Netflix Flicks

Mindhunter. FIVE STARS!

Excellent show so far. On season 1, epi 3.
HIGHLY recommended.
What is it about?

The story of when/how the FBI first started to apply criminal psychology in solving crimes...and the difficulties getting law enforcement to recognize it's value in finding criminals.
But is more interesting than that sounds...

I binged the whole thing last night/this morning. Finally got to bed around 4am.
Good show!

Criminal Minds before it became criminal minds. In their infancy complete with major fuck ups.
Whomever played Kemper did a fantastic job. His eyes WERE dark pits of emptyness for reals. Excellent acting skills.

If you've finished watching Netflix's Mindhunter, you've seen one of the year's most chilling and unforgettable TV performances: Edmund “Big Ed” Kemper, as played by actor Cameron Britton. But the infamous “co-ed killer” is no mere writer's concoction

18-edmund-kemper-mindhunter.w710.h473.2x.jpg

No. Might make you a tad nervous though, on how you perceive those that seem sane..but are far from it.

I found the tv show Criminal Minds more disturbing that MindHunter. At least they did not go overboard with the gore. They talk about it, describe it, but it is brief and not too detailed like CM. In fact, I dislike CM, so I stopped watching it.

I found the tv show Criminal Minds more disturbing that MindHunter. At least they did not go overboard with the gore. They talk about it, describe it, but it is brief and not too detailed like CM. In fact, I dislike CM, so I stopped watching it.

Thanks for the point of reference. I used to watch criminal minds but stopped because after a while it got depressing for me.

So I will give this new show a watch. I like to profile criminals psychologically.

I am hard to please, but this show had me hooked because its different than the usual bullshit. They focus on many instead of every epi about one criminal. Plus, the scenery and music is cool. My era. :lol:

Whats scarey about it..and oh-so-good is...you find yourself sympathizing with the insane people. At first. They fool you. Just like they fooled their victims. And the FBI agents interviewing them. Our humanity that is not broken comes into play with those who ARE broken but are very very good at hiding their true selves.

THAT is scarey cuz they wear their masks extremely well. Even for you, the viewer. Which is a big nod to the actors that portrayed them in this show.

I just watched Not On This Earth. Fascinating. Jews, hiding from the Nazi's for OVER A YEAR in a cave in the Ukraine. Imagine. 400+ days down there.

I can't help but compare what they endured compared todays race riots and mindset of many blacks. That might sound racist but oh well. But..I digress.

If you like history documentaries/movies...check it out.

It's a true history and well documented. But the comparison to blacks was, well, weird, imo.
Yeah. I know. But I did think of the comparisons of the GIMME GIMME YOU OWE US crap versus what Jews went thru for so many GENERATIONS. Dig what I am saying? GENERATIONS. And you don't see Jews looting and screaming and killing over what they endured for thousands of years..do ya?

Well, I'll step on the third rail so to speak. The Jews were given a COUNTRY, carved out of other people's lands, after WWII, which arguably was what they felt they were owed.

Whats scarey about it..and oh-so-good is...you find yourself sympathizing with the insane people. At first. They fool you. Just like they fooled their victims. And the FBI agents interviewing them. Our humanity that is not broken comes into play with those who ARE broken but are very very good at hiding their true selves.

THAT is scarey cuz they wear their masks extremely well. Even for you, the viewer. Which is a big nod to the actors that portrayed them in this show.

Loved it I'm watching episode 2 now.

New Topics

Forum List

Back