Netflix Flicks

That being said Gracie,tell me all there is you need to know about netflicks.other than being able to buy movies from them,what else they have to offer? tv shows as well I assume?

Netflix costs 8.99 per month for two people on 2 different tvs. That is just streaming service. If you want the dvd to be mailed to you, it costs more I think. Just got to Netflix - Watch TV Shows Online Watch Movies Online and read up on it.
You can't buy movies from them. That is amazon or ebay. Netflix buys the rights to stream their movies but some are not available for streaming and you have to rent the dvd. Sometimes they don't have certain shows. HBO and Showtime refused netflix the rights to stream their shows. Other streaming services are amazon, hulu, youtube, etc.

I've been watching Chef's Table. Six episodes and not a show that teaches you how to cook but the mindset and technique of these different world renound chefs.

They all share a sort of reverence for food but oddly enough, they talk about how much it envelopes their lives. They have families but the food is really all there is.

There's one who is here in the US, NY, also has a reverence for the earth and feels you start there, with science in creating patches of earth to grow the food for flavor rather than thinking about certain types of meals you want to create.

I'm not binge watching but I'm enjoying it. :)

The Homesman. Kinda slow. But lots of recognizable faces. I liked it.

Been watching SOA. I tried it again after dropping it for awhile, I hated the violence but I learned to get passed it. I love Jimmy Smits anyway but I really love him in SOA. He starts in season 5.

Do any of you hate having to scroll sideways when selecting a movie on Netflix?

It can take longer to find a movie you want to watch that it does to watch the movie.

Not there's a fix for that irritating problem.

Netflix God Mode

It can take longer to find a movie you want to watch that it does to watch the movie.

Netflix God Mode

I don't mind it

I just wish I could get an index of all the films they are currently showing

Three movies streaming on Neflix that I have to recommend right now are...

1) Stand Up Guys: starring Christopher Walken , Al Pacino and Alan Arkin. Great fun movie about a bunch of elderly gangsters getting back together. Highly recommended. I give it 5 stars.

2) Gardens of the Night: Tom Arnold plays the most realistic creepiest kidnapper/child predator. Probably his best performance ever. The movie has a tearjerker ending.

3) Let the Right one In: The best vampire movie I've ever seen.

Netflix God Mode

I don't mind it

I just wish I could get an index of all the films they are currently showing
List of Netflix Movies and TV Shows AllFlicks
That's a good feature.

I just watched Not On This Earth. Fascinating. Jews, hiding from the Nazi's for OVER A YEAR in a cave in the Ukraine. Imagine. 400+ days down there.

I can't help but compare what they endured compared todays race riots and mindset of many blacks. That might sound racist but oh well. But..I digress.

If you like history documentaries/movies...check it out.

It's a true history and well documented. But the comparison to blacks was, well, weird, imo.
Yeah. I know. But I did think of the comparisons of the GIMME GIMME YOU OWE US crap versus what Jews went thru for so many GENERATIONS. Dig what I am saying? GENERATIONS. And you don't see Jews looting and screaming and killing over what they endured for thousands of years..do ya?

What produced the attitudes and behaviors of US Blacks hasn't to do as much with the degree of inhumanity they faced, but the type of inhumanity.

I'm postulating the idea that different living conditions will result in different types of behavior traits.

You know that the gender of embryonic alligators is determined by the temperature of the mound where the mother deposits and tends her eggs.

A few degrees warmer and the eggs become males. A few degrees cooler they all become females. At temperatures in between they produce baby alligators.of both sexes.

Had Blacks been faced with what the Jews faced in the Holocaust maybe Blacks might exhibit the same kinds of attitudes as current day Jews...or as the descendants of those who survived the death camp ordeal.

Had Jews been subject to the same cultural admonitions and prohibitions and by degree, lesser, inhumanities to them based on their living as slaves as Blacks did and endured the break up of their traditionally strong nuclear family as Blacks did, and were unable to assimilate into the larger society because their skin color branded them, unlike Jews who could and often did pass as gentiles, who's to say how Jews today might have turned out?

I'm guessing this means ... "You don't know how good ya got it, until ya know how bad it could be."

This may (or may not) have been mentioned, but I suggest you check out "Chef's Table".
Don't expect a cooking show. It's rather cerebral in that it delves into the minds, hearts, and lives of now successful chefs.

It's very well done (pun!). :thup:

I give it three beers... :beer: :beer: :beer:

Another one I'm watching now is The Mind of a Chef. One season on Japanese/American cuisine, one on Southern cooking and the third, I haven't seen yet. That first episode on Ramen Noodles got me hooked.

Lately on Netflix..

The Honey Badgers was good. I reccomend it.

Also, "Trip to the Moon" is now streaming on Netflix. You should probably take a hit of LSD about 40 minutes before you go on that trip.

Lately on Netflix..

Also, "Trip to the Moon" is now streaming on Netflix. You should probably take a hit of LSD about 40 minutes before you go on that trip.
A search of the Netflix site turns up neither. :dunno:
Try
"Le Voyage dans la lune".
Got it. :thup:

But... even IMDB doesn't show anything for The Honey Badgers. Unless it's "Vlogbrothers".= Honey Badgers: The Crazy Truth.
Izzatit?

Lately on Netflix..

A search of the Netflix site turns up neither. :dunno:
Try
"Le Voyage dans la lune".
Got it. :thup:

But... even IMDB doesn't show anything for The Honey Badgers. Unless it's "Vlogbrothers".= Honey Badgers: The Crazy Truth.
Izzatit?

My mistake, actually the show I was referring to is "Nature: Honey Badgers".

Forum List

Back