"NELLY'S ADVENTURE" - A RACIST CHILDREN'S FILM

Mortimer

Gold Member
Sep 29, 2010
Speedy Gonzales
"NELLY'S ADVENTURE" - A RACIST CHILDREN'S FILM
The Central Council of German Sinti and Roma accuses the state-sponsored children's film "Nelly's Adventure"of antiziganism. This film is just bursting with racist stereotypes and it is a poverty certificate they were not noticed during the film's development. Even more frightening: the responsible persons are still not aware of any fault. "Hello I am also a Roma child, but I do not steal, I always ask before I take something", a young Romni girl in the elementary school age introduces herself at an event in Berlin. How does she get this idea? She has previously seen the children's film "Nelly's Adventure" - and thereby gained the impression that such a differentiation is necessary. "NELLY'S ADVENTURE" IS NOT A FILM FOR CHILDREN
"It is fundamentally inconceivable that in Germany a film with such an anticiganist content is subsidized with tax money and then broadcast in the children's program of public television," explained Romani Rose. The Central Council of the Sinti and Roma therefore calls for this film not to be broadcast on public television. In the face of such a racist film, this concern is still very brief.

I copy pasted from facebook but I just watched the trailer, I didnt watched the whole movie, yes the romani are stereotyped, but it was not really offensive or "mean" well i didnt felt really offended, the romani also appear as cool and nelly likes them.

Mortimer, America also has a huge problem with prejudice and stereotyping in Movies.
Have you ever seen a positive portrayal of a Southerner or the South in a Movie?
Does Hollywood ever have positive portrayals of Christians?

Mortimer, America also has a huge problem with prejudice and stereotyping in Movies.
Have you ever seen a positive portrayal of a Southerner or the South in a Movie?

I dont know now, do you have a example? I think "muslims" are more often the terrorists then christians, or eastern europeans like russians. Americans portray themselfes usually in a positive light. Americans are always heroes. But this is more about a whole ethnic group/culture portrayed negative, not only political or fringe groups like KKK/Nazis etc.

I dont know now, do you have a example? I think "muslims" are more often the terrorists then christians, or eastern europeans like russians. Americans portray themselfes usually in a positive light. Americans are always heroes. But this is more about a whole ethnic group/culture portrayed negative, not only political or fringe groups like KKK/Nazis etc.

Well, many films have mocked Poles as dumb, Italians as mafia, and Germans as Nazis.

By golly, do you think Hollywood should be labeled a hate group?

Well, many films have mocked Poles as dumb, Italians as mafia, and Germans as Nazis.

I never saw a movie which mocked Germans as Nazis. I actually have the oppossite impression that the average german soldier is portrayed as honourable and only a few are seen as "nazis" or evil. Never all germans, i think russians and poles are less favourable portrayed I dont know about italians. I think many ww2 movies show germans in a positive light or the wehrmacht only the "ss"/concentration camp etc. they show as negative. makes sense since americans are closely related to germans, most american infact are germans. but anyways, this wasnt a hollywood movie but will be played in america too.

I never saw a movie which mocked Germans as Nazis. I actually have the oppossite impression that the average german soldier is portrayed as honourable and only a few are seen as "nazis" or evil. Never all germans, i think russians and poles are less favourable portrayed I dont know about italians. I think many ww2 movies show germans in a positive light or the wehrmacht only the "ss"/concentration camp etc. they show as negative. makes sense since americans are closely related to germans, most american infact are germans. but anyways, this wasnt a hollywood movie but will be played in america too.

There's definitely movies portraying Nazis as Germans, even if not all do.

Yeah, a lot of Whites in the U.S are of a German background, however in Hollywood a lot of them are of a Jewish background, as Jew Joel Stein at the LA Times pointed out.

Yeah, a lot of Whites in the U.S are of a German background, however in Hollywood a lot of them are of a Jewish background, as Jew Joel Stein at the LA Times pointed out.

Do you have a example? Most of the time a evil german chacater is balanced out by a good german character, i never saw a movie where germans as a ethnic group are called nazis.

Do you have a example? Most of the time a evil german chacater is balanced out by a good german character, i never saw a movie where germans as a ethnic group are called nazis.

Well, I don't think anyone's suggesting that there's some ethnic group called Nazis.

Well, I don't think anyone's suggesting that there's some ethnic group called Nazis.

My impression is that out of all the former war enemies the germans get the best away, better then russians, japanese, arabs or serbs.

Germans were also during the war better treated then japanese, who ended up in concentration camps.

My impression is that out of all the former war enemies the germans get the best away, better then russians, japanese, arabs or serbs.

Germans were also during the war better treated then japanese, who ended up in concentration camps.

Well, I certainly don't argue against that.

Forum List

Back