New A/C....

HereWeGoAgain

Diamond Member
Dec 15, 2010
Fuck Y'all I'm From Texas!
Ugh!!
When we bought this house we knew we'd have to replace the A/C units because they were getting old.
We replaced the first two and didnt want to spend the money for a top of the line units so we stepped down a notch we had those two units installed about ten years ago.
We had to replace the last one and went with Trane because we weren't all that happy with the lower end unit.
So we started having trouble with the ten year old units recently and we had to replace both of them.
To the tune of $30K!!! We went with Trane on those two so at least all of our units are the top of the line now.
I know one thing for sure. I'll never buy a house that requires three A/C's again. While it is nice to have a couple in case one goes out you at least have an area that's still cold.
All told the damage to my wallet is $45K for the A/C units plus another $15K to have new ducts installed.
Now I like the heat just not so much that I want to sleep in it.

Ugh!!
When we bought this house we knew we'd have to replace the A/C units because they were getting old.
We replaced the first two and didnt want to spend the money for a top of the line units so we stepped down a notch we had those two units installed about ten years ago.
We had to replace the last one and went with Trane because we weren't all that happy with the lower end unit.
So we started having trouble with the ten year old units recently and we had to replace both of them.
To the tune of $30K!!! We went with Trane on those two so at least all of our units are the top of the line now.
I know one thing for sure. I'll never buy a house that requires three A/C's again. While it is nice to have a couple in case one goes out you at least have an area that's still cold.
All told the damage to my wallet is $45K for the A/C units plus another $15K to have new ducts installed.
less than 25 $

images

Hell, we have the windows open, overcast and 69 degrees....I'm loving it! ;)

Looks like next week is just supposed to be just in the mid to high 80s. Usually this time of year we would be baking in 90s heat and about equal humidity.

Move to a temperate state. ;)

Hell, we have the windows open, overcast and 69 degrees....I'm loving it! ;)

Looks like next week is just supposed to be just in the mid to high 80s. Usually this time of year we would be baking in 90s heat and about equal humidity.

Move to a temperate state. ;)

You bastard.....
We're looking for our retirement place right now.
While a more temperate place would be nice I have to consider their gun laws and politics.
I damn sure dont want to live in a state overrun with liberals.

Ugh!!
How big is the house?

You bastard.....
We're looking for our retirement place right now.
While a more temperate place would be nice I have to consider their gun laws and politics.
I damn sure dont want to live in a state overrun with liberals.
Hold off till next November, if we get shed of the dems in the Virginia senate we can start righting the wrongs the dems put in place during the brief time they held sway.

NOtVA will always be a thorn though.

Ugh!!
icegif-31.gif

How big is your freeking house????

Some houses that are ergonomic have those underground cooling pipes that circulate earth cooled air into the home.
That way, they only need a small a/c unit for when it gets really hot.

We have large house with a main level 2 1/2 car garage and a lower level 3 car both heated and air, :rolleyes: why we bought the house. Anyhoo 3 of the units are Trane and we just replaced 1 with a Rhem or whatever, because that was the brand installer uses. The Trane unit we replaced was just over 7 years old. The 1 unit we haven't had any issues with and is close to 20 years old is an off brand.

Ugh!!
What refrigerant do they use? Jeez! That's more than a roof!

Naw, it should not have been that much.

3x say..7500, and your duct work, which I think they padded as well..

Last edited:
Ugh!!
another reason I am glad I learned how to do things,,

I put two new systems in two houses heat and AC and one of them didnt have central heat and I am in for less than 5 grand including duct work for both of them,,

When I was little, we had a swamp cooler in the kitchen window. It actually kept the house pretty cool.
And we had some 112 degree summers too!
That's where there's no humidity brah.

115 with no humidity is like 86 with high humidity. I've been in both.

I've been in 120 out west, and it's about like 96 or less here.

It was 101 today, and a swamp cooler doesn't do a damn thing in FL.

We have large house with a main level 2 1/2 car garage and a lower level 3 car both heated and air, :rolleyes: why we bought the house. Anyhoo 3 of the units are Trane and we just replaced 1 with a Rhem or whatever, because that was the brand installer uses. The Trane unit we replaced was just over 7 years old. The 1 unit we haven't had any issues with and is close to 20 years old is an off brand.

The Tranes come with a 10 year warranty I'd guess the Rhem would have the same.
We have a four car garage,one thats a standard side by side and on thats front to back. The guy that had house built kept his motor home in it so it has water,sewer and 220 electric service which is great since the welder requires it.
They also A/Ced the side by side garage which we had to disconnect before it was inspected because it was connected to the home A/C through duct work which is no longer allowed and wouldnt have passed inspection but it was easy enough to reconnect.
Whish the house wasn't so big since it's just the Wife and I but it had all the features we wanted.
Hell,we dont even go upstairs anymore since we got a new 75 inch big screen mounted over the fireplace that drops down.
The only reason we went upstairs was the gameroom and we only went up there to watch football.

What refrigerant do they use? Jeez! That's more than a roof!

Naw, it should not have been that much.

3x say..7500, and your duct work, which I think they padded as well..

We've been using these guys for years and of course we got a second opinion.
The guys we use were only a couple hundred more so we stuck with the guys we've been using.
It sure is,the roof was only $20k

Forum List

Back