Netflix Flicks

I don't know if it is still on Netflix, but one of the best things I ever saw there was "Wonder Years". I swear that 5 year show about coming of age in high school was about me!

I tried Lost In Space. DUMB. Couldn't make it past the 2nd episode. Bad acting, stupid plot, made for teenyboppers or die hard LIS originals and this has nothing original to it. Oh, and Dr Smith was a man. NOT a woman.

Yeah. I will stick to british shows for awhile. I like the gardening one where they go in and fix up someones garden that can't do it themselves. I also watched the show where they have decorators flip a room in someones home. Not as bad as that nasty Trading Spaces, but enough to make me shudder at what they do with some really wonderful rooms with 500 year old beams. :ack-1:
I enjoyed it. Good take on a TV classic. Impressive special effects, the Robot was a scene stealer

The female Dr Smith was pure evil. Great villain unlike the clownish, campy Dr Smith. They even brought in Billy Mumy to play the “real” Dr Smith in a quick cameo

I loved the original. It was, as you say, "camp", and I really enjoyed the guest stars that appeared. Dr. Smith was a hoot, and Robot was great. I never could figure out what the wife and daughter's were doing on the show. They seemed to be primarily there to demonstrate how useless women are in an emergency.

I just finished bingeing (and lots of fast forwarding) Stranger Things. They should have stopped at the first season. Its dumb now. A kiddie show. Bad acting. Dorky kids (goonies was much better) and overall....I loathed it.

My god my wife watches the Stranger Things show...usually on her phone but she had it on the tv yesterday and my brain hurt watching that shit.

Just finished binge-ing Call The Midwife. I liken it to Little House On The Prairie, UK 1950's style. Feel-good stories that touch on deeper subjects...i.e. hermadorphrite (spelling)?; babies born with acute physical deformities; rape; abortions; etc...but with happy endings. If Michael Landon was not dead, I'd swear he was the writer. Lots of tears, prayers, slobbery "and they lived happily ever after". Did I like it? Yeah. But I had to mute the births because it got tiresome hearing them grunting and groaning thru all 8 seasons along with crying babies.

Just finished binge-ing Call The Midwife. I liken it to Little House On The Prairie, UK 1950's style. Feel-good stories that touch on deeper subjects...i.e. hermadorphrite (spelling)?; babies born with acute physical deformities; rape; abortions; etc...but with happy endings. If Michael Landon was not dead, I'd swear he was the writer. Lots of tears, prayers, slobbery "and they lived happily ever after". Did I like it? Yeah. But I had to mute the births because it got tiresome hearing them grunting and groaning thru all 8 seasons along with crying babies.
I thought you gals could take a little pain and crying...

Working on season 2 of VIKINGS. Dayum....ragnar is a twitchy mofo, isn't he? Always with that sneer grin, and cray cray to boot!

Working on season 2 of VIKINGS. Dayum....ragnar is a twitchy mofo, isn't he? Always with that sneer grin, and cray cray to boot!
I watched all the first 5(?) seasons for some strange reason, don't know why. Don't think I'll ever watch it again. Did the same with Grim and The Expanse, again not sure why, depression maybe? Won't watch either of those again. I'll stick with movies, most TV series just tend to get dumber with each episode though I have to say I did (mostly) like Endeavour a British series portraying Inspector Morris as a young rookie detective.

Vikings is one of those shows I've long considered watching, but never actually got around to starting. :p
It's not that bad, in my opinion it just gets kinda stupid from time to time especially later in the series.

Vikings is one of those shows I've long considered watching, but never actually got around to starting. :p
It's not that bad, in my opinion it just gets kinda stupid from time to time especially later in the series.
I'm tired of Ragnar's problems. He is more twitchy than ever now and it drives me bonkers. But..I am almost done. Season 5, Epi 1 starts tonight on my binge schedule. Then I hafta find something else to occupy my time.

Well....finally done. I began to miss Ragnar when everything was about Ivar, who is worse than crazy. Glad it's over, to be honest. But..it kept me interested. Now I hafta find something else to binge that is a period piece and exciting.

The Irishman is coming out at the end of the month

Martin Scorsese directs Robert DeNiro, Joe Pesci and Al Pacino

Finished The Last Kingdom. Really liked that one...but didn't care for Alfred, who was very different than the Vikings portrayal of Alfred.

Finished season 3 of The Crown. Not thrilled with the new actress that plays the queen, although she did a damn good job of letting us see who the queen really is...stodgy, cold, distant, soulless. And the guy that plays Charles..he did a good job. Plus, those who watch season 3 will make them more sympathetic to how poor Charles was thwarted at every turn to be himself and forced to be like his mother: stodgy, cold, distant. Poor Charles. Married to Diana, whom he did not love but the royals decided who he should be hooked to forever which ruined Diana's life and Charles winds up with the one true love Camilla anyway. So what was the purpose to begin with? To rule all aspects of their lives? A resounding yes.
Anyway..had to fast foward thru the last episode because I am not interested in Margaret.

Over all, I was not disappointed when it ended and wanting more, like I did with Vikings and Last Kingdom.

I wonder if The Crown will go all the way to Harry and Meghan? lol. That should be a trip to watch. They will make poor Meghan very misunderstood...or....a gold digger that has burned her way through the royals and they hate her guts. I hope the latter, lol, cuz that's what I think, myself.

I wonder if The Crown will go all the way to Harry and Meghan? lol. That should be a trip to watch. They will make poor Meghan very misunderstood...or....a gold digger that has burned her way through the royals and they hate her guts. I hope the latter, lol, cuz that's what I think, myself.
She seems to represent the royal family very well doing visits to impoverished areas

Most of the royal family is dull as dirt

Forum List

Back