Needed: Universal privatization of schools

Jake is keeping up just fine. Not sure if you've been employed in the school system or not, but schools are notorious for cutting $$ corners.

No Jake is confused. In california, government school teachers make out like bandits while producing some of the poorest results in the US.

yes. a starting salary of 37k is BANK in salinas, CA -- a city where the murder rate is 4x the national average.

Yeah, Patrick is confusing the teacher's salary with causing the crash with those of the bankers. Poor bankers. Such a bum rap.

The US spends a lot more than most countries on education, and for paltry results. Years ago, we could "afford" an incompetent government school system, because we had no competition in the world. That world is gone - we compete with a unified europe and increasingly india and the PRC. We can no longer be held back by a failed system.

The current government school system is a hundred years old and way obsolete. The liberals have turned US schools into madrassas-lite with political indoctrination. They are bloated with administrators. They retain incompetent older teachers because of the seniority system. They are way overpaid. They've failed at their job.

A universal privatized system would bring the efficiencies of the market to a sector that badly needs it. The fossilized administrative structure would be a thing of the past. Teachers would have to make good or hit the bricks. Excellent teachers might earn far more than they do now. Schools would become accountable to their customers - parents. Students would no longer be guinea pigs for pedagogical gimmicks like "whole language".

Non-poor parents should pay their own education bills - there's no reason at all why working people should have to subsidize middle class parents in this area with their taxes.

why? so only rich people can go to school??

schools are not businesses and shouldn't be run as businesses.

If those kids are poor, its their fault and they should not be educated. The righty's need a poor class. Fuck the poor.

Jake is keeping up just fine. Not sure if you've been employed in the school system or not, but schools are notorious for cutting $$ corners.

No Jake is confused. In california, government school teachers make out like bandits while producing some of the poorest results in the US.

yes. a starting salary of 37k is BANK in salinas, CA -- a city where the murder rate is 4x the national average.

Average salary in california for teachers is about 62K, plus health benefits, plus a defined benefit pension, almost unheard of in the private sector. Learn the facts and stop making a fool of yourself. :D

Yeah, Patrick is confusing the teacher's salary with causing the crash with those of the bankers. Poor bankers. Such a bum rap.

Quit cluttering the thread with your imbecilities. :rolleyes:

The US spends a lot more than most countries on education, and for paltry results. Years ago, we could "afford" an incompetent government school system, because we had no competition in the world. That world is gone - we compete with a unified europe and increasingly india and the PRC. We can no longer be held back by a failed system.

The current government school system is a hundred years old and way obsolete. The liberals have turned US schools into madrassas-lite with political indoctrination. They are bloated with administrators. They retain incompetent older teachers because of the seniority system. They are way overpaid. They've failed at their job.

A universal privatized system would bring the efficiencies of the market to a sector that badly needs it. The fossilized administrative structure would be a thing of the past. Teachers would have to make good or hit the bricks. Excellent teachers might earn far more than they do now. Schools would become accountable to their customers - parents. Students would no longer be guinea pigs for pedagogical gimmicks like "whole language".

Non-poor parents should pay their own education bills - there's no reason at all why working people should have to subsidize middle class parents in this area with their taxes.

why? so only rich people can go to school??

schools are not businesses and shouldn't be run as businesses.

If those kids are poor, its their fault and they should not be educated. The righty's need a poor class. Fuck the poor.

That's exactly what the government schools do - fuck the poor.

Average salary in california for teachers is about 62K, plus health benefits, plus a defined benefit pension, almost unheard of in the private sector. Learn the facts and stop making a fool of yourself. :D

That will change as teachers have a hard time staying in the profession now. (It's about 5-7 years.) Anyway, I said STARTING salary. The teachers making 70k have been there 15 years.

Apparently your public education failed to school you in reading comprehension skills.

That will change as teachers have a hard time staying in the profession now. (It's about 5-7 years.) Anyway, I said STARTING salary. The teachers making 70k have been there 15 years.

Apparently your public education failed to school you in reading comprehension skills.

I understood what you said. 37K for a dimwitted teacher's degree is plenty, actually about twice what it should be worth.

Glad to see you value teachers. :cuckoo:

Teachers have failed this country. Let me tell you about a high school teacher I had - Mrs. Gould. We called her Mrs. Ghoul. She would come in ten minutes late, tell us to read something in our lit book, and say little else. Then she started coming in, putting her head on the desk, and sleeping the whole period. You can imagine the kids just talking and goofing off. I remember one time she roused herself enough to say "You goddam kids! You can SEE I'm trying to sleep and you won't shut up!"

Hahaha Salinas. That place is like being in Mexico. Have you been to the mall there? GHETTO.

Teachers have failed this country. Let me tell you about a high school teacher I had - Mrs. Gould. We called her Mrs. Ghoul. She would come in ten minutes late, tell us to read something in our lit book, and say little else. Then she started coming in, putting her head on the desk, and sleeping the whole period. You can imagine the kids just talking and goofing off. I remember one time she roused herself enough to say "You goddam kids! You can SEE I'm trying to sleep and you won't shut up!"

An undocumented, anecdotal quote from a person who has trouble with critical thinking skills (that's you, Patrick), and everyone is thinking, "Yah, Patrick, has a problem. Himself!"

An undocumented, anecdotal quote from a person who has trouble with critical thinking skills (that's you, Patrick), and everyone is thinking, "Yah, Patrick, has a problem. Himself!"

If you are unable to debate the issue, will please at least quit cluttering the thread with these meaningless insult posts?

You have offered nothing factual or evidential that holds wait, Pat, that's the problem. Do it or shut up.

You have offered nothing factual or evidential that holds wait, Pat, that's the problem. Do it or shut up.

There should be a forum rule against what you do - an anti-littering rule. You've made lots of posts in this thread, and I can't remember a single substantive one.

Forum List

Back