Need help with a song selection

Okay, now that The Donnas isn't blaring in my head:

"Endless Love" or "Islands in the Stream".

They'd be good slow dance tunes. :dunno:

Last edited:
My daughter is getting married on 12/31/23. I am walking her down the aisle.

I need a song for the father-of-the-bride and mother-of-the-bride's dance.

We have been divorced since 1996, but are still the best of friends.

Any suggestions? (I can't believe I am asking this crowd)
First question.

Can you break dance?

My Wish. Rascal Flatts.

Oops, I misunderstood the paring. This will be a dance between you and your Ex?

Hmmm.... That is a tough one.

Last edited:
I put your question to ChatGPT. This is what I got back. Congrats and all the best.

Choosing a song for the father-of-the-bride and mother-of-the-bride dance when they are divorced but good friends is a thoughtful and considerate decision. Here are a few song suggestions that reflect love, gratitude, and the special bond between parents and their daughter:
  1. "What a Wonderful World" by Louis Armstrong
    • This classic song has a timeless and heartwarming feel, making it a great choice for a dance that celebrates the beauty of life and relationships.
  2. "You'll Be in My Heart" by Phil Collins
    • Featured in Disney's Tarzan, this song is a beautiful expression of enduring love and support. It's a touching choice for a parent dance.
  3. "In My Life" by The Beatles
    • This Beatles' classic reflects on the meaningful people in one's life and the memories shared. It's a sweet and sentimental choice for a dance between divorced but close parents.
  4. "The Way You Look Tonight" by Frank Sinatra
    • Sinatra's timeless voice and romantic lyrics make this song a classic choice for a dance, emphasizing the enduring admiration and affection between the parents and their daughter.
  5. "You Raise Me Up" by Josh Groban
    • This inspirational song speaks to the support and encouragement that parents provide. It's a touching choice for a dance that acknowledges the role of parents in shaping and uplifting their child.
  6. "Sweet Child o' Mine" by Guns N' Roses (instrumental version)
    • If you're looking for something with a bit of rock flair but still sentimental, consider an instrumental version of this iconic rock ballad.
Remember to choose a song that resonates with the emotions and dynamics of your family. It's essential to make sure the song feels right for the occasion and reflects the love and friendship between the divorced but amicable parents.

You simply cannot go wrong here.

Last edited:

Maybe this one if your group has a good sense of humor?

Last edited:
One of the most gut wrenching yet beautiful songs about love ever written.

That is a beautiful song. But is was ruined for me by a friend when I was in the Navy.

"It used to be so natural
To talk about forever
But used-to-be's don't count anymore
They just lay on the floor till we sweep them away"

Then my friend mentioned that it must be hard to sweep up used-to-bees. And he wondered if they sting.

Butterfly Kisses is sappy, but very appropriate, if you can keep it together while listening to the lyrics. ;)
I second this, but to make it more interesting, go with this copy of the song. The Raybon brothers released it the same year that it was released by two other singers including the guy who wrote the song. How this duo scored the song so soon I have no idea.

This is a good one about a mother and daughter relationship.

God bless you and the singers always!!!

Holly

I don't know how "funky" you and your ex dance, but I always liked this Janet Jackson song "Together Again". Congrats on your daughter's wedding!!

I think a lot of people did.

Yes, we are going to have a dance for the parents.
Like I said, I've never heard of this, and I've been the entertainment, solo and in bands, for over 100 weddings over the years. Have fun! If you weren't still friends, I would have suggested 'The Bitch is Back'.

Like I said, I've never heard of this, and I've been the entertainment, solo and in bands, for over 100 weddings over the years. Have fun! If you weren't still friends, I would have suggested 'The Bitch is Back'.

I actually suggested that, but substitute the song I want. But tell her we are dancing to The Bitch Is Back. I expect she will laugh.

We are the closest of friends. It wasn't easy at the beginning, but we were determined not to fuck up our kids lives.

Forum List

Back