it stop me from doing the things I like to do.
Have you ever camped in Big Bend National Park? When we had our RV we took I-10 across the county every year going thru El Paso and San Antonia and we would see the turn off for Big Bend but since it was well off our route we never made it there. I’ve always wondered what it was like.

Have you ever camped in Big Bend National Park? When we had our RV we took I-10 across the county every year going thru El Paso and San Antonia and we would see the turn off for Big Bend but since it was well off our route we never made it there. I’ve always wondered what it was like.

Now thats a place you dont camp in the summer!!
But yeah I've been there a couple of times.
The border patrol is kind of a pain in the ass,you can expect to be stopped at least a couple times in a week stay.
They're very polite though.

Now thats a place you dont camp in the summer!!
But yeah I've been there a couple of times.
The border patrol is kind of a pain in the ass,you can expect to be stopped at least a couple times in a week stay.
They're very polite though.
Is it mountainous or just desert.

Forum List

Back