Netflix Flicks

The Irishman. I decided to watch it ONLY because of Pacino and Pesci.
In my opinion...it wasn't the greatest mob flick I've seen. Kind of ho hum. DeNiro's face was fucked up from the CGI and his eyes were dead. Then again, he always has the same shitty look on his face, CGI or not. HIs acting was not very good either.
Pacino was Pacino and was excellent. But the star of this movie was Pesci. LOVE him. And he rocked his role.

Again...just my opinion.

Dayum and double dayum I am in lust!!!
where the hell has Henry cavill been all my life? Oh. Wait. Prolly not born yet, lol.

Anywho....this man is HOT!!!! Oy!!! Slender hips, broad shoulders, chiseled face, chin dimple, nice teeth, and just over all YUMMY!!!!

So..as you can probably tell..I just started watching Witcher, even though it seems kinda dorky. I don't mind any more. I have my eye candy: Cavill.

The Irishman. I decided to watch it ONLY because of Pacino and Pesci.
In my opinion...it wasn't the greatest mob flick I've seen. Kind of ho hum. DeNiro's face was fucked up from the CGI and his eyes were dead. Then again, he always has the same shitty look on his face, CGI or not. HIs acting was not very good either.
Pacino was Pacino and was excellent. But the star of this movie was Pesci. LOVE him. And he rocked his role.

Again...just my opinion.
Pesci played it low key rather than his usual Crazy Joe Pesci
He stole the movie

Pacino took some getting used to as Jimmy Hoffa, but was very good

Wasn’t too thrilled with DeNiros performance, thought he mailed it in. But he will probably get an Oscar for it

where the hell has Henry cavill been all my life? Oh. Wait. Prolly not born yet, lol.

Anywho....this man is HOT!!!! Oy!!! Slender hips, broad shoulders, chiseled face, chin dimple, nice teeth, and just over all YUMMY!!!!

So..as you can probably tell..I just started watching Witcher, even though it seems kinda dorky. I don't mind any more. I have my eye candy: Cavill.

Gracie,

Just be prepared, the show like the books isn't linear in time. The show is on 3 different time scales (Geralt, Yennifer, and Ciri). It's less confusing when you realize that.

WW

Gracie,

Just be prepared, the show like the books isn't linear in time. The show is on 3 different time scales (Geralt, Yennifer, and Ciri). It's less confusing when you realize that.

WW
I want to see more of the adventures and am not too thrilled with the Yennifer sideline.

Gracie,

WW
I want to see more of the adventures and am not too thrilled with the Yennifer sideline.
Not sure what episode you are on, but it gets better for Yenn.

You don't make a powerful mage overnight. LOL

I'm really hoping for Vesemir in Season 2.

WW

Well, I hope her magic makes her better to look at! I know. Shallow of me.

Well, I hope her magic makes her better to look at! I know. Shallow of me.

Speaking from the male perspective...

..... ..... ..... ..... ..... ..... ..... It does.

Although I played Witcher 3 on the computer so my minds eye of Yennifer is - I forget her name - but she was the female lead on the show "Chuck" but with black hair instead of blond.
WW

From what I understand, Cavill bulked up a lot to play Superman, then became something of an exercise freak because he enjoyed that working out.

Finished Witcher (btw...he never used a stunt double. Hand, arm, back of the head, swinging a sword..everything you saw in action scenes....was really Henry).

Now on to Dracula (netflix), season 1.

I finished up the Witcher today and had to get help sorting out the timelines. It covers 40 years. Cavill is absolutely gorgeous. Even his wig is gorgeous.

I finished up the Witcher today and had to get help sorting out the timelines. It covers 40 years. Cavill is absolutely gorgeous. Even his wig is gorgeous.

I believe Yennifer's timeline is more like 90 years, Geralt is 40, and Ciri very current as the all move towards meeting up.
.WW

Thank you Mojo! I have it in my favs now.

Another really good one I found on netflix some time ago is called God On Trial. Some death camp jews put God on trial just a day or so before being gassed..and they knew they were soon to die. So they performed the trial in their camp. Just...wow.

Found Him guilty.

And afterwards, they still continued with Shabbat Services.

I’m well into The Queen’s Gambit.
I'm just not into Chess and thats what its about isnt it? Chess tournament and some woman that is kicking butt at it?

It’s just so well done; the visuals, production, attention to period details.
The cinematography.

Apparently, it’s ignited an interest in chess. People are going out to buy sets.

Marvelous Mabel or whatever its called is supposed to be very good too, but the first episode didn't catch my interest. I saw nothing marvelous about her.

I watched Ghosts of War today. Interesting concept. 5 soldiers, guarding a huge chateau from Nazi's who did have it, lost it, and now they have to keep them at bay. But the chateau is haunted. Not really spooky, but I didn't guess the end, which is rare for me.

Forum List

Back