Netflix Flicks

The show I am watching is Great British Menu. It is an older show but still interesting. Man, those brits will eat just about anything, lol.

I tried Lost In Space. DUMB. Couldn't make it past the 2nd episode. Bad acting, stupid plot, made for teenyboppers or die hard LIS originals and this has nothing original to it. Oh, and Dr Smith was a man. NOT a woman.

Yeah. I will stick to british shows for awhile. I like the gardening one where they go in and fix up someones garden that can't do it themselves. I also watched the show where they have decorators flip a room in someones home. Not as bad as that nasty Trading Spaces, but enough to make me shudder at what they do with some really wonderful rooms with 500 year old beams. :ack-1:

i loved trading spaces.....and the brit one....changing rooms

they did some of the most stupid things....decorating the preachers kitchen with wine labels...and then the one where they crazy one glued hay to the walls...

I tried Lost In Space. DUMB. Couldn't make it past the 2nd episode. Bad acting, stupid plot, made for teenyboppers or die hard LIS originals and this has nothing original to it. Oh, and Dr Smith was a man. NOT a woman.

Yeah. I will stick to british shows for awhile. I like the gardening one where they go in and fix up someones garden that can't do it themselves. I also watched the show where they have decorators flip a room in someones home. Not as bad as that nasty Trading Spaces, but enough to make me shudder at what they do with some really wonderful rooms with 500 year old beams. :ack-1:
I enjoyed it. Good take on a TV classic. Impressive special effects, the Robot was a scene stealer

The female Dr Smith was pure evil. Great villain unlike the clownish, campy Dr Smith. They even brought in Billy Mumy to play the “real” Dr Smith in a quick cameo

I enjoyed it. Good take on a TV classic. Impressive special effects, the Robot was a scene stealer

The female Dr Smith was pure evil. Great villain unlike the clownish, campy Dr Smith. They even brought in Billy Mumy to play the “real” Dr Smith in a quick cameo

I especially enjoyed how the chick in the water had five hows to live, and Pa and Will needed to climb a damn mountain, ONE HELLUVA LONG WAY AWAY, find the substance they needed, and come back before she suffocated. FIVE HOURS, without a jet pack? Good lord, just stupid.

I especially enjoyed how the chick in the water had five hows to live, and Pa and Will needed to climb a damn mountain, ONE HELLUVA LONG WAY AWAY, find the substance they needed, and come back before she suffocated. FIVE HOURS, without a jet pack? Good lord, just stupid.
Different planet

Hours may be a different length. Science fiction requires a little suspension of reality.

Different planet

Hours may be a different length. Science fiction requires a little suspension of reality.

So they bought their watches on an uninhabited planet? It was only one of a dozen or so hole big enough to drive a truck through.

Simply pap is all it was. I predict a quick death for that dog

I couldn't make it past the suddenly plunging temperatures in the first episode causing the water to suddenly freeze solid, but have no effect on the family sitting above the lake. :p

I couldn't make it past the suddenly plunging temperatures in the first episode causing the water to suddenly freeze solid, but have no effect on the family sitting above the lake. :p

You would have thought the daughter stuck in the giant ice cube would have been crushed long before she ran out of air, but what do I know?

I've been on a foodie binge these past few months. Maybe because I am losing weight from lack of appetite? Anywho...Great British Baking show was pretty good. Zumbo's Just Desserts sucked. But just finished Mega Foods..which was pretty good. I was wondering how airlines, cruises, huge hotels prepped and cooked for thousands of people and that show showed how its done. Interesting.

Meanwhile...what are YOU watching?

I've been on a foodie binge these past few months. Maybe because I am losing weight from lack of appetite? Anywho...Great British Baking show was pretty good. Zumbo's Just Desserts sucked. But just finished Mega Foods..which was pretty good. I was wondering how airlines, cruises, huge hotels prepped and cooked for thousands of people and that show showed how its done. Interesting.

Meanwhile...what are YOU watching?

Season 2 of 13 Reasons Why comes out tomorrow and I'm going to watch that. I'm very curious how they are going to handle a second season, it seemed like the show was made for just one.

Just watched Cargo, starring Martin Freeman (bilbo). Another zombie movie...but a tad different. And better. Made me sad at the end. Filmed in Australia. Good movie.

Anyone wanna update this? I just tried watching Dexter...I enjoy the killing shit etc but the fact he seems so disconnected from people etc...on to Ozark now...we'll see. Stuff I have loved is Breaking Bad,Yellowstone,OZ,The Sopranos

Anyone wanna update this? I just tried watching Dexter...I enjoy the killing shit etc but the fact he seems so disconnected from people etc...on to Ozark now...we'll see. Stuff I have loved is Breaking Bad,Yellowstone,OZ,The Sopranos

I loved seasons 1 and 2 of Dexter. I got bogged down in season 3 and never went past maybe halfway through that season. I've heard from people that it picks up again, though, and I may one day revisit it.

Of course, I only watched 2 seasons of Breaking Bad, because I just never got into it. I didn't think it was bad, it just didn't hook me. I never watched any of the other shows on your list. :)

I loved seasons 1 and 2 of Dexter. I got bogged down in season 3 and never went past maybe halfway through that season. I've heard from people that it picks up again, though, and I may one day revisit it.

Of course, I only watched 2 seasons of Breaking Bad, because I just never got into it. I didn't think it was bad, it just didn't hook me. I never watched any of the other shows on your list. :)
OZ I can't even find on netflix anymore. It was on HBO I believe back when I was a teen...loved that show.

Sopranos no longer on Netflix IIRC. I should've finished that when I had the chance.

Ozark is great.

I think Dexter is AMC? I watched Mad Men (it is best thing I've watched in a long time). Now I'm on Walking Dead, which is a good watch on the first time around; I don't see it having re-watch value like Mad Men or others.

Try Broadchurch. My guess is it's better than Dexter, which I have not seen yet.

Forum List

Back