Netting

Tommy Tainant

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2016
Y Cae Ras
Its a big issue over here. Developers are covering trees and hedges with the stuff to prevent birds from nesting. It isnt illegal yet and people are very agitated about it. Do you have similar issues in the US ?

upload_2019-4-12_8-42-54.jpeg

0_JWR_HMB_250219_winterton_01.jpg

upload_2019-4-12_8-43-30.jpeg

It protects the fruit.
Its to do with planning law. Nesting birds is a reason to delay or refuse planning permission for a site.

The pictures you posted showed netting over fruit trees and berry brambles. It's a common practice among both orcharders and home gardeners to net fruit producing trees and vines in season.

If there is a more nefarious reason for netting, that's something with which the local council to deal.

I net my blueberry bushes. Though, there's plenty for me and the birds, the blue jays have em for breakfast and I still have a steady rotation of fresh blueberries while they're in season.

The reason I net mine is because they poop all over my house and it looks like someone hit it with purple paint balls. When they spray painted my Lincoln was when I started netting them.

We protect some shrubs and trees from having the fruit eaten by birds here in the Colonies. Nothing like the U.K. apparently.

I side with the birds every time over the idiots that are afraid of birds. Total wack jobs.

Birds are part of the natural order of things. A few nests OMG....no....can't have birds.

Forum List

Back