Netflix Flicks

I saw the best baseball documentary on Netflix. The Battered Bastards of Baseball. It's all about an Independent team started by Kurt Russel's dad, Bing. The Portland Mavericks.

Totally heartwarming and fun to watch. :)

....... Imagine. 400+ days down there.

Imagine being beaten, physically and psychologically tortured, potentially fed bad food and water that makes you sick. Possibly you could be drugged. The mind is strong , but it is only so strong.

Imagine the ultimate physical and psychological he**.

It is better to be alone- cold- tired- and hungry than to fall capture to the enemy. You are physically and psychologically better off.

Shadow 355 ( Prior Service - US Army)

I just watched Not On This Earth. Fascinating. Jews, hiding from the Nazi's for OVER A YEAR in a cave in the Ukraine. Imagine. 400+ days down there.

I can't help but compare what they endured compared todays race riots and mindset of many blacks. That might sound racist but oh well. But..I digress.

If you like history documentaries/movies...check it out.

It's a true history and well documented. But the comparison to blacks was, well, weird, imo.
Different mindset over a year ago. I was falling down a slippery slope and had nothing to grab on to. It was not a fun slide. I can still slip, but I have my roomie now that yanks me back to sanity when I start to fall.

House of Cards season 4 starts tomorrow already. Wow, Orange is the New Black can't be far behind.

The Americans starts on FX on March 16 and they're finally showing season 3 which I missed. I saw one and two on Amazon Prime 30 day trial then decided not to buy it and have been looking for season 3 for awhile.

It's a great series.

I see rightwinger is a Netflix junkie. :) I watched a series called Cooked that was good. The history of cooking in the four elements. Fire, water, earth, air.

I have Cooked on my watch list. Haven't watched it yet. Probably after I binge watch House of Cards

Hope Clair comes back to that bastard or it won't be the same. I'll probably watch this weekend.

Hope Clair comes back to that bastard or it won't be the same. I'll probably watch this weekend.

I can't envision a story line where she doesn't make some deal to come back

I was kind of bummed when they introduced the murders. I wanted it to stay political. That just kind of made it a drama series for me. It's just easier to kill someone off rather than deal with them.

Just watched a documentary on Netflix called The Barkley Marathon.

120 mile off road foot race through the mountains of Tennessee. Been going for 25 years and only 10 people had ever finished it.

Pretty amazing and worth a watch

Just watched a documentary on Netflix called The Barkley Marathon.

120 mile off road foot race through the mountains of Tennessee. Been going for 25 years and only 10 people had ever finished it.

Pretty amazing and worth a watch
Thanks! It was well worth a watch. Amazing human event, extraordinary.

I might dump Netflix. I upgraded my streaming stick to a Roku 3 and now Netflix's menu is horrible. Big photo takes up most of the screen, which constantly changes (very irritating) the thumbnails are small and difficult to read and the text is TINY and really difficult to read. Someone totally screwed up their interface. Their tech support suggested lowering my TV resolution.

Just finished season 4 of Orange is the New Black. I was crying during the last couple of episodes and the very end of the finale was so good.

Damn.

Not a flick but a series

"Stranger Things"is worth a good long look. Only watched two episodes so far, but looks like it will become a staple on my weekly watch list

On Amazon, Mr. robot is an excellent series about hackers trying to bring down a corrupt Mega corporation.

Watched a movie just now called Sky, starring Norman Reedus. I wanted to see how Daryl did when not killing zombies, lol. Actually...I liked it although it was very slow. And I mean..slowwwwwwwwwww. Still...good story line. And Reedus was Daryl so I got to see him as a regular guy instead of a zombie killer but the personality was exactly the same. All in all...still a decent flick in my opinion.

Forum List

Back