Need an idea

I might have to improvise with the bread.. fruit syrup or fruit on top?
I would serve those on the side. Unless the recipe calls for it.

I made a really good French toast bake that had brown sugar, butter and sugar on the bottom which turned into a sort of syrup...

just slice it the night before and let it dry and firm up....proper french toast is made with stale harden bread...so you have to firm up the banana bread but think outside the box....you can do it with many breads or rather all breads...maybe not corn bread

I might have to improvise with the bread.. fruit syrup or fruit on top?
I would serve those on the side. Unless the recipe calls for it.

I made a really good French toast bake that had brown sugar, butter and sugar on the bottom which turned into a sort of syrup...
fruit syrup it is! I will check and see what kind of good shit we got going on at the grocery store

i served it with maple syrup....i make a rich banana bread....i add golden rasains to the batter...you can add walnuts or whatever nut you like.....if i were gonna serve a fruit i would just slice up a banana hit each plate with a few banana discs

i am having winter solstice dinner tomorrow.....with my son and his gf...
menu:

shrimp cold
shittakes wrapped in bacon

prime rib
sweet tater casserole
brussel sprouts

killer yule log

just slice it the night before and let it dry and firm up....proper french toast is made with stale harden bread...so you have to firm up the banana bread but think outside the box....you can do it with many breads or rather all breads...maybe not corn bread
You can use corn bread in corn bread pudding though:
6 Recipes Turning Cornbread Into an All-Star Dish

I am still looking for the recipe of the best breakfast bake I ever made or had..it was really simple...but the proportions were such that it was almost like soufflé.

It used French bread, torn up, layered with meat I think, then the milk/egg/cheese mixture poured on and it's allowed to soak at least over night, and up to 24 hours, I think. It puffed up when it baked, it was lovely.

LMAO

i did manage to get everything today....chemo was brief....i got there at 8:20 am and i was outta there at 8:40 am....and i discovered there aint anyone at walmart at 7 am....lol....i ...hmm...i guess a polite term would be 'dressed down' this am...grumpy ask where the hell i was going looking like that...i replied walmart...he hoped they got my good side on people of walmart...

i hate roaming town with a bladder full of chemicals.....when the butcher said it would be ten minutes on the damn standing rib roast....well all i could do was walk about and grimace

yall do realize there is a reason i am diabetic ?

try for a wee bit less sugar....cause i bet you got co workers who are diabetic and a lot of us try to hide the fact and will eat food that is really bad for us...peer pressure....at micky d's causes me to hit the drive thru for fries....so far....even with the hot sign i wont do krispy kreme....

Forum List

Back