Netflix Flicks

Anyone seen Hell on Wheels? I watched the first 2 seasons. 3rd season seemed to be going in a different direction, so I quit.

I give it 3 out of 5 trees.

Anyone seen Hell on Wheels? I watched the first 2 seasons. 3rd season seemed to be going in a different direction, so I quit.

Did you try Sons of Anarchy?
Haven't tried that one yet. Good?
I got addicted to it, there are about 7 seasons. They're a close knit outlaw motorcycle club. Into different businesses, gang wars, gun running, even involvement with Irish dissidents. I usually hate that stuff but the story lines are good and the characters really keep you interested.

Did you try Sons of Anarchy?
Haven't tried that one yet. Good?
I got addicted to it, there are about 7 seasons. They're a close knit outlaw motorcycle club. Into different businesses, gang wars, gun running, even involvement with Irish dissidents. I usually hate that stuff but the story lines are good and the characters really keep you interested.
Yeah, I think the large number of episodes scared me off, but maybe I'll give it a try some day

This might have been mentioned before. Sorry, don't care to plow through 25 pages...

Black Mirror. I've seen the first two episodes. It has been compared to Twilight Zone.

A bit absurd, but each episode has a totally different cast, script, story.

Yet I find myself reflecting on what I've seen. They are a bit of a mind-pop.

Check it out or don't. I could give a fuck :slap:.

This might have been mentioned before. Sorry, don't care to plow through 25 pages...

Black Mirror. I've seen the first two episodes. It has been compared to Twilight Zone.

A bit absurd, but each episode has a totally different cast, script, story.

Yet I find myself reflecting on what I've seen. They are a bit of a mind-pop.

Check it out or don't. I could give a fuck :slap:.

but would you fuck a pig?

There's a documentary on Netflix called Man on a Wire about a tightrope walker who walked between the towers of the World Trade Center. There is also a movie out called The Walk on the same guy. Scary to watch.

New documentary of John Denver on Netflix.

John Denver - Country Boy

Was not a huge fan, but loved Rocky Mountain High.

Very well made, in depth documentary of one of the best selling artists of the 70's.

I just watched Not On This Earth. Fascinating. Jews, hiding from the Nazi's for OVER A YEAR in a cave in the Ukraine. Imagine. 400+ days down there.

I can't help but compare what they endured compared todays race riots and mindset of many blacks. That might sound racist but oh well. But..I digress.

If you like history documentaries/movies...check it out.

On that note, history fans will cream their jeans at this site called Greater History.

They have super extensive and of the finest quality videos in playlistists on almost any conceivable historical stheme or major subject.

I literally was taken aback by the breadth and depth of their archives and its not some old slow ass dusty and under funded, under utilized site.

It's a YouTube Channel!!!

Awesome!

Vist it and you will be shocked.

Pleasantly so!

Here is the link.

GREATER HISTORY - YouTube

Dedicated to preserving and providing the best and most accurate historical and technical documentaries in the known universe.
If I left here, never to return, I would like to be remembered as someone who made this resource known to the posters here.

:D

Awesome! Just checked it out. Looks fascinating

For audio podcasts on history, check out Dan Carlins Hardcore History. His series called The Wrath of the Khans is incredible.
Dan Carlins Hardcore History

1. Dan Carlin - Hardcore History - Common Sense
    www.dancarlin.com/

2. He's been called a lot of things, but no one says that Dan Carlinis boring. His two long-running podcasts are among the most popular in the world.

Hardcore History

The American Peril. Publish Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2013 - 04:05:41 ...
    Hardcore History Library
    Current Hardcore History, EXTRA Hardcore History, Classic ...
    More results from dancarlin.com »
    [TBODY] [/TBODY]

Wrath of the khans was a real Eye opener as was his podcast about WWI. Absolutely chilling and heart breaking.

Glenn Cambell - I'll be me

Excellent documentary on his final tour while he battles with Alzheimer's.

Lots of personal footage with him, his wife and children.

The guys in a rough rough battle, but his sense of humor simply is uplifting.

Definitely a 5 star documentary.

I've been thinking about watching that one. I'll get it next.

I've been thinking about watching that one. I'll get it next.

Break out the Kleenex.

Forum List

Back