Netflix Flicks

The series Grace and Frankie is good.
Yes it was. Surprisingly politically incorrect in places but Jane and Lilly were hilarious.
I agree. Jane and Lily are so adorable in this. I don't think they're acting really, probably pretty close to what they are IRL. :)

The gay husbands is really creative and I like the characters. I even love the theme music.

A TV show, not a movie, but I am obsessed with Bojack Horseman.
I watched the first couple episodes as just something to do when bored, thought it would be Family Guy-ish. It isn't. It's the best show I've ever seen. The problem is so many people abandoned it in the first few episodes- I nearly did. But this article sums up the show well:
BoJack Horseman s Radically Funny Sadness -- Vulture
My son works at Netflix and he was in an episode. Just an extra briefly standing in the background but it looks just like him LOL.
I think they just wanted to prank him.

The series Grace and Frankie is good.
Yes it was. Surprisingly politically incorrect in places but Jane and Lilly were hilarious.
I agree. Jane and Lily are so adorable in this. I don't think they're acting really, probably pretty close to what they are IRL. :)

The gay husbands is really creative and I like the characters. I even love the theme music.

I just heard an interview with Lily Tomlin a few weeks ago & she said that the beach house in the show was actually her grandmother's. I think it's still belongs to her family.

I just watched a good documentary, Keith Richards, Under the Influence. He was always under the influence but this was about people who influenced him like his mother, Muddy Waters, Gregory Isaacs, Chuck Berry, Bob Marley... So much good music and a great story.

The guy looks like a road map his skin is so wrinkled, he still smokes and drinks. He's a great guy though which I never thought about and very smart. Give it a listen.

Last edited:
I just watched a good documentary, Keith Richards, Under the Influence. He was always under the influence but this was about people who influenced him like his mother, Muddy Waters, Gregory Isaacs, Chuck Berry, Mob Marley... So much good music and a great story.

The guy looks like a road map his skin is so wrinkled, he still smokes and drinks. He's a great guy though which I never thought about and very smart. Give it a listen.
I am planning to watch that one to see how he is still alive.

A real good one is the Imitation Machine. A true story.
What are these about, strollingbones and Iceweasel?
The Imitation Machine is about the guy that invented these things we call computers today. It was a British effort in WW2 to break the Enigma Code, the Nazi's way of communication. Alan Turing figured out a way to create artificial intelligence, on a low level though, to search messages for patterns and meaning. It led to some tough decisions and I don't want to give too much away. The story is also a bit more complicated by the fact that Alan was a homosexual and that was not a good thing in that era.

I just watched Not On This Earth. Fascinating. Jews, hiding from the Nazi's for OVER A YEAR in a cave in the Ukraine. Imagine. 400+ days down there.

I can't help but compare what they endured compared todays race riots and mindset of many blacks. That might sound racist but oh well. But..I digress.

If you like history documentaries/movies...check it out.

It's a true history and well documented. But the comparison to blacks was, well, weird, imo.
Yeah. I know. But I did think of the comparisons of the GIMME GIMME YOU OWE US crap versus what Jews went thru for so many GENERATIONS. Dig what I am saying? GENERATIONS. And you don't see Jews looting and screaming and killing over what they endured for thousands of years..do ya?

Who's saying GIMME, GIMME?

Forum List

Back